The Odin Thread

Ok cool

Have you managed to try any other wicking material, besides rayon?
No i haven't but i think i found the problem.

It's the juice i'm vaping. It really gunks up the coil, and when i checked after another few clouds, the coil looked like it was covered in ash on top. I removed the wick, scraped as much as possible of the gunk off the coil, then dry burnt it.

Unfortunately one of the coil legs broke during the dry burn o_Oo_Oo_O

Never happened to me EVER!

It's the juice i'm vaping. It really gunks up the coil, and when i checked after another few clouds, the coil looked like it was covered in ash on top. I removed the wick, scraped as much as possible of the gunk off the coil, then dry burnt it.

My max VG juices also gunk up quite a bit. What I do is remove the wick, then fire it on the mod to burn all the gunk off. Let it cool down, brush with an old toothbrush and repeat 2 more times. Good as a new coil

Time to rebuild @phanatik

What I normally do is, remove old wick, rinse Rda in hot water, dry burn, rinse again then dry burn

Coil is as good as new again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I now have two Odins, I thought I'd change it up a bit from my usual dual coils. Single coil, 3 strands twisted 28G coming to about 0.6 ohm. Awesome flavor, good vapor production. Just a little restrictive on the airflow.

20150607_092125_resized.jpg

Hi @phanatik , i dont use the Odin, but have some comments that may help

With the Rayon, make sure you put in quite a lot. Must be fairly tight before juicing up. Rayon contracts when wet, unlike cotton. Maybe you didnt have enough wick in there

As for dry burning and breaking a leg, that happens to me occasionally when I use thinner wire and my Blackbird juice. Seems like the juice demolishes the coils (and wicks). My 30g para-coils are particularly prone to this. 28g ones not as much. When I dry burn I dont let it glow for long. Just a little bit. That does help a lot.

Good luck and hope you get it right

Does anyone have the original drip tip for the Odin they willing to sell perhaps? Not the ' chess pawn' drip tip... Please let me know. Thanks. :blush:

Does anyone have the original drip tip for the Odin they willing to sell perhaps? Not the ' chess pawn' drip tip... Please let me know. Thanks. :blush:

They sell for $15 on www.lokilabs.com....
Locally, they are unicorn horns :D I have tried, but no-one wats to sell. Maybe some handy vendor can make us some Delrin tips on those dimensions? I sure would buy a couple
@JakesSA

They sell for $15 on www.lokilabs.com....
Locally, they are unicorn horns :D I have tried, but no-one wats to sell. Maybe some handy vendor can make us some Delrin tips on those dimensions? I sure would buy a couple
@JakesSA
VapeClub used to stock black and white in Delrin from someone who makes them. Either out of stock or his web site is not up to date. Had one on my black Nuppin with black Reo, which I sold in the mean time. Love those router bit drip tips.

Xpv2laq.jpg

Guys, let me know anyway if you do decide to let go 1 of these drip tips.. Thanks

Back