Trident Rda

Hein510

Creator of Ohm1 Eliquid range
LV

Awards
Ok so yesterday I got the Trident from@CVS and I'm not really gonna review it as this is my first dripper and to review you have to have used a couple of drippers so you know what small differences there are in the devices.

Instead I'll put it against the Protank 2 (bottom coil) and the Twisp (Custom Top coil)

At first it was a little of a ***** to setup, but its my first dripper and everything is so tiny and I do have viennas as fingers, but in one day I've setup 2 different coils! So its something you learn really quick!

Now I dont have Kanthal as of yet but do have some pre-welded wires and a word on pre-welds, dont use them! Rather get Kanthal lenghts, the welds break off if you work a little to rough and wrapping with it you have to let go with almost every wrap to make sure the welds dont twist!

But I got it set up and boy oh boy! Felt like a fat kid that dicovered cake when that coil burnt red hot from the middle out!

Now I'm using LekkaVapors Strapple Mint 12mg

1. Twisp with a 2.2Ohms topcoil running on a Twist VV battery on 3.8V
Flavours are a bit muted and the drag is solid, vapour production is fair and the initial drag is warm and juicy. Got a somewhat of a throat hit (TH).

2.Protank 2 with a 2.2Ohms bottom coil with the VV battery on 3.8V
Drag is very airy so it has to be a straight to lung drag, firstly its nice and cool and the flavour really comes out, about 5-6 seconds into the drag it gets a little warmer and the TH is there! nice hit not to much. Vapour production is decent.
4.3V the drag is a little warmer at first and the TH is a little heavier but not much. flavour start to really come out and the strawberry taste stays on your lips. Some good vapour production.
4.8V cant drag to long as it will make your throat burn so short lung hits on this voltage, flavour is almost the same as 4.3V but more vapor!

3.Trident RDA on VV battery
First coil was a 2.2Ohms coil wrapped round a 1mm drill bit, think I got like 4 wraps (pre-welded 2.2Ohms wire) and stuck some sillica wick through there and wrapped it round the posts and over it so when you drip you drip right onto it. DAMN did that thing vape! I coughed like a dope-kop so its something to get used to, I think lower NIC juice will work better on it as the troat hit was major!!! DAMN did that flavours come out! you can run this sucker up to full blast 4.8V as long as you keep it wet! Vapor production is crazy and I had to look past it to see the tv as its just so thick!

Second coil is a Nano Dragon coil also at 2.2Ohms, coulnt get a lot of wraps but got maybe 6 wraps in there as these pre-welds are very limited, now for this you need some organic cotton as you really need to get it round the coil and close that sucker up, No cotton inside the coil , tried sillica but its not shape-able, check RIP Trippers vid on this one, this coil really gives you a hot vape like a top coil being chain vaped for an hour! Flavour is pretty much the same as the normal coil but it stays longer in and on your mouth. Vapour production I think almost doubled on 4.8V to the normal coil as the coil shoots vapor straight up to the drip tip!

Now the Trident is not something to carry round with you, more of a home device, sitting infront of the tv, take a couple of drags and then drip a couple of drops and take a couple of drags etc. also make sure not to put to many drops in as it leaks out the air hole place right next to your coil. So 4 maybe 5 drops at a time depending on how much cotton you have inside.

Airflow adjustment is tight and you can put some juice on the O-rings to lube it but it stays a little tight still, best bet is get the airflow right and keep it there.

Drip tip on this thing is awesome allthough the O-ring starts to wear quite quick as its a tight fit. also using this tip on the PT2 and its NICE!!!

Really loving this Trident and cant wait to get me a mech mod so I can go double coil on this mother.

For the road I'll still use my PT2 or the Twisp for stealth vaping but.....

I'M RUNNING HOME TO GET TO THAT TRIDENT!!!

Great @Hein510 - keep on coiling - if you submit pics of your coils the vape tastes better!

Congrats bru! many many happy vape sessions ahead.

Would you recommend the trident to someone who has never built a coil in his life and well although very keen to tinker has 2 left thumbs?

Yeah sure, just make sure you got enough Kanthal cause at first you mess a couple of coils up and throw them away. but works nice, have posts the coil tails goes into so no wrapping your coil round a screw and try to tighten it while holding it under it. Wanted to get the Igo-L but it got those screws you have to wrap it around.

Oh and get yourself some nice small screw drivers, a flat tweezer and watch RIP Trippers non-stop!

Thanks man, been watching RIP for a while now am very keen on coiling. Just need to get a precision set of screwdrivers, a pair of sharp nose tweezers, a blow torch, some kanthal, some cotton wool and most importantly an RBA.

...Airflow adjustment is tight and you can put some juice on the O-rings to lube it but it stays a little tight still, best bet is get the airflow right and keep it there.....

you could remove one of the o rings that if its too tight

Thanks man, been watching RIP for a while now am very keen on coiling. Just need to get a precision set of screwdrivers, a pair of sharp nose tweezers, a blow torch, some kanthal, some cotton wool and most importantly an RBA.

Any round thing, even piece of coat hanger works to form a coil, disposable lighter works just as well as blow torch.

There is a builders on my way home, should give them a try

Any round thing, even piece of coat hanger works to form a coil, disposable lighter works just as well as blow torch.
I got some resistance wire from Yebo Electronics, but they cant tell me anything about it except that it 62 Ohms per meter, which roughly works out to 3Ohms per 5cm, do you need to vape with Kanthal or Nichrome or can you vape anything that glows? This wire is very very very thin, did a triple twist and its about as thick as 32g kanthal, wrapped about 12 wraps on a needle (going nano coil again) popped it in the Trident and BAM!!! It works beautifully!!!! But to scared to vape it!

I really don't know, maybe try a puff (don't inhale) and if you taste anything like oxidized metal or funny taste discard - we don't want to loose a vaper!

If you are not an expert in this field, rather go the safe route and get some Kanthal or NiChrome imho.

Isn't there somebody in Bellville that stock Kanthal, or maybe someone close to you that can help out?

@Oupa is in the NS but not sure if he trades from his home. You gonna need to PM him and check.

Belated congrats on your Trident review @Hein510
I could pick up the excitement from the way you wrote - really great to read
I take it you have advanced quite a way from that first coiling of the Trident
And did you manage to get Kanthal?

All the best and have a great vaping weekend

Back