The Odin Thread

Why is the Odin Thread so quiet :p are the reodin owners just so content that they refrain from posting here as it will take up their odin time :p

The Odin has me living around .3 ohms lately. 1 second pulls, intense, full bodied warm flavour and tons of vapor :p #myhappyplace

PS @Andre don't forget to keep us posted on the vertical build ;)

We clearly need more Odins available @Yiannaki !

@Yiannaki, what will be loaded in your Odin at the vape meet?
I am curious to try your best setup
Like a reversal of what happened when we met and you tried my Blackbird
Lol

PS @Andre don't forget to keep us posted on the vertical build ;)
  1. cTW91Rx.jpg

• Horizontal, tilted coils, 0.5 ohms, 8 wraps of 28g on a 1.5mm ID, wicked with 2mm ceramic wicks
  2. J4601eX.jpg

• Vertical dual coils, 27g, 2.8 mm ID, 7 wraps each, 0.56 ohms, 3 mm ceramic wicks
Build: No 1 was easier to install and wick than 2. I struggle to get the coils of the bigger 2.8 mm ID as neat and as tight as on the 1.5 mm ID.
Wicking: No 2 wicks more effectively than 1. The shorter, thicker wicks of No 2 seems to hold more juice than the longer, thinner wicks of No 1. No residual juice in the wells with No 2.
Vaping: Vaped Black Out City for some time on both. Difference in vape quality is so slight it is purely academic. Holding a knife to my throat, I would choose No 2.
Leaking: As a serial oversquonker leaks through the air holes of air flow control atomizers are the bane of my life. No doubt the positioning of the coils further away from the air slits on No 2 has led to much less leaking. The RM2 still the most leak proof atomizer I have ever used. Hoping the Darang atomizer with very unique air channels exiting at the top of the cap will solve this problem. One on its way to see if it can be modded to bottom feed.
Conclusion: Prefer No 2.

@Yiannaki, what will be loaded in your Odin at the vape meet?
I am curious to try your best setup
Like a reversal of what happened when we met and you tried my Blackbird
Lol

How about i bring the Odin there with a fresh version of my ideal build and let you drip a juice you adore so that way you can gauge with a juice you are very familiar with?

Option 2: i could load some of a real nightmare or KTR ?

1. cTW91Rx.jpg
    • Horizontal, tilted coils, 0.5 ohms, 8 wraps of 28g on a 1.5mm ID, wicked with 2mm ceramic wicks
  2. J4601eX.jpg
    • Vertical dual coils, 27g, 2.8 mm ID, 7 wraps each, 0.56 ohms, 3 mm ceramic wicks
Build: No 1 was easier to install and wick than 2. I struggle to get the coils of the bigger 2.8 mm ID as neat and as tight as on the 1.5 mm ID.
Wicking: No 2 wicks more effectively than 1. The shorter, thicker wicks of No 2 seems to hold more juice than the longer, thinner wicks of No 1. No residual juice in the wells with No 2.
Vaping: Vaped Black Out City for some time on both. Difference in vape quality is so slight it is purely academic. Holding a knife to my throat, I would choose No 2.
Leaking: As a serial oversquonker leaks through the air holes of air flow control atomizers are the bane of my life. No doubt the positioning of the coils further away from the air slits on No 2 has led to much less leaking. The RM2 still the most leak proof atomizer I have ever used. Hoping the Darang atomizer with very unique air channels exiting at the top of the cap will solve this problem. One on its way to see if it can be modded to bottom feed.
Conclusion: Prefer No 2.

Thanks for the detailed feedback @Andre :D

I will most certainly give this one a bash!

How about i bring the Odin there with a fresh version of my ideal build and let you drip a juice you adore so that way you can gauge with a juice you are very familiar with?

Option 2: i could load some of a real nightmare or KTR ?

Let me think about that @Yiannaki
Thanks for the offer though. Will definitely be one of those options
I am tempted to drip my blackbird but the problem is its 18mg and I assume your odin is set up for a lung hit

Let me think about that @Yiannaki
Thanks for the offer though. Will definitely be one of those options
I am tempted to drip my blackbird but the problem is its 18mg and I assume your odin is set up for a lung hit

This is true! Yes direct lung hit for sure, We could always close the cyclops slots for mouth to lung tho :D

This is true! Yes direct lung hit for sure, We could always close the cyclops slots for mouth to lung tho :D

Cyclops slots!?
I thought this is the Odin we talking about?
Or are you just referring to the slots affectionately as Cyclops slots

Be careful @Yiannaki

Bear in mind I am not a slutty loose goose vaper
I go for tightness and flavour ;-)

As promised @Alex :D

26g dual coil
2.5mm ID
9 Wraps
0.45Ω
Rayon Wick

I wrap the coil leg on the far post to give me more space for the wick on the left hand side.

b2fc6656a79d61711d0bb3c13e196670.jpg

Brilliant!

Here's the Odin on my mini
70e5bceb9b1e46e05d24e3b178132069.jpg

106e4a1c549b1f855149f16adcdf6bed.jpg

via iphone

As promised @Alex :D

26g dual coil
2.5mm ID
9 Wraps
0.45Ω
Rayon Wick

I wrap the coil leg on the far post to give me more space for the wick on the left hand side.

b2fc6656a79d61711d0bb3c13e196670.jpg
Thanks for sharing. That is a brilliant tip to use the far post - will do it that way next time.

Back