The Vape Den - No longer restocking TKO

Thank you @Pho3niX90 ,

just 2 things that stand out for me,Firstly is that this announcement was only made here and not on your FB page where Lourens and his team seems to be more active, where they can actually reply, so we only hear the one side unfortunately.

Secondly:

Did you receive any actual communication from TKO that this is in fact the case? and not just speculation or hear say? They have publicly anounced that they do not enforce a RRP on stores.

It would be sad to see you no longer stocking TKO, because you have very good pricing, and I'm all for good pricing on good juice :p.
You have made valid points.

Main reason I post here is that most of my clients are on ecigssa, and also where the business got the most exposure. You will noticed that my social media side is extremely quite, as this is where I fail, my creativity is not the best :)

The only communication I have received from TKO was from Rob advising me to adjust my pricing or they will no longer be able to stock me, he tried to negotiate however shortly after a post was made on IAVA Vendors group that they will no longer be supplying the vape den. I have attached the screenshot as received. I made the point that I am not the only vape shop selling at my current price, however it was said that the price is not allowed in Gauteng, but only other provinces.

I have not received a reason from Lourens as yet, but did send him the link to this thread to comment.

I have attached the screenshot I have received, this screenshot is how I found out about the situation.

When all is said and done. I hold no grudges or hard feelings. It is what it is.

Attachments

• IMG-20190228-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20190228-WA0010.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 129
You have made valid points.

Main reason I post here is that most of my clients are on ecigssa, and also where the business got the most exposure. You will noticed that my social media side is extremely quite, as this is where I fail, my creativity is not the best :)

The only communication I have received from TKO was from Rob advising me to adjust my pricing or they will no longer be able to stock me, he tried to negotiate however shortly after a post was made on IAVA Vendors group that they will no longer be supplying the vape den. I have attached the screenshot as received. I made the point that I am not the only vape shop selling at my current price, however it was said that the price is not allowed in Gauteng, but only other provinces.

I have not received a reason from Lourens as yet, but did send him the link to this thread to comment.

I have attached the screenshot I have received, this screenshot is how I found out about the situation.

When all is said and done. I hold no grudges or hard feelings. It is what it is.

Now that contradicts everything they said...

Now that contradicts everything they said...

I personally think there might be other reasons, but that is between them (Vape Den and TKO) not us. I can't see that its the pricing as then a lot more vendors would have come forward and maybe said something. I see plenty vendors on FB is now advertising for under R200

I personally think there might be other reasons, but that is between them (Vape Den and TKO) not us. I can't see that its the pricing as then a lot more vendors would have come forward and maybe said something. I see plenty vendors on FB is now advertising for under R200
In all honesty I truly feel that Shaun aka @Pho3niX90 would've mentioned that they will no longer be stocking TKO for whatever reason there if there was any. I don't think this dude is here to name and shame the brand, purely just responding to questions asked by us customers and the public so had there been another reason the man would've said for reasons he can't disclose or whatever it was, and he would've not looked for an excuse as to why they will no long be stocking this brand.

I'm sure TKO brings in a fair amount of cash to his business as it's quite popular, so I don't see why we can't just say OK things happened with pricing, trust the guy, let him carry on with his business and let TKO do the same. Whoever wishes to still purchase TKO elsewhere they can. He is just notifying his customer base which I have a lot of respect for.

In all honesty I truly feel that Shaun aka @Pho3niX90 would've mentioned that they will no longer be stocking TKO for whatever reason there if there was any. I don't think this dude is here to name and shame the brand, purely just responding to questions asked by us customers and the public so had there been another reason the man would've said for reasons he can't disclose or whatever it was, and he would've not looked for an excuse as to why they will no long be stocking this brand.

I'm sure TKO brings in a fair amount of cash to his business as it's quite popular, so I don't see why we can't just say OK things happened with pricing, trust the guy, let him carry on with his business and let TKO do the same. Whoever wishes to still purchase TKO elsewhere they can. He is just notifying his customer base which I have a lot of respect for.

Was just trying to look at both sides bud, you know all stories have 3 sides. I have no issues with or stock in either business, was an inquisitive question only asked with respect and not "attacking" in anyway (I even asked if i could play devil's advocate wich i only did after Shaun agreed.) and then the last post you quoted was my personal opinion of the matter, nothing more, nothing less. Wich i'm fully entitled to, and I cant seem to see how that was negative either.

I wish both parties all of the best going forward, as i've said to @Pho3niX90 in a PM earlier as well.

Was just trying to look at both sides bud, you know all stories have 3 sides. I have no issues with or stock in either business, was an inquisitive question only asked with respect and not "attacking" in anyway (I even asked if i could play devil's advocate wich i only did after Shaun agreed.) and then the last post you quoted was my personal opinion of the matter, nothing more, nothing less. Wich i'm fully entitled to, and I cant seem to see how that was negative either.

I wish both parties all of the best going forward, as i've said to @Pho3niX90 in a PM earlier as well.
No no bud I'm not attacking you either... Just stating my opinion on the matter. Non of us benefit from any hard feelings.

Vape on brother

@Dela Rey Steyn Who cares though, it is one brand in a vast ocean of top brands.

This announcement has turned sour.:-D
Definitely not sour bud, but very informative. And as SA consumers we need to care if there are brands that are trying to force vendors to keep to pricing by strong arming them. Such practices affect us all. So after asking my questions and getting good healthy feed back from the OP, I can now make an informed decision to whether or not I will continue supporting the brand or possibly informing them that I as consumer will not support their brand if they do not stop this practice. So all in all I believe it was a good conversation to have. Well, atleast for myself, as I do not personally know the OP, but did learn a lot about him today. ✌️

@Dela Rey Steyn Who cares though, it is one brand in a vast ocean of top brands.

This announcement has turned sour.:-D
Far from sour. It has been fairly constructive.
It has highlighted what may be a real and possible issue which will affect vapers at large, and may affect their future choices as well.

Last edited:
It is clear by the lack of response from TKO, they dont really give a crap. The sad truth is that this will lose them many customer going forward myself included. I dont care how great their juices are, trying to monopolies the vape industry is just bullsshht IMO. TVD keep on rocking and holding firm with trying to provide lower prices to vapers, I wish other shops can adopt this attitude. Though they are most likely also been force to sell their merchandise at exaggerated prices. Who knows, one day we might find more shops stocking international juices over local, which is sad cause we have some epic flavors from SA.

As per above, was in a local vape shop yesterday browsing for coils. Salesman tried selling me TKO coils but I won’t purchase any of their products until they explain themselves. They might have a valid or different reason to the one presented here, but until then “sorry for you”.

Edit: I know my boycott won’t even register the tiniest of blimps on their radar, but Vapers talk.

Last edited:
As per above, was in a local vape shop yesterday browsing for coils. Salesman tried selling me TKO coils but I won’t purchase any of their products until they explain themselves. They might have a valid or different reason to the one presented here, but until then “sorry for you”.

Edit: I know my boycott won’t even register the tiniest of blimps on their radar, but Vapers talk.
Same here. I love their bubblegum milkshake and I have been buying a bucketload of it, but now I'll just move on and mix the above recipe.

@Pho3niX90 - I know this is not what you wanted to achieve starting this post, but I feel that for me this is the right course of action to take due to their lack of response.

A supplier is not allowed to dictate a minimum RSP, only a maximum, as far as my understanding goes.

IMO these expensive juice suppliers must enjoy the income for the time being. One shots are taking over and there are cheaper juices like the VK Prime range which is phenomenal. I have already stopped buying these ridiculously priced juices and mainly use one shots, VK Prime and diy some great recipes.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Back