The Rogue Thread

Maybe we can just make our own indicator on the rda to indicate where the airflow is at? One small marking on the Top airflow cap, and one small marking on the rda, if they align,we know its open wide?
Sounds like a good idea.

There is no question this atty is a cut above the rest... it just slipped in without much fan fare and it's awesome!

@Andre do you wraps your coils around the ceramic wick or first wrap and then thread the wick through?

@Andre do you wraps your coils around the ceramic wick or first wrap and then thread the wick through?
First wrap the coil, then push-screw in the ceramic. With ekowool I sock the wick in a mandrel and wrap ugly coil directly.

Received my rogue rda this morning. Comes in a nice little box.
Im a single coil guy, so it was n bit difficult to build a dual coil that heats up evenly.
28g, 8 wraps around that little blue screw driver u get with most rba's, dont know if its 2mm?
Anyway, comes out at 0.6 ohms.
Airflow is always open, even if closed fully. There has to be some sort of hack to fix this issue?
Flavor is great,better than my atomic (only rda I ever used,except the rm2).
Almost sits flushed on my reo grand lp.
The 510 pin isnt adjustable though because of the bf modification.
img_20150424_133006-png.25916
IMG_20150424_100056.jpg IMG_20150424_133006.png IMG_20150424_100056.jpg IMG_20150424_133006.png

Finally collected my rogue today from @JakesSA :D

So here is my first build. Nothing fancy here. Just my go to dual coil build.

Dual coil
26g
2.5mm ID
8 wraps
0.5ohms
Kgd wick

Initial Impressions on the Rogue: Outstanding flavour, and packs a lot more punch than the Nuppin which tends to smooth things out a lot.

Will report back more in a few days :)

0ec8048a40c132a3c2e584d987a7d1a9.jpg

f3b76936edc8d0c392e1346bcfbe9119.jpg

867cb7f34ff17b3c975b90aadd7b504d.jpg

c82b06e8ed225e523810d37fc93944ed.jpg

Last edited:
I'm really interested to hear you feedback @Yiannaki! I have tried so many of these dual coil BF atties and not one came close to impressing me for flavour... the Rouge is very different... I don't know if it was just the first one I built decent coils for if it's just a great design!

Tell me will a single parallel 26g 4 wraps 2.4mm I'd 0.3 ohm work in this atty. Or is it only made for dual.

Myself and @Gert built this single coil in the Odin today and Vaped with both airholes open and the flavor was amazing.

So my only question is will a single coil work here?

Tell me will a single parallel 26g 4 wraps 2.4mm I'd 0.3 ohm work in this atty. Or is it only made for dual.

Myself and @Gert built this single coil in the Odin today and Vaped with both airholes open and the flavor was amazing.

So my only question is will a single coil work here?
It does not have an air slot for single coils like the Odin, but if you have both air slots open with a single coil in the Odin, I see no reason why it will not work on the Rogue. Only way find out is to try.

It does not have an air slot for single coils like the Odin, but if you have both air slots open with a single coil in the Odin, I see no reason why it will not work on the Rogue. Only way find out is to try.
Okay Thx Andre I will get myself one

Very interesting to hear your feedback @Yiannaki - and thanks for sharing

Am liking to hear that it packs a punch versus the Nuppin smoothing effect that we have observed

Please let us know more as you go

Any good builds someone wanna share? Maybe a pic or two?

@Andre, thanks for the link to this thread, I just built a 0.4 ohm slanted build on the rogue. Definite improvement in flavour and vapour. it does have a hectic throat hit though, using a narrow drip-tip helps quite a bit.

Attachments

• rogue 040 build.jpg
    rogue 040 build.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 18
@Andre, thanks for the link to this thread, I just built a 0.4 ohm slanted build on the rogue. Definite improvement in flavour and vapour. it does have a hectic throat hit though, using a narrow drip-tip helps quite a bit.
View attachment 28587

Yip, I love the throat hit on the Rogue. Great coiling there.

Just got my Rogue 2nd hand from @Morne
Quick 0.5 ohm build. Dual coils, 45 degree angled, 26G, 7 wraps. This little atty kicks ass in the flavor department! Very decent clouds too. I do detect a difference in airflow when turning the top ring, but not too much. Wide open on a wide bore drip tip is perfect for me though. I wanted to buy Morne's BF Odin, but it was already sold, so glad I got this little one. Might be my favorite atty to date, lol :D

Just got my Rogue 2nd hand from @Morne
Quick 0.5 ohm build. Dual coils, 45 degree angled, 26G, 7 wraps. This little atty kicks ass in the flavor department! Very decent clouds too. I do detect a difference in airflow when turning the top ring, but not too much. Wide open on a wide bore drip tip is perfect for me though. I wanted to buy Morne's BF Odin, but it was already sold, so glad I got this little one. Might be my favorite atty to date, lol :D
Great stuff. And how are you liking the bottom feeding?

I still think the Rouge is one of the very best dual BF atties around! :rock:

:oops: Don't ask @Andre .....
I found a little vape shop in Vanderbijlpark in the vaal yesterday. Walked out with a bottle of NCV StrawBshake, Bombies 'nana Cream and the guys 2nd hand Terminator :D It's still nice to drip at home, but on the move the bottom feeding works great. Still over-and-under-squonking from time to time, and the fact that the bottle level influences the amount squonked still catches me out a bit, but overall it's good. Not planning on shelling out the cash for a Reo just yet, lol, but it's good.

The easy of squonking has made me go down to 3mg from 6mg though :D Had a few head-rushy moments in the last few days

Brilliant bf attie. Which bf single coil attie is the best comparison for flavour?

I wholeheartedly agree, the RM2 is a flavour monster - best flavour I've ever had off any tank or dripper - even dripping the juice straight on my tongue isn't as good :p

It's a tight draw though, but that only aids in the intensity of the flavour :)

Back