Time for an upgrade

VapeDude

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey guys and girls.

So I've only been vaping for close on two weeks but I think its time for an upgrade.

Im using a Vapros Spinner 2 battery with an Aspire Titan pro tank.

Problem im having is that I like to vape it set to max (4.8v) and the battery doesn't last too long (I chain vape at night), and im also just looking to take it to the next level.

What would you guys recommend?

2685c9b1fb7d57b650e438beee0c0fa5.jpg

If you want to upgrade that quick, like I did lol, then I'd recommend spending R850 of that money on an istick 50W. Currently that seems to be the best price at Thepuffstation.co.za, but the average is around R900. I will never buy another rta, strictly drippers from here on out, so I can't really advise on that part.

I agree with Viper. The iStick is a good no frills no fuss device with good battery life & is a good size. It also packs sufficient power for most tanks & drippers.
A good tank which will give you the best of both worlds would be the Subtank Mini or Subtank Plus. You can use commercial coils & you have the RBA base should you wish to explore coil building.

Thanks for the replies so far. Im looking for both taste and vape. I have nice flavours like beard co, but I get the sense im not getting the full experience from my hits. I taste the flavour slightly but its not bursting with flavour.

On a side note what voltage should i be smoking on? I have the 1.8 ohm bvc coils and am on 4.8v, is that ok?

Thanks for the replies so far. Im looking for both taste and vape. I have nice flavours like beard co, but I get the sense im not getting the full experience from my hits. I taste the flavour slightly but its not bursting with flavour.

On a side note what voltage should i be smoking on? I have the 1.8 ohm bvc coils and am on 4.8v, is that ok?

BVC coils? On the 1453? Or do you have another device? I ran my BVC coils in the Nauti mini at 4.6V max, but that was my taste.

Seems to me your first requirement is better battery life. Your Spinner is around 1700 mAh. The iStick 50W is 4400 mAh. Clearly a win in that regard. It also gives you lots of power, which is your second requirement. So, yes, I think the iStick 50W is a good recommendation by the members above.
More difficult is the atomizer. The Subtank Mini might be good as you have a choice between 0.5 ohm and 1.2 ohm commercial coils. And a RBA base to later build your own coils on. Most peeps, however, say that the Subtank Mini is more for direct to lung hits, which I do not know if you want. Cannot, for the life of me now think of another commercial tank that can take high power and is also suitable for mouth to lung hits. Maybe someone will help out.

I would say i do lung hits... I started doing mouth to lung but have been doing direct lung for a couple days

Istick Yeah nice set up, good priced device for an upgrade, been testing on a kanger kbox, very soiled mod it does not have much features said to say and of cause changeable 18650 batteries no usb passthrough but really built proof for me , in a way i prefer mods with changeable batteries as i can always have a back up on charge as im not always at a power source and for the price its great, im currently using Cloupor mini, kbox and vapor flask
concerning tanks cant go wrong with subtank nano and mini by kangertech also the Artic, atlantis,oh and the lemo2, any organic cotton coil for that better taste

Good upgrades i would suggest with a budget would be,

Mods
Istick 30w or 50w
Kangertech Kbox 40w
Cloupor mini 30w
Mvp 3.0

Tanks
Subtank mini or nano
Artic
Atlantis
lemo2

There have been some issues with the iStick 50W devices. I'm not sure how widespread it is exactly, but it's something to be aware of.

For around the same price I'd rather recommend the Smok M80. Same battery life, but more power - and even some quassi temp control if you want it ;)

Or if you want an even better deal, wait a few days and get an IPV4. This one uses 2x18650 batteries (not included) which allows you to swap out (so you'll need 4x batteries) when you are away from a charger for a long time. Slightly higher cost, but you also get 100W power and full temp control :rock:

On RTAs the SubTank Mini is the one to beat. Definitely the best all round device out there right now.

subtank mini ftw

You can play around with building coils or buy the occ which last forever, great for lung hitter. The tank capacity is good as well gonna keep you going for a while. R450

I have an istick 30w its a relatively stealthy device but you have the vission spinner to use in the care or in social settings where others dont vape. The istick 50w is a great device but if you not planning to upgrade for the rest of the year I would consider getting a temp sensing mod. It will be out of your budget tho around R1500 and R200 for a battery I think. You probably wont use the temp control properly until about a month or two later.

That aspire tank is amazing I would keep that as a back up I regret selling mine.

my order of buy was ego and aspire tank like yours 2 days later.
istick 30w and aspire nautilis
sold the ego and tank
got a subtank mini 2 weeks later
got an mvp 2.0 vission spinner 2 and a protank mini and arotank 2weeks
sold the mvp and aerotank
got a lemo 2 tank 2 weeks ago.

Now I want a temp control mod.

idk its been 2 months.
So far I would keep my
Subtank mini, and Istick

The nautilus mini is a great vape for mouth to lung, but the coils burn out quickly.

undecided about the lemo 2

The rest was okay

For that price id go with a subtank mini and istick or smok m80. You will have some spare change for another tank and ill recommend the delta 2 with rba base. Two reasons i recommend the subtank and delta 2 is that you dont have drain the tank to rebuild/replace the coil. And 2 filling them does not require extra tools such as a screwdriver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I've done a bit of reading up and I've come across quite a few posts about guys saying their iStick 50Ws and 30Ws catching on fire while charging ! Its not like 1 or 2 posts either...

There are also allot of people who are happy with theirs though, but I think I'm gna go for the SMOK 80

So I've done a bit of reading up and I've come across quite a few posts about guys saying their iStick 50Ws and 30Ws catching on fire while charging ! Its not like 1 or 2 posts either...

There are also allot of people who are happy with theirs though, but I think I'm gna go for the SMOK 80
The m80 is a great device! Good choice! Perhaps think about getting the Atlantis 2 aswell. :)

I've never heard read that. What amps are these guys charging at? sheesh is my vape safe?

Smok m80 is great choice.

Agree with @free3dom smok m80 ... nice lil powerhouse with nice battery life ... working wonders with my atlantis 2 :party:

Currently my daily vape at work devices are:
iStick 30w with MELO tank
iStick 50w with Kanger Subtank
So far no complaints, no charging issues, and both last quite a while per charge.
At home its the Segelei 150w with Goliath tank on it, which is my best setup to date, but damn its a Thirsty tank!

The SubTank Mini on the iStick 50W is a winner. I've heard a few stories of people having issues with the M50 and M65 Smok devices, so far most folks seem happy with their M80s, Smok just doesn't appeal to me personally, still have a sourness towards the brand since my issues with the Guardian II.

IMO, the SubTank Mini is probably one of the best all-round tank systems currently available. It caters for everyone from n00bs to advanced coil builders, the airflow is awesome wide open but can be set pretty tight for lower power mouth to lung style vaping. And if you need a tighter draw than the standard airflow options offer then you can use the older Kanger Dual Coils :)

11225708_10206577377734680_1378938741_n.jpg

I've seen one or two post about auto-fire issues on the 50W, more of a "keep firing" than an auto-fire issue. Not seen anything about stuff catching fire. Mine has continued to fire after releasing the button maybe twice in the few months I've had it. Not been an issue at all. Keep in mind that the Li-ion battery is mostly said to be safer than the Li-polymer batteries in the M80.

Back