The Odin Thread

Thanks for posting @Rob Fisher
But unfortunately, my internet is on the blink and my speed is too slow to watch the Odin2 video
Have escalated the problem and hopefully telkom will resolve soon

But what does Super X say? Better than V1? Does he make any comparison to the Nuppin?

Thanks for posting @Rob Fisher
But unfortunately, my internet is on the blink and my speed is too slow to watch the Odin2 video
Have escalated the problem and hopefully telkom will resolve soon

But what does Super X say? Better than V1? Does he make any comparison to the Nuppin?

In a nutshell there is more space and more air... not a big change at all... no comparison to the Nuppin from him... just waxes lyrical about the Odin for 20 minutes.

Thanks a lot Rob
Thats helpful

Oh yeah, V2 will be day 1 purchase for me!

I don't necessarily need more air, but more space, which hopefully equates to more liquid capacity, would be nice. I still prefer the Odin over the Marquis, but I use the Marquis more because I get 15 drops in as opposed to 10 in the Odin.

Rebuilt this morning
c8564a4f73e60cd19c0936ea534432e2.jpg

Love the drip tip on the original Odin. Wish my clone had one like that. Anyone thinking of doing a group buy on the authentic V2?

@r0gue z0mbie would you mind putting up some pics of your Marquis builds in another thread? For some reason I can't get good flavor from mine, and I can only dream of getting 15 drops in there. It overflows on 8 drops, and runs dry quite quickly. Think my wicking is all wrong maybe.

@r0gue z0mbie would you mind putting up some pics of your Marquis builds in another thread? For some reason I can't get good flavor from mine, and I can only dream of getting 15 drops in there. It overflows on 8 drops, and runs dry quite quickly. Think my wicking is all wrong maybe.

Marquis over-flowing? Yoh, thats strange.

I will do, but I have found lately that it is a bastard to build on.

@Viper_SA are your coils horizontal or vertical? Because I find horizontal don't work well.

For flavour, push your coils closer to the air-holes.

I will take pics as soon as I'm home

Single coil, vertical. For the life of me I can't get the coils to heat up evenly when I do dual coils on the Marquis. Flavor seems a bit muted to me. Tried 1.5, 2 and 2.5mm coils. 3mm was the worst. So far the Odin is my favorite dripper I own.

Single coil, vertical. For the life of me I can't get the coils to heat up evenly when I do dual coils on the Marquis. Flavor seems a bit muted to me. Tried 1.5, 2 and 2.5mm coils. 3mm was the worst. So far the Odin is my favorite dripper I own.
Here is my coiling. Pretty good flavour. 26 g Kanthal, 2.6 mm ID, 6 wraps each, 0.39 ohms and wicked with 3 mm ceramic.
ToL72jq.jpg

Here is my coiling. Pretty good flavour. 26 g Kanthal, 2.6 mm ID, 6 wraps each, 0.39 ohms and wicked with 3 mm ceramic.
ToL72jq.jpg

Thanks @Andre Do you fold the end of the wicks in the bottom, or just have them touching the deck?

Not that there's anything "wrong" with the v1 but is it just me that thinks this v2 is an incredibly lazy upgrade?

More space and bigger airholes? Zero innovation

So, i'm struggling a bit with Dry hits,

I think my wicking is not up to par. i get 1 to 2 amazing long hits, on a single coil 24g 0.4ohm.

the third hit tastes burnt. Pop the cap off and the wick is still very moist.

So, i'm struggling a bit with Dry hits,

I think my wicking is not up to par. i get 1 to 2 amazing long hits, on a single coil 24g 0.4ohm.

the third hit tastes burnt. Pop the cap off and the wick is still very moist.
Post a few pics bud

This is my wicking, and I get 3 - 4 Lekker long lung hits

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432919564.004706.jpg

What are u using for wick? Rayon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess i'll have to join the squonk club then... the flavour and clouds are just too damn good on the ODIN
What mod are you using the Odin on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back