Twisp Chronicle

Mic Lazzari

Ex-Product Design @Twisp
LV

Awards
Hey Guys,

Wow it's been a BUSY 2 weeks. We recently got back from China and a series of Product Design and Development meetings with our partners coupled with a trip to the Osaka Vape Expo (which was interesting, considering sale or purchase of nicotine liquids is banned). I thought I would share some pictures to shed light on the kinds of things we get up to and a link to a video for those that would like to see what we saw at the show.

One thing that should stand out is how clear the air at the show was ... very few vapers, which makes sense considering they only had zero nic ... :-D. The market is also completely focussed on Heat not Burn and Iqos. But closed pod systems are gaining huge favour there too. Check out our Vape Show Video ....

IMG_9961.JPG
Vape Expo - Japan

IMG_9621.JPG
Tooling Inspections

IMG_9643 2.jpg
Chinese Design Meeting Diet - KFC!

IMG_0258.JPG
Design Meeting

IMG_0396.JPG
Design Meeting

Awesome! Thanks for sharing @Mic Lazzari !

Really interesting to hear they don't allow nic juice.

Two off-topic mentions here...

1. I love that there is a ladies in a Sex Pistols overcoat in that one shot.
2. If KFC looked that good here in South Africa I would probably still be eating it!

Yeah, the KFC there rocks, is much nicer than here ... interesting point, the one that owns Alibaba owns a majority share in KFC China, and they are everywhere.

So in Japan, they have to organize to get nic juice through online stores, grey markets and shady and under counter deals :) Or vape zero. Which is why Iqos has been so huge there. Yuck. I think they have 30% of the market.

Yeah, the KFC there rocks, is much nicer than here ... interesting point, the one that owns Alibaba owns a majority share in KFC China, and they are everywhere.

So in Japan, they have to organize to get nic juice through online stores, grey markets and shady and under counter deals :) Or vape zero. Which is why Iqos has been so huge there. Yuck. I think they have 30% of the market.
Whenever I send one of my guys to buy me juice they come back and hand me a little bottle, and I give them cash. It's usually done in a carpark too, so it already feels shady!

I've never tried an Iqos... But that sounds ridiculously unsatisfying!

Lovely @Mic Lazzari
Thanks for sharing
Always so interesting to see these sorts of posts and pics

Back