TheBadMadMan's DIY Adventures

I would immediately mix up more of the same mixes so that they're steeping while you're vaping this batch. You might not have enough bottles and that's a tricky one. You can either buy more now and then you end up with too many, or you can allow your bottle collection to grow over time as you convert old nic and concentrate and commercial juice bottles into mixing/testing bottles.

I have lots of bottles now, so many that if I had to mix in every one, I'd have about two years supply of juice. I once bought 30x10ml dropper bottles for testing, which was a waste because I have soooooo many old 10ml concentrate bottles now from using up flavours. Give them a looooong soak in salty hot water to remove residual aroma and they're fine for single-flavour testing. Also, even though I don't buy commercial juice, I somehow get a lot of it. Competitions, giveaways, vape meets, people sending me juice to test, etc. So, if you're patient, you can DIY without ever needing to buy bottles. Inevitably as a DIYer, you end up with tons of them.

Thanks for the tip on the salt mix!

I would immediately mix up more of the same mixes so that they're steeping while you're vaping this batch. You might not have enough bottles and that's a tricky one. You can either buy more now and then you end up with too many, or you can allow your bottle collection to grow over time as you convert old nic and concentrate and commercial juice bottles into mixing/testing bottles.

I have lots of bottles now, so many that if I had to mix in every one, I'd have about two years supply of juice. I once bought 30x10ml dropper bottles for testing, which was a waste because I have soooooo many old 10ml concentrate bottles now from using up flavours. Give them a looooong soak in salty hot water to remove residual aroma and they're fine for single-flavour testing. Also, even though I don't buy commercial juice, I somehow get a lot of it. Competitions, giveaways, vape meets, people sending me juice to test, etc. So, if you're patient, you can DIY without ever needing to buy bottles. Inevitably as a DIYer, you end up with tons of them.

This weekend I will be mixing more for sure.
I have access to loads of 50ML and 100ML glass bottles with rubber sealing caps.
I will be using these for long term steeping and storage purposes, I will then eventually transfer them to dripper bottles as I use them.

As we speak they are soaking in a solution and will be rinsed and dried this weekend.
Here's a picture of 10 X 50ML and 10 X 100ML bottles.
diy1.JPG

@
This weekend I will be mixing more for sure.
I have access to loads of 50ML and 100ML glass bottles with rubber sealing caps.
I will be using these for long term steeping and storage purposes, I will then eventually transfer them to dripper bottles as I use them.

As we speak they are soaking in a solution and will be rinsed and dried this weekend.
Here's a picture of 10 X 50ML and 10 X 100ML bottles.
View attachment 136918
@TheBadMadMan - a little late to this thread, but welcome to the wonderful world of DIY - you seem to be well on your way to mixing up a storm and I am sure you are going to enjoy every second of it.

Really digging your pics too:applaudit:

Nice one @TheBadMadMan!! Welcome to the rabbit hole!

A fantastic entrance into DIY - well thought out and balanced indeed. Now - I don't want to be "that guy" but I will agree with another comment about the Rodeo. Rodeo is a fantastic juice and well worth making BUT, like most baccos, is an 'acquired taste' and not for everyone. If you are a bacco fan, go for it and enjoy every puff. If you are not currently a bacco vaper, stay clear for now... I know seasoned vapers who cannot handle baccos - it took me 2 years before I 'learned' to appreciate and start mixing and enjoying tobacco recipes.

Good luck and shout if you need any advice - there are loads of good folk here who will be more than happy to guide you along this fantastic DIY journey!

So far, this is what I have mixed:
IMG_8892.jpg

Note: Excuse the terri-bad hand writing.

I varied the concentrate percentage on the Rodeo and on the King's Custard mixes. I also changed the VG/PG ratios and NIC content.

Additionally, I transfered my VG and PG to smaller, more usable 100ML bottes. Now I just topup these two bottles as required from the larger and more cumbersome 1L and 500ML bottles.
IMG_8897.jpg

Nice one @TheBadMadMan!! Welcome to the rabbit hole!

A fantastic entrance into DIY - well thought out and balanced indeed. Now - I don't want to be "that guy" but I will agree with another comment about the Rodeo. Rodeo is a fantastic juice and well worth making BUT, like most baccos, is an 'acquired taste' and not for everyone. If you are a bacco fan, go for it and enjoy every puff. If you are not currently a bacco vaper, stay clear for now... I know seasoned vapers who cannot handle baccos - it took me 2 years before I 'learned' to appreciate and start mixing and enjoying tobacco recipes.

Good luck and shout if you need any advice - there are loads of good folk here who will be more than happy to guide you along this fantastic DIY journey!

In reply to this, I agree. Most people look at me in a funny way when I tell them I like tobacco flavours. The first tobacco I tried was VM4 - it was a great vape.

I am finding that mixing Rodeo at the recommended percentage is a bit too much for me (atleast now in the early stages after mixing it with no real steeping time). However, I mixed a batch at 6% and I feel that this is my sweetspot. I am in no rush with Rodeo as I know over time it will reveal more of itself to me.

The reason I started off with my current line up of flavours is simple - they need much more time to steep than a fruity juice.
Fruity juices are next on my list of to-do mixes.

On that note, I am looking for a nice fruity berry OneShot concentrate. Any suggestions?

In reply to this, I agree. Most people look at me in a funny way when I tell them I like tobacco flavours. The first tobacco I tried was VM4 - it was a great vape.

I am finding that mixing Rodeo at the recommended percentage is a bit too much for me (atleast now in the early stages after mixing it with no real steeping time). However, I mixed a batch at 6% and I feel that this is my sweetspot. I am in no rush with Rodeo as I know over time it will reveal more of itself to me.

The reason I started off with my current line up of flavours is simple - they need much more time to steep than a fruity juice.

On that note, I am looking for a nice fruity berry OneShot concentrate. Any suggestions?
Wil. Tell you after the weekend, got the iced berry juicesteeping from the coffee mill, I also like chilled red berries fromAll Day Vapes @YeOldeOke that I find very pleasant.

Nice one!!

Other than the "normal" one shots, I STRONGLY recommend the One Shot range at AllDayVapes. @YeOldeOke hit it out the park with these stunners.
Forest Berry Yogurt Panna Cotta is a magnificent juice - I have it in my daily rotation on an almost permanent basis. It is under the ADV Premixed Concentrates section.

Nice one!!

Other than the "normal" one shots, I STRONGLY recommend the One Shot range at AllDayVapes. @YeOldeOke hit it out the park with these stunners.
Forest Berry Yogurt Panna Cotta is a magnificent juice - I have it in my daily rotation on an almost permanent basis. It is under the ADV Premixed Concentrates section.
You are not the first to suggest this, @Vino1718 gave me the same recommendation earlier today. I will most definitely give the Forest Berry Yogurt Panna Cotta a shot (pun intended :D).

Back