Twisp Trifle Pudding

Hooked

Vapin' up a Storm
LV

Awards
Hi @HPBotha,

I would just like to bring some things to your attention.

I have a Twisp juice in one hand; a Twisp device (Mini Vega) in the other, yet apparently I may not use this Twisp juice in my Twisp mod. This I just happened to find out when took my Mini Vega to a kiosk for upgrading and to buy an Arcus tank. By then, I had already purchased the juice online through a vape shop (along with other items, otherwise I would have gone to a Twisp kiosk).

Below is a screenshot of the vendor's site.

Twisp Trifle Pudding - vendor's pic.PNG

I know now that the Orange range is 70/30 VG/PG (and for those who might reading this, the Mini Vega should not use above 60/40), but I didn't know that when I purchased the juice. Yes, the box clearly states ORANGE by Twisp, but how could I know that ORANGE is a Twisp device? I thought that ORANGE is simply the name of a range of juice.

On the bottle it states "Specifically designed for use in ORANGE by Twisp devices". Firstly, one doesn't see that when buying online. Secondly, the fact that it is "specifically designed" for the ORANGE device, suggests that it would be best in that device, but it doesn't mean that it may not be used in another Twisp device.

Apparently, had I bought this juice from a Twisp outlet, I would have been asked with which device I intended using it and I would have been told that it is not suitable for use in the Mini Vega. However, purchasing it online, whether from Twisp directly or from another vendor, doesn't give that option.

I feel that it should be stated clearly, on the box and in the blurb, with which device the Orange range may be used. I've wasted my money on this juice, because I bought it specifically for the Mini Vega.

Changing the topic slightly:
There is a salesman called David at the Twisp kiosk in Bayside Mall and I would just like to say that it's such a pleasure dealing with him. He's knowledgeable, professional and most helpful. I would appreciate it if you could forward this to whoever it may concern.

Hello hooked! Thanks for reaching out with your experiences and taking the time to explain it all. I hear what you are saying, I will pass this on to our sales and marketing team.

Hooked, which coil are you using in the Vega? If it’s the 0,5 ohm STL then the juice might work well for you. OBT or Orange by Twisp was supposed to brand all our new products and juices in the High Power category. It is supposed to make it easier for customers to identify with the new and different style of vaping. But I get how it is a little confusing. In any event, Vega does do STL And if you want I can get HB to test it for you before you crack open the flavour (if you have already, give it a try on the 0,5 ohm Vega coil.)

It won’t work on the Arcus. But arcus is another story! A gem of an MTL tank. Hope you enjoy it!

M!c

Hello hooked! Thanks for reaching out with your experiences and taking the time to explain it all. I hear what you are saying, I will pass this on to our sales and marketing team.

Hooked, which coil are you using in the Vega? If it’s the 0,5 ohm STL then the juice might work well for you. OBT or Orange by Twisp was supposed to brand all our new products and juices in the High Power category. It is supposed to make it easier for customers to identify with the new and different style of vaping. But I get how it is a little confusing. In any event, Vega does do STL And if you want I can get HB to test it for you before you crack open the flavour (if you have already, give it a try on the 0,5 ohm Vega coil.)

It won’t work on the Arcus. But arcus is another story! A gem of an MTL tank. Hope you enjoy it!

M!c

Hi @Mic Lazzari Thanks for replying so quickly. I have two Vegas, one with the old tank and 0.5 coil and one with the Arcus. I'll try Trifle Pudding in the old tank and let you know. I didn't before, as I didn't want to muck up the coil. I tried Trifle in the iJust 3 and Pico but it wasn't good in either of them - very strange flavour. I'm sure that's not what it's supposed to be like!

I'm not crazy about the Arcus, sorry to say. I prefer the old tank on the Mini Vega. To me it looks better and it gives better flavour. The only plus point about the Arcus is that it's not sub-ohm and can therefore be used for high nic. By the way, I tried Element nic salts, which I love, in both the Arcus and the old tank and it was awful!

I have two Arcus tanks and I'm going to sell one. I'll keep the other just in case I change my mind in the future.

Hi Hooked, that’s interesting to hear. If we ever bump into one another we can chat about it more. It is difficult to make recommendations without really knowing a persons likes. The trick is finding that balance between airflow, nic and flavour. For myself I have just gravitated up the range as I designed it. Looser airflow, with lower nic and more flavour with mouth feel. So cumulus is king for me. But we keep our MTL users are dear to us obviously, so we will never forget about them. New things always coming You aren’t a Cue user are you? Can’t remember?

I sometimes make this analogy, MTL is like a Cherry Liqeur chocolate. The chocolate and cherry is the flavour and the alcohol is the nicotine level. STL on the other hand is like a Black Forest chocolate cake, same flavour but laced with less alcohol. The experience eating them is different. One is more intense the other has more mouthfeel and texture and you can eat more of it. You might even get the same amount of alcohol in the end. But it’s different, and sometimes you feel like the other? Right ... who’s hungry?

I sometimes make this analogy, MTL is like a Cherry Liqeur chocolate. The chocolate and cherry is the flavour and the alcohol is the nicotine level. STL on the other hand is like a Black Forest chocolate cake, same flavour but laced with less alcohol. The experience eating them is different. One is more intense the other has more mouthfeel and texture and you can eat more of it. You might even get the same amount of alcohol in the end. But it’s different, and sometimes you feel like the other? Right ... who’s hungry?

Lovely analogy @Mic Lazzari !

MTL and direct lung (STL as you refer to it) both have a place !

We have noticed 2 large trends: vapers coming back to MTL devices, and vaping STL at lower power (40-60W) but more flavour. Would love to hear what your current favorite device combo is?
Stay well ‘n Vape on.

We have noticed 2 large trends: vapers coming back to MTL devices, and vaping STL at lower power (40-60W) but more flavour. Would love to hear what your current favorite device combo is?
Stay well ‘n Vape on.

I like my MTL in the mornings and when out and about and need to be discreet
Favourite for these are Reo/RM2 and the little Evod1/istick20
Always around 18mg and about 50/50 PG/VG for MTL.

Rest of the day i like restricted lung, lowish power
Favourite setups are Lemo1/Sig100+, Skyline/Hotcig150, Subtank Mini /istick50, Reo/OL16, Reo/Nuppin
9-12mg mostly

I seldom go very open airflow and higher power. Do that occasionally for fun on the Goon and PetriRDA

Hi Hooked, that’s interesting to hear. If we ever bump into one another we can chat about it more. It is difficult to make recommendations without really knowing a persons likes. The trick is finding that balance between airflow, nic and flavour. For myself I have just gravitated up the range as I designed it. Looser airflow, with lower nic and more flavour with mouth feel. So cumulus is king for me. But we keep our MTL users are dear to us obviously, so we will never forget about them. New things always coming You aren’t a Cue user are you? Can’t remember?

@Mic Lazzari No, I've never used the Cue.

I must admit this whole DL/MTL thing confuses me.

Is the old Mini Vega tank DL or MTL?
Is the Arcus DL or MTL?

Stay well ‘n Vape on.

@Mic Lazzari My current favourite is the iJust 3 with the Kanthal mesh and multihole coils. The flavour from this mod is so SUPERB that I've bought three of them: one for coffee juice, one for fruit and one for bakery/dessert. It's not a regulated mod so I couldn't say what wattage I'm vaping at. The specs say up to 80W.

For high nic juice, either nic salts or ordinary juice between 12mg - 18mg, I like the Nautilus Mini.

Stay well ‘n Vape on.
Speaking for myself there definitely has been an ongoing evolution in my vape styles and preferences. Where as initially the primary goal was to satisfy a craving for nicotine, two and a half years later, having reduced my nic dependency considerably, flavor has become the primary objective. Nic, although still a requirement ( at about <20% the original level ) hardly still features on my list of priorities.

In between lay a path that started with high nic MTL setups which progressed to lower nic STL setups. The latter allowing for larger doses of lower nic more often. A necessary phase as this was the way I could lower nic content and just vape for longer to satisfy the craving. Thereby actually taming the dragon. Whenever I reduced the nic level I noticed an increase in juice consumption which reduced over time. Actually started using this pattern as an indication of when it was safe to reduce again. (DIY juice BTW)

Becoming less obsessed with nic delivery my focus changed to attaining a more tasty experience. In addition also seeking different setups for different situations. As you mentioned, there are times one wants to take big gulps of black forest cake and there are times you wan to take small lingering sips of a special reserve brandy. Neither are in fact motivated by the need for alcohol, they are acts of appreciation of flavor.

So, STL/DL setups to meet my need for gluttony are plentifully available. My weapon of choice being a mechanical squonker with a Recurve BF RDA. By the way, never really touched a mech or RDA before January this year, was an avid prophet of the RTA for all of my DL years. Even the RTA years went from dual to single coil setups as priorities shifted from as much vapor as possible to better flavor.

MTL setups are a bit more tricky. Looks like MTL devices are way more specific than their high airflow equivalent. The McFly BF RDA is an awesome atty for tobaccos, OL16 great for fruity menthol's but seems there is no one setup catering for all flavor profiles. Still seeking something that will work with bakery, plain fruit and deserts.

In short, one starts vaping MTL to simulate (and get rid of) the cigarette experience, anything will do as long as it delivers on nic. Then we find out vaping is way better and start explore its many pleasures wanting ever bigger clouds and flavor. Then the desire for even better flavor takes over and clouding up rooms and cars becomes less desirable, MTL being the obvious route to achieve the latter comes into scope again. Only this time the demand to deliver on flavor is key and not just any atty will do.

Sorry this is not well written, just dumping my thoughts as they come up. Hope this does contribute in some way however.

Regards

Is the Arcus DL or MTL?

Come to the next cape town vape show and look us up at the Twisp stand, it would be great to chat more about it. I was about to say that maybe you are not the typical Arcus tank user? ... but then you threw me with your Nautilus Mini comment .... LOL. Check you later.

Is the Arcus DL or MTL?

Vega Tank can be both, depending which Coil Head you are using. (0.5Ω is DL or STL .... direct lung)
Arcus is VERY MTL, restricted mouth to lung.

Speaking for myself there definitely has been an ongoing evolution in my vape styles and preferences. Where as initially the primary goal was to satisfy a craving for nicotine, two and a half years later, having reduced my nic dependency considerably, flavor has become the primary objective. Nic, although still a requirement ( at about <20% the original level ) hardly still features on my list of priorities.

In between lay a path that started with high nic MTL setups which progressed to lower nic STL setups. The latter allowing for larger doses of lower nic more often. A necessary phase as this was the way I could lower nic content and just vape for longer to satisfy the craving. Thereby actually taming the dragon. Whenever I reduced the nic level I noticed an increase in juice consumption which reduced over time. Actually started using this pattern as an indication of when it was safe to reduce again. (DIY juice BTW)

Becoming less obsessed with nic delivery my focus changed to attaining a more tasty experience. In addition also seeking different setups for different situations. As you mentioned, there are times one wants to take big gulps of black forest cake and there are times you wan to take small lingering sips of a special reserve brandy. Neither are in fact motivated by the need for alcohol, they are acts of appreciation of flavor.

So, STL/DL setups to meet my need for gluttony are plentifully available. My weapon of choice being a mechanical squonker with a Recurve BF RDA. By the way, never really touched a mech or RDA before January this year, was an avid prophet of the RTA for all of my DL years. Even the RTA years went from dual to single coil setups as priorities shifted from as much vapor as possible to better flavor.

MTL setups are a bit more tricky. Looks like MTL devices are way more specific than their high airflow equivalent. The McFly BF RDA is an awesome atty for tobaccos, OL16 great for fruity menthol's but seems there is no one setup catering for all flavor profiles. Still seeking something that will work with bakery, plain fruit and deserts.

In short, one starts vaping MTL to simulate (and get rid of) the cigarette experience, anything will do as long as it delivers on nic. Then we find out vaping is way better and start explore its many pleasures wanting ever bigger clouds and flavor. Then the desire for even better flavor takes over and clouding up rooms and cars becomes less desirable, MTL being the obvious route to achieve the latter comes into scope again. Only this time the demand to deliver on flavor is key and not just any atty will do.

Sorry this is not well written, just dumping my thoughts as they come up. Hope this does contribute in some way however.

Regards

Excellent post and so well explained @Raindance "

Vega Tank can be both, depending which Coil Head you are using. (0.5Ω is DL or STL .... direct lung)
Arcus is VERY MTL, restricted mouth to lung.

Ah now that's very interesting! I've always thought I might be a closet DL/STL!

Regards

Oh, but it is very well-written @Raindance!

Back