The Rogue Thread

First build on the rogue (bf conversion done by @JakesSA and very impressively done with a PEEK insulator as well)as follows:

Dual Coil
7 wraps 24 AWG
2.5 mm Internal Diameter
0.4 Ohms
Japanese cotton

Impressions:

Very nice flavor.
Air flow is enough. I love that i don't have to play with the airflow and it seems to be what I want.
Almost impossible to get it to leak is a huge plus.
Heat from the RDA is not bad. Not as hot as some other RDA's I have used recently.

Negative aspects: damn negative post screws that you need to wind the coil under. I prefer post holes that you slip the coil through.

Overall:
This rogue is heading for my all day RDA.
Flavor is great and airflow is decent.

Ill post pics of my next build soon.

First build on the rogue (bf conversion done by @JakesSA and very impressively done with a PEEK insulator as well)as follows:

Dual Coil
7 wraps 24 AWG
2.5 mm Internal Diameter
0.4 Ohms
Japanese cotton

Impressions:

Very nice flavor.
Air flow is enough. I love that i don't have to play with the airflow and it seems to be what I want.
Almost impossible to get it to leak is a huge plus.
Heat from the RDA is not bad. Not as hot as some other RDA's I have used recently.

Negative aspects: damn negative post screws that you need to wind the coil under. I prefer post holes that you slip the coil through.

Overall:
This rogue is heading for my all day RDA.
Flavor is great and airflow is decent.

Ill post pics of my next build soon.
Great stuff. Yeah mine lives permanently on my Woodvils on which one does not want any leaking or condensation.

@Andre,

I am very impressed. 6mg in the rogue had me buzzing like a fridge.
I cant get over how well this thing preforms and tastes.
I cant recommend vapeclub enough for the conversion either :D

Couldn't sleep, so I was determined to make this work. Did a quad coil, 2.4mm ID, 26 awg Kanthal A1 slanted coil setup. Came to around 0.3 Ohm. Quite a warm vape compared to the same resistance with dual 24 awg on the Derringer. Best flavor to date on the Rogue. Will post some of the crappy pics later, keep in mind they were taken at 02:00 in the morning :D

Running it on a Terminator mod, with the same juice as the other Terminator/Derringer combo, and the flavor is the closest I have gotten it to date. Not an easy build, because of the negative post wrap around, as @Christos has pointed out. Winding in opposite direction on each negative is a b!tch.

IMG_1466.JPG IMG_1467.JPG

I'm tempted to try a quad coil but my happy wire is 24 awg.
I would swear the atty a few times.

My next experiment will be vertical coils.

Couldn't sleep, so I was determined to make this work. Did a quad coil, 2.4mm ID, 26 awg Kanthal A1 slanted coil setup. Came to around 0.3 Ohm. Quite a warm vape compared to the same resistance with dual 24 awg on the Derringer. Best flavor to date on the Rogue. Will post some of the crappy pics later, keep in mind they were taken at 02:00 in the morning :D

Running it on a Terminator mod, with the same juice as the other Terminator/Derringer combo, and the flavor is the closest I have gotten it to date. Not an easy build, because of the negative post wrap around, as @Christos has pointed out. Winding in opposite direction on each negative is a b!tch.

View attachment 34586 View attachment 34587
Yes, most impressive. Rebuilt one of mine last night (26 g, dual, 2.5 mm ID, slanted, 0.5 ohms) - not even a remote chance that I would attempt 4 coils in there.

As promised here is my build on the rogue.
Decided not to go with vertical coils because horizontal ones work just great.

8 Wraps
24 awg
2.5 mm ID
.5 ohms
Japanese cotton.

Flavour is great and the vapour production is unexpectedly dense.
Its like a smoke storm in my office with 50/50 pg/vg.
20150827_125150.jpg 20150827_124748.jpg 20150827_124716.jpg 20150827_124410.jpg

Back