The Quasar Rda

Xhale

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Go this about a week ago so can now form an opinion, hope anybody sitting on the fence about this one gets some value from this review:)

Clone, again..sorry.
The quasar is a rda, and nothing uniquely special to differentiate it from any other rda, but it does get a lot of the things right without resorting to drills.
It has adjustable twin airflow slots, horizontal, and are well aligned with the expected coil height. The cap consists of an inner and outer section which rotate, thereby opening or closing some of the airslot. It has a few orings on the inner wall to prevent leaks

Inside, a "traditional" 3 post system for dual coil operation, with holes in the posts big enough for twin 0.5mm builds.

Outside, 22mm diameter means it sits well on most mods.

In use: a built a 0.3ohm dual coil using 0.32mm wire, microcoil and cotton. Opened the air slots fully, fitted a fresh sony vtc4 and dropped in 10 drops of my favourite homebrew.
Paired on a brass m16 mod, took a massive lung inhale and almost choked. This baby can pump some clouds in this configuration. My previous igo-w/igo-w3 etc were all good already, so it is tough to say what sets this apart from all the others. The mysterious airflow that is so important in rda's seems to be involved too..everything about this atty seems to be in the "ok ...maybe even perfect" scale. I like the flavour that comes off this, and the vape isnt overly warm (everything in context here..it is 0.3ohms afterall)

I'm using it, without any additional modifying, and can fog out the tv at will, turn the lounge into a hazy place to be.

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with this rda, it sits well, its well machined, nothing needed fiddling to bring it up to standard, and the vape on this low ohm build is superb.

Good points: there is a lot of metal, so it conducts the heat away well, but this is also a bad point as with some vigorous chain-vaping it can stay warm for a bit.

Bad points: my only slight negative, adjusting the airflow once the cap is on is nigh on impossible. The outer part spins, and this spins the inner part too, so the airflow remains fixed. But, I feel this is more a set it and forget it device.

It makes clouds, its cheap. Its not the prettiest thing, but also hasnt been beaten with an ugly stick. It does work, and will be a happy enough dripper for anybody, as well as having the capability to become a fog machine if desired.
Subohm safety should apply btw..be careful

IMG_20140506_120035.jpg IMG_20140506_120011.jpg

is there some trick to building a coil on a dripper so it glows quickly? i have yet to build a coil in my igo w3 that actually compares to the stock coil that it came with. getting a bit miffed here, want to use my dripper more but it just doesn't seem to work well

its about getting the right size wire in my experience. what sizes do you have available? and (without being patronising) are you up to speed on ohms law?

used up all my kanthal again but the last one was 28 guage kanthal, 10 wraps on an ID of around 2mm, giving me a dual coil of 1 ohm

Try 30g or 32g kanthal parralel coil, about 8 wraps, think its about 1.4 Ohms, instant glow! Huge coil seeing that 8 wraps is actually 16 wraps (double wire)! So its like a single coil that gives duel coil performance. Wanna go lower on Ohms use 28g or 26g wire or less wraps.

Built one of these for someone else and well impressed with its performance

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1399377630874.jpg

I own the original seen here on my limited edition diamond king and it's my go to dripper.

Most drippers share common functionality. Only real difference is the base you build on and aesthetics. I love the Quasar for the manner in which it integrates with a tube mod, giving it that simplistic look. Viscous Ant also machined these for Cosmic innovations so its real precision engineering.

Can't say I'm having the airhole adjustment issue you are. If I hold the cap and turn the drip tip it adjusts with just enough force not to be too loose.

I really like the look on a 22mm device, and the airflow control on the original seems to work well. At least from the review I had a look at from Todd on the tube. Probably the machining on the clone needs a break in period.

Try get some e liquid inside and keep spinning it? Maybe some pure VG?

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Reminded me of something I posted way back....
This is the Quasar.

20140110_151604.jpg

My Mother of Medusa Build

Back