Ultrasonic cleaner

Grand Guru

The Vape Guru
LV

Awards
I’m considering to get myself an ultrasonic cleaner and would appreciate some advice from our experienced members. Is it worth it? If yes, what specs should I look for? If no, how do you guys clean your gear effectively?
What I’m doing at the moment is to unmount my atties, give them a nice wash with sunlight under the tap then let them soak in boiling water with a some vinegar to neutralize old juice smells and taste. I must say that it’s working most of the time with a little bit less success for the squonk bottles that tend to keep smell/taste of old juices.

Your inputs will be highly appreciated !

Havent had one myself. But i did hear that it damages any plastic parts such as o rings. I think @Rob Fisher commented about it
So it might damage the bottles as well. I personally only use warm water and sunlight

Yip I have one and no longer use it because the O-Rings get damaged and some aluminium parts get marks... I have kept it in case I need some really in depth cleaning and I would remove all rubber parts... but honestly it's not worth it... Sunlight dishwashing liquid and hot water does the trick!

I’m considering to get myself an ultrasonic cleaner and would appreciate some advice from our experienced members. Is it worth it? If yes, what specs should I look for? If no, how do you guys clean your gear effectively?
What I’m doing at the moment is to unmount my atties, give them a nice wash with sunlight under the tap then let them soak in boiling water with a some vinegar to neutralize old juice smells and taste. I must say that it’s working most of the time with a little bit less success for the squonk bottles that tend to keep smell/taste of old juices.

I found soaking squonk bottles over night in some vodka got rid of old juice smells

I found soaking squonk bottles over night in some vodka got rid of old juice smells

Lemon juice works great bro! With warm water left overnight
Or sunlight dishwashers liquid.it contains lemon juice aswell.
Vinegar solution also works but it must be a weak ditlue

I have one and never use it for any vape gear,agree 100% with @Rob Fisher.I use it for cleaning jewellery,personally I wouldn't recommend spending on one.

Thank you so much for the inputs. It looks like I’m going to continue doing it the same old way. Maybe let the bottles soak overnight instead of one hour.

Thank you so much for the inputs. It looks like I’m going to continue doing it the same old way. Maybe let the bottles soak overnight instead of one hour.

You can also dedicate different bottles to different flavour profiles that dont clash

I soak mine in some 70% ethanol. Think you can get some at dischem. Lifts the juice right off. And dries quickly.

I tried the 90% on a pulse mod and it bleached the hell out of it. I had to apply some oil on it to restore its shine:eek:

any good for coil cleaning ?

I take the whole atty appart, soak ti for about 5 minutes coil and all. Leave for a minute to dry. The dry burn it. Dip the coil in again if needed.

When you dryburn and it is not completely dry you might get a little flame from the ethanol. It won't last long enough to cause any damage.

The cleaner cuts down steep time. Eg. 8hour run would resemble a week steep... And so forth... There is a slight taste difference but nothing major as well your juices expire faster...

Back