The Useless but Interesting fact thread

Zenooph

I know some stuff
LV

Awards
For some bizarre reason my brain loves retaining useless general knowledge facts instead of relevant information. So in an attempt to open up some storage space so I can store some new information I am going to attempt to dump some of my useless, but interesting information here. If any of you wish to join me, please do so, we all might learn something new. Or challenge me by giving me a topic to see if I have any facts about it. I promise not to use Google and pull it out of my brain.

First fact.

There are about 1 million ants on earth for every human, which means that the total weight of all the ants on earth is almost equal to the total weight of the humans on earth.

PS. Feel free to call BS if you don't agree with my fact.

Gravity affects time - the stronger gravity is, the slower time goes.

Because of this fact, GPS satellites around the earth run at a slightly different speed (of time) than your GPS device and your GPS device has to compensate for this fact when calculating your position on earth :)

Bill Gates makes so much money each minute and his time is so valuable that if he were to drop a $100 bill on his way to a meeting, it would cost him more money to pick up the $100 than to just leave it.

Here's a bonus Bill Gates fact for you.

His house is controlled by 4 super computers and everything, from the lighting to the music is controlled by those 4 servers.

Morning related fact:
Roosters crow in order of rank. The alpha male has the honour of heralding the dawn, followed by the other roosters in descending rank

Sent from my mind

Lol @Zenooph
Loved your OP about the ants

Back