• Clapton

• Twisted

• Additional - Please post your response

Results are only viewable after voting.

Switchy

New Vaper
LV

Awards
I have been making coils over the past couple of weeks, and I can't really decide between the above.

On the clapton coils the flavour is great, but for some reason it seems like the amount of vapour produced is less.

Now that I have been "perfecting" my twisted coils, it seems like there are a lot more clouds, but the flavour seems a bit dulled...

What are your preferences for flavour chasing?

I have been making coils over the past couple of weeks, and I can't really decide between the above.

On the clapton coils the flavour is great, but for some reason it seems like the amount of vapour produced is less.

Now that I have been "perfecting" my twisted coils, it seems like there are a lot more clouds, but the flavour seems a bit dulled...

What are your preferences for flavour chasing?

Definitely Claptons!
Claptons also allows me to vape at higher wattages which equates to decent clouds.

Flavour chasing I go for Clapton's, namely Fused Claptons. If your not that good at coiling then you can even buy 10 pre-coiled Fused Claptons for R80 at vaperite.co.za
I'm no coil building expert but I'm sure what they selling as Alien Claptons are actually Fused Claptons.

Flavour chasing I go for Clapton's, namely Fused Claptons. If your not that good at coiling then you can even buy 10 pre-coiled Fused Claptons for R80 at vaperite.co.za
I'm no coil building expert but I'm sure what they selling as Alien Claptons are actually Fused Claptons.
Most of them are like that. So far I only know of Geekvape selling the proper alien with the wavy design.

I've never tried an alien coil, but over claptons, and fused, I prefer twisted wires, easier to make and in my mouth's opinion just as good, you can use different gauges together to get an alternating surface area.

I'm quite handy when it comes to making coils, as long as I can watch a video on youtube of someone making it.

Then I try and copy until I get it right.

My problem with fused clapton is the time it takes to heat up. But then again, I built them using 24g for the 2 inner strands, and wrapped it with 28g....

What wire gauge should I use instead?

Happy to try anything, and really appreciating the input gents!

I'm quite handy when it comes to making coils, as long as I can watch a video on youtube of someone making it.

Then I try and copy until I get it right.

My problem with fused clapton is the time it takes to heat up. But then again, I built them using 24g for the 2 inner strands, and wrapped it with 28g....

What wire gauge should I use instead?

Happy to try anything, and really appreciating the input gents!

Try 26 ga core and 32 outside, I usually use 120 watts to warm it up and then vape on 90 watts on 0.2 ohm resistence.

Most of them are like that. So far I only know of Geekvape selling the proper alien with the wavy design.

I don't think some companies that make the wire know the difference. What's being sold as Aliens are actually 2 parall'd wires clapton'd - that's Fused where I'm from.
@daniel craig have you got a link where I can buy some Geekvape Aliens locally?

R100 for 2 Alien Coils premade OMH!

R100 for 2 Alien Coils premade OMH!
I saw a video somewhere where they opened up those geekvape coils to see how clean the wires were and they were quite dirty. So i'd suggest at least cleaning them with vodka/alcohol before you vape them. I guess there is a very good reason why gasphase aliens are R240 - R270 for 2

Edit: I think the vid was by Daniel from DJLSBvapes but I may be mistaken

Mmmmm looks like I need to try twist some Kanthal and give this thing ago.
I got no excuse not to, I mean I probably have enough Kanthal to rewire every toaster within 100KM radius from my house.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm a huge fan of clapton coils.

Alien wire is essentially a fused clapton with 3(usually) or two cores. Alien wire is my go to build, this coil wicks juice really well and this is why the flavour is so good (imo), I have feeling the reason Aliens with two cores are sold is because it is just easier to make.

Have a look at twisted messes review on Alien wire and you can see what this coil does

Back