The Savour MTL RTA By Vaping V1ck & 3CVape

There's a new MTL RTA on the block called the Savour RTA which is designed by a UK YouTube Reviewer called Vaping V1ck in collaboration with 3CVape.

I just got mine today and decided to give you guys my initial impressions on this RTA. I still need to push it to its paces but for now, here are my thoughts as well as some pictures of this RTA :)

Savour RTA 4.jpg

The RTA comes packaged in this box along with a user manual, a spare glass, an allen key and a bag of spares which includes a 1mm airflow restrictor and some o-rings. Different from the other MTL RTA's, with the Savour you don't get airflow inserts (Like the Merlin Mini which comes with airflow inserts). On this RTA it seems that you will have to remove the post and insert the spare post which has a 1mm Airflow. By the default, the RTA has a 2.5mm airflow restrictor and you will need to change it if you want a tighter draw.

Savour RTA 2.jpg

Here are the specs of the Savour MTL:
Product Features:
  • 22mm Diameter
  • Threaded Top Fill
  • 2ml E-Juice Capacity
  • Dual Post Single Terminal Build Deck
  • 2mm Each Terminal
  • Top Mounted Allen Screws
  • Dual Wicking Ports
  • PEEK Insulated Positive Post
  • Adjustable Bottom Airslots
  • Different Airflow Restrictor sizes
  • 1mm is included in the spares bag (This is ideal for MTL)
  • The 2.5mm is installed by default (This is suited for a restricted DL)
  • Fully Adjustable airflow ring (3 settings)
  • 5mm bore 510 Drip Tip
  • Gold Plated 510 Pin

Savour RTA 3.jpg
This is the black version of the Savour MTL. It's more of a matte black finish which looks really nice if you plan to put it on a black mod. This RTA is also available in a Stainless Steel finish as well. The build quality of this RTA is good. I haven't experienced any difficulty tightening or removing any components.

The build I have in the Savour RTA is an 8 Wrap 24g Ni80 Flat wire around a 3mm ID.

The build deck is a 2 post styled deck which is very similar to the OBS Engine Nano deck. It's really easy and simple to build and wick this RTA. Wicking it is just like the OBS Engine Nano. This RTA opens up to 3 pieces, the top cap, build deck, and chimney section. I have to point out that the glass does not stick to the chimney so therefore, it can be a bit tricky to re-wick this RTA with juice in it. That said, this tank only has a 2ml capacity so this won't be such a huge problem.

If you wanted to change the airflow restrictor to the 1mm, you will need to unscrew the 1 post and replace it with the 1mm post in your spares bag. I will include a picture of the post with the airflow just now so you will understand what I mean.

Savour RTA 1.jpg

All closed up, this is how the RTA looks with the ultem glass.

savour rta.jpg

Performance:

My first build I tried was the one shown in the pictures above. An 8 Wrap 24g Ni80 Flatwire build. I initially thought that the default airflow restrictor was the only one so I continued with this 2.5mm restrictor. My first thought was that this is way too loose for an MTL vape so I looked at what's included with this RTA and I struggled to understand why they included the spare post. I looked at the box and the manual thinking I would find an answer but the manual and box had no specs or info about this RTA. The manual and box also didn't state the RTA's capacity or diameter which is definitely a con. I messaged @BigGuy and he confirmed that this was the MTL Restrictor in the box.

Flavor on the build in the pictures was not good at all. It was rather 'bland' and not as good as I had hoped. I wicked it differently thinking it was maybe the wicking but the wicking was fine so I asked @BigGuy about his build and he told me had a 2.5mm Alien coil in his so I i removed my build and tested it out with a 2.5mm Fused Clapton. This changed the whole vape experience and flavor started to come through much better. For this RTA I would recommend sticking to a 2.5mm. A 3mm does work but it isn't very pleasant. I had VM XXX in it with the 3mm Build and all I could get was the menthol without any litchi or sweetness. With the 2.5mm the vape was significantly better.

This RTA still needs a bit more playing with. I still need to test it out with the MTL restrictor. I wish I knew earlier so I could've tested it in MTL mode first.

It still early days but I will compare this RTA with my Merlin Mini and Merlin MTL (The latest one) and update my thoughts about how they both compare in flavor using the same build and juice.

Currently, The only guys in SA with this RTA in stock is @Sir Vape
https://www.sirvape.co.za/collections/new/products/savour-22mm-mtl-rta-by-3cvape-x-vaping-v1ck

@Rob Fisher If I understand correctly, the Dwarv and Skyline RTA bring out the litchi notes and the sweetness with the menthol in the background when using XXX. Using the build in this video above, I have to say I was getting more of the menthol and less of the litchi and sweetness. Using the 2.5mm Fused clapton, the flavor came through better. I would assume that with this RTA you will need to build according to juice you want to vape. The 3mm 24g build seems better suited for something desserty or bakery. The ideal build will most probably be a build that one would use in a Hadaly RDA (Something like what Coil Company includes in their Hadaly Kit).

Thanks @daniel craig! Yip I will start by putting a fused clapton 2.5mm into it... I may get my Stainless Steel/Ni80 claptons from @smilelykumeenit tomorrow as well and may try them along with Replay. Thanks for the advice... will try 3mm if I'm not happy with the first build.

Thanks @daniel craig! Yip I will start by putting a fused clapton 2.5mm into it... I may get my Stainless Steel/Ni80 claptons from @smilelykumeenit tomorrow as well and may try them along with Replay. Thanks for the advice... will try 3mm if I'm not happy with the first build.
If you do get a 2.5mm Alien, try that out first. @BigGuy Has one of those in his Savour.

Easy build, easy wicking, easy fill and so far pretty good flavour... nice restricted lung with airflow wide open. Works for me!
Savour 004.JPG Savour 005.JPG Savour 006.JPG Savour 007.JPG Savour 008.JPG Savour 009.JPG Savour 010.JPG Savour 011.JPG Savour 012.JPG

I have a 2.5mm 5 wrap alien in mine but I'm getting very little flavour.. any advice ?

Back