The Serpent Mini 22 and 25 Build Thread

I have a slightly irritating leak on my SM25. Not a flowing leak, more like a sweat. Not sure if its the airflow ring or the seam where base and chimney screws onto each other. Anybody had a simular problem and can help solve? Want to buy another SM25, but not if I cannot stop this.

I have a slightly irritating leak on my SM25. Not a flowing leak, more like a sweat. Not sure if its the airflow ring or the seam where base and chimney screws onto each other. Anybody had a simular problem and can help solve? Want to buy another SM25, but not if I cannot stop this.

As previously stated check all O-rings even if they seem fine , good wash also .... Mine did that and re-seated orings after a good warm bath and all was good.

Thanks @Daniel . Guess I missed your previous statement. I'll give it a go tonight.

Can someone please save me going through the whole thread and tell me why am I getting spit back on the SM25?

I bought one but I'm disappointed by the spit back I'm getting. I'm using the single deck with Alien wire (clapton'd flat ribbon tbh) 5 wrap contact coil.
If I fill the tank I get spit back and after a while the spit back goes away. But those hits till it goes are torture, such great flavour but I fear burning my tongue every time :(

Is it the coil? Wicking? I'm getting no leaks and the flavour is superb, when it's not spitting back.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Can someone please save me going through the whole thread and tell me why am I getting spit back on the SM25?

I bought one but I'm disappointed by the spit back I'm getting. I'm using the single deck with Alien wire (clapton'd flat ribbon tbh) 5 wrap contact coil.
If I fill the tank I get spit back and after a while the spit back goes away. But those hits till it goes are torture, such great flavour but I fear burning my tongue every time :(

Is it the coil? Wicking? I'm getting no leaks and the flavour is superb, when it's not spitting back.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
I am using the same wire as you and also 5 loops. I have found that if you space the coil slightly the spitback is definitely less. You don't need much spacing though. Also found that the spitback is sometimes worse when there is not enough wick.

I always get spitback on any atty when using any for of clapton or twisted wire. Try 24 awg Nichrome, 3.5mm ID and 7 - 8 wraps

No offense to any of you SM25 fanbois but I'm so glad I broke my last glass tank. Haven't been missing the SM one bit. No spit back, no adjusting of coils, no tilt the tank this way when filling, no try this ID and coil, no not enough wick, no leaks, no fuss......

No offense to any of you SM25 fanbois but I'm so glad I broke my last glass tank. Haven't been missing the SM one bit. No spit back, no adjusting of coils, no tilt the tank this way when filling, no try this ID and coil, no not enough wick, no leaks, no fuss......

I have none of those problems on my SM25....

I also have none of those @Daniel
I have had once or twice a dribble after refilling - but since I've been closing the airholes during filling, not getting that anymore.

I wouldn't say its absolutely 100% trouble free - but I would rate it right up there as far as easy going tanks go.

My Subtank Mini is probably the most trouble free - but the vape on that is nowhere near the same kind of vape - and more for stronger juices ;-)

What device are you using that is so perfect @Daniel?

You should know from personal experience oom Rob , The Reo plus Cyclone combo , or the RM2 ......

Guys I'm just ragging a bit the Serpent is a great tank and I will most likely try it again , I'm just at a stage in my life/vaping where I don't want to 'sukkel' , once that happens , that particular thing get's tossed in the 'stoute hoekie' :)

You should know from personal experience oom Rob , The Reo ......

Guys I'm just ragging a bit the Serpent is a great tank and I will most likely try it again , I'm just at a stage in my life/vaping where I don't want to 'sukkel' , once that happens , that particular thing get's tossed in the 'stoute hoekie' :)

Yip but the REO isn't perfect @Daniel... it is one amazing device but certainly not perfect... you still need experience to learn not to over or under squonk... you have to learn which coil works in which atty and how to wick it... it excels in MTL but I have not found a DL setup that works for me yet...

Just like the Serpent Mini 25 the REO needs love and attention to detail to get the best from it.

And Your Honour I rest my case! :D

PS but I know where you are coming from Daniel!

Yip but the REO isn't perfect @Daniel... it is one amazing device but certainly not perfect... you still need experience to learn not to over or under squonk... you have to learn which coil works in which atty and how to wick it... it excels in MTL but I have not found a DL setup that works for me yet...

Just like the Serpent Mini 25 the REO needs love and attention to detail to get the best from it.

And Your Honour I rest my case! :D

PS but I know where you are coming from Daniel!

100% Skipper , any new device needs to TLC and learning at the beginning.

I'll definitely give the SM25 a bash again but for now I'm almost on holiday and couldn't care for fiddling (most fiddling I want to do is to fiddle with the bottle opener to open my next beer ;) )

100% Skipper , any new device needs to TLC and learning at the beginning.

I'll definitely give the SM25 a bash again but for now I'm almost on holiday and couldn't care for fiddling (most fiddling I want to do is to fiddle with the bottle opener to open my next beer ;) )
Have you maybe considered that vaping is not for you, and you should rather sell me that lovely Astrid?:aplastao:

Have you maybe considered that vaping is not for you, and you should rather sell me that lovely Astrid?:aplastao:

haha sorry ma'am but Astrid is here to stay ...... besides Lagertha will skin me alive ....

Hiiii

Mr @Rob Fisher

A quickie please.

How does an SM25 sit on an Ohmsium?

I am loading my rifle... wanna pull the trigger 2morrow if your answer meets my approval.

Sent from my Serpent Minikin

So figured this would be the right place to ask.
Is the flavor on the 22 and the 25 minis the same? I'm looking at getting my dad a 22mm tank to fit his pico, and I figured its either a SM22 or an Ammit.

Suggestions?

So figured this would be the right place to ask.
Is the flavor on the 22 and the 25 minis the same? I'm looking at getting my dad a 22mm tank to fit his pico, and I figured its either a SM22 or an Ammit.

Suggestions?
Depends how much he vapes, juice capacity might be an issue if he has to refill every hour or so....depending how patient a man he is

If he likes more of a MTL maybe consider the Merlin Mini as well?

Depends how much he vapes, juice capacity might be an issue if he has to refill every hour or so....depending how patient a man he is

If he likes more of a MTL maybe consider the Merlin Mini as well?

Nah, he hits the molo3 mini like a champ(DL) I think the juice cap on the melo and SM22 is about the same?

Nah, he hits the molo3 mini like a champ(DL) I think the juice cap on the melo and SM22 is about the same?
Well then I'd say the SM22

Or get him a Pico Squeeze... Sorry had to throw it in there....

Good going for your toppie man that's great!

Back