Urgent assistance for an Ultra n00b

sneakydino

Cloudy
LV

Awards
Hi, i need urgent assistance.

Damaged my Twisp due to an unfortunate event, involving a washing machine :sweating:.

Read nothing but praise for the Kanger EMOW. Enquired about it at the local vape shop and was referred to a newer device. 'the iTwist Mega and GS16'.

I had a look at it online and it seemed similar enough. But if any1 could let me know which 1 of the 2 or if I'm looking at the wrong stuff altogether.

Have'nt vaped in over 3 days, so really need to get 1 urgently. :lipssealed:

Thanks

Hi,

Subtank is awesome, i also recently came out of normal evod vaping, but can say just order yourself some juices going with sub ohm vaping for the subtank, not same thing with old juices!! Much, much more flavour!! So if something is sweet in twisp it will be extremely sweet almost to sweet in subtank!! Flavour is intense, promise you that much!! I now with istick 20w, no problems at all it is much smaller then what they appear on the net!! Whole setup pocket friendly and just more than a handfull!! Lots of good mods out there, istick was for me just the most cost effective!!

Hope this helped!

Like i said i'm an ultra noob so i'm not even sure what sub ohm vaping is :disappointed:...so any help you can give is really appreciated. Would you say that getting the nautilus just to get started is a bad idea ?

the nautilus mini was a good tank back in the day but its like old technology. with the newer devices and batteries becoming alot safer to use with lower resistance coils you can really get alot more flavour and clouds using a tank like the eleaf melo or the subtank mini.

so basically a twisp coil resistance is around 1.5ohms to 1.8ohms, the higher the resistance the harder the battery needs to work to fire it. hense you couldnt just throw on a really low resistance coil on just any battery. also batteries needed to be capable of handling such low resistance because the load on the battery is a big strain, this was a problem long ago and newer devices have safety mechanisms to prevent you from blowing up.

sub ohming is using a coil with a resistance of less than 1 ohm.

so the subtank mini has coils that are 0.5ohms and the istick is capable of firing to that low resistance .

lower resistance is more vapour = more clouds

the nautilus mini was a good tank back in the day but its like old technology. with the newer devices and batteries becoming alot safer to use with lower resistance coils you can really get alot more flavour and clouds using a tank like the eleaf melo or the subtank mini.

so basically a twisp coil resistance is around 1.5ohms to 1.8ohms, the higher the resistance the harder the battery needs to work to fire it. hense you couldnt just throw on a really low resistance coil on just any battery. also batteries needed to be capable of handling such low resistance because the load on the battery is a big strain, this was a problem long ago and newer devices have safety mechanisms to prevent you from blowing up.

sub ohming is using a coil with a resistance of less than 1 ohm.

so the subtank mini has coils that are 0.5ohms and the istick is capable of firing to that low resistance .

lower resistance is more vapour = more clouds

But would i have to start making my own coils for it ?

on the subtank mini you get whats called OCC coils and the RBA base.

so the occ coils come in 0.5ohms resistance and 1.2ohms resistance. these can be replaced with new coils when they are all gunked out but the wonderful thing about them is you dont need to throw them away. you can rewick them and also rebuild them.

the RBA base is where you get to build your own coils similar to a kayfun tank. its really simple and you get some pre wrapped coils in the box when you buy it with some japanese cotton.

im not trying to sell the subtank mini but this is my favourite thing about it for new vapers >>>

get the subtank mini and attempt to build your own coil on the rba base, if it works then awesome ! if not, then pop in the occ coil, have a vape, watch some more youtube videos and then try building your rba base later. win/win

on the subtank mini you get whats called OCC coils and the RBA base.

so the occ coils come in 0.5ohms resistance and 1.2ohms resistance. these can be replaced with new coils when they are all gunked out but the wonderful thing about them is you dont need to throw them away. you can rewick them and also rebuild them.

the RBA base is where you get to build your own coils similar to a kayfun tank. its really simple and you get some pre wrapped coils in the box when you buy it with some japanese cotton.

im not trying to sell the subtank mini but this is my favourite thing about it for new vapers >>>

get the subtank mini and attempt to build your own coil on the rba base, if it works then awesome ! if not, then pop in the occ coil, have a vape, watch some more youtube videos and then try building your rba base later. win/win

Hmm that does sound interesting, I was planning on getting everything at Gateway on my way home.. But now i'm a bit undecided...

A Kanger EMOW on a Vision Spinner II was my ADV for a long while before I got bowled over by rebuildables. IIRC, I got the EMOW and Spinner with extra coils in a kit from VapeClub, under R800 :)

PS, Take a drive up to Ballito and chat to @Ricgt - he has some great kit at some great prices ;-) - its worth the drive!

Yeah mate you wont make a mistake getting the subtank on the way home....lol! I got mine tuesday and i was like a kid getting a game for the first time couldnt go to sleep, vaping up to 3!! Haha, yeah really good as long you get the right juice with it!!

Just do it......you'll love it!!

Still your choice though!!

Lol

Yeah mate you wont make a mistake getting the subtank on the way home....lol! I got mine tuesday and i was like a kid getting a game for the first time couldnt go to sleep, vaping up to 3!! Haha, yeah really good as long you get the right juice with it!!

Just do it......you'll love it!!

Still your choice though!!

Lol

If i get it at Gateway it's R1300...is that fair or should i check at Ballito...keep in mind it's roughly a 40 minute drive if i do make the trip ?

If i get it at Gateway it's R1300...is that fair or should i check at Ballito...keep in mind it's roughly a 40 minute drive if i do make the trip ?
Well i paid r1350 and r50 was for courier! So yeah i thought it was good enough for what you get, istick has build in battery so no extras......no chargers and 18650's .....so yeah buddy!!

Well i paid r1350 and r50 was for courier! So yeah i thought it was good enough for what you get, istick has build in battery so no extras......no chargers and 18650's .....so yeah buddy!!

Dude.. 1 last thing before I leave.....skyblue liquid ? Yes or No

Havnt tried them before but what i read about them surely yes!! I am also getting some soon!!

Try out vapeclub.co.za and vapeshop.co.za got my stuff from them, overnight shipping and brilliant service!!

Hope you can get soon....

Good luck!

Dude.. 1 last thing before I leave.....skyblue liquid ? Yes or No

Hi @sneakydino

I feel your pain about deciding what vape gear to get.

Don't worry, the Nautilus Mini and the Subtank Mini are both good. I have them both and have used them both a fair amount. I also started on Twisp.

The main difference is that the Subtank Mini is way more intense and is better suited for higher power vaping. Also, as pointed out it lets you vape on stock coils and build your own.

The Nautilus Mini is still a big step up from the Twisp so nothing wrong with it at all. Just make sure you get the BVC coils for it.

If you like a more relaxed mouth to lung experience, I would think you would lean more towards the Nautilus Mini. If you want a much more intense experience and want great direct lung-hit vaping - then the Subtank Mini is better suited in my opinion.

All the best

Yes, @sneakydino, I totally agree with @Silver above. My wife has been using the Nautilus Mini for a couple of months now. Gave her a Subtank Mini to try, but was way too intense and lung hit orientated for her. Personally, I was also not sold on the flavour I was getting from the Subtank, but that is so dependent on personal preference. The Nautilus Mini will be the safer option for you imo.
Whatever you decide, enjoy and tell us about it.

I can agree with @Silver and @Andre, but can relate to the guys recommending the Subtank.

The Nautilus mini is a big step up from the Twisp, flavor and vapor wise. The fact that it was nominated as one of the best tanks in 2014 does not make it old or useless technology in 2015. It still does a damn good job. I had my Twisp for a month before getting the mAN, and could not get used to larger airflow settings. That only changed over a period of a few months, and I still use my mAN and other tanks with less airflow than that.
The airflow on the mAN's maximum setting is less than the flow on the Subtank mini's smallest setting, and is still good enough for mouth to lung and even full lung inhales. If you prefer mouth to lung, the Subtank may only appeal to you later on in your vaping journey.

Nicotine from vaping is not as generally absorbed in the lungs as smoke, but also the mouth & nasal mucous membranes. If you are still suffering from your nic fix withdrawal, the Subtank is not the best choice in that regard as nic absorption will be less with direct lung inhales : http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/337017-inhalation-technique-e-cigarette.html

I have the Subtank mini as well, and it is a very satisfying vape too. I can tell you that the Rebuildable Coil is far thirstier than the stock OCC coils, and it will tear through your juice supply quite well.

If you can go to one of the vendors in your area, see if they have both tanks available to sample and then rather decide based on that.

More clouds is not always = more satisfaction.

Thanks again for all the help and feedback...i listened to you guys and from the first pull i was amazed. Happy Vaping :grinning:

Attachments

• IMG_20150326_180726.jpg
    IMG_20150326_180726.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 33
Cool beans!
If it keeps you off the stinkies, it's the right kit, no matter what you've got. Keep in mind that the new tech is also not machine washable... Tank by hand & the mod with a damp cloth only ;)

Good luck !

Good choice! My 2c is that you're better off starting with a nautilus if you're coming off a Twisp.
My better half found my subtank mini "too hectic" even at 1.2 ohms, and way prefers the nautilus mini on istick 30. Its a great little mod that covers most bases. And has super battery life too for something so small.

Back