Urgent assistance for an Ultra n00b

sneakydino

Cloudy
LV

Awards
Hi, i need urgent assistance.

Damaged my Twisp due to an unfortunate event, involving a washing machine :sweating:.

Read nothing but praise for the Kanger EMOW. Enquired about it at the local vape shop and was referred to a newer device. 'the iTwist Mega and GS16'.

I had a look at it online and it seemed similar enough. But if any1 could let me know which 1 of the 2 or if I'm looking at the wrong stuff altogether.

Have'nt vaped in over 3 days, so really need to get 1 urgently. :lipssealed:

Thanks

Good choice! My 2c is that you're better off starting with a nautilus if you're coming off a Twisp.
My better half found my subtank mini "too hectic" even at 1.2 ohms, and way prefers the nautilus mini on istick 30. Its a great little mod that covers most bases. And has super battery life too for something so small.

if i knew it was this good i would never have gotten the twisp in the first place lol...i got it with the Hangsen juices, they're pretty good. But would also love to try some of the higher end juices

if i knew it was this good i would never have gotten the twisp in the first place lol...i got it with the Hangsen juices, they're pretty good. But would also love to try some of the higher end juices
Ripe Vapes offered by www.sirvape.co.za are awesome higher end juices. My favourite is Coconut Thai, but that one is 100 VG and very thick, not sure if the Nautilus will be able to wick it effectively.

Anytime dude we got some exciting things coming so watch social media. register on our site for our newsletter. Have a VAPETASTIC DAY.

Missed this thread completely...but you ended up with IMO the best kit for you @sneakydino - enjoy it :clap:

Well done to everyone here for your excellent recommendations...just keep in mind that what is best for you (i.e. SubTank Mini, which I absolutely love myself) is generally not the right device for a new-ish vapor. As others have mentioned, the change from mouth-to-lung to direct lung hits is one that should happen gradually, and we tend to forget how satisfying and important mouth-to-lung hits are for people who have recently stopped smoking :D

There are obviously exceptions, but generally it's best to recommend "older and outdated" devices for new vapers...there seems to be a shortage of new mouth-to-lung atomizers, so the Nautilus is still the state of the art ;)

I'm using the istick at 8.5w.....is that where about it should be...i don't wanna try it without checking first....the guy at the store said higher wattages may give a burnt taste

I'm using the istick at 8.5w.....is that where about it should be...i don't wanna try it without checking first....the guy at the store said higher wattages may give a burnt taste

You need to play around with the settings to find your perfect wattage. What I used to do with commercial tanks (like the Nautilus) is go up a bit - vape - go up a bit - vape... Till I get a burnt taste. Then I would go back down a bit and leave it there. But you might find the flavor better at a specific setting. I generally hovered around the 12w mark.

Different jooses are better at different settings. ;-)

The nautilus should be perfectly fine up to around 12W on the iStick - on other mods around 14W. The reason being that the iStick applies power slightly differently at the low end. But experimentation will be key...when you go higher just take short "test puffs" to make sure it's not burnt and you should be fine ;)

The nautilus should be perfectly fine up to around 12W on the iStick - on other mods around 14W. The reason being that the iStick applies power slightly differently at the low end. But experimentation will be key...when you go higher just take short "test puffs" to make sure it's not burnt and you should be fine ;)

If i do get a burnt taste, does it mean that i burnt the coil, even slightly ?

If i do get a burnt taste, does it mean that i burnt the coil, even slightly ?
My experience with the Nautilus coils - once burnt you might as well throw it away. But you will taste it, if it still tastes burnt at low power you know that coil is a goner.

My sweet-spot with the nautilus mini is at around 11-12 watts.
If I pop in a brand new coil (even if put a couple of drops of juice on it and let it sit for 10 mins) I get a burnt taste if I start at 12w, so I generally start at 9w, take 3 puffs, go up to 10w, 3 puffs... till I'm at 12w.

The istick 20W power reading is the average or mean power, not the RMS power as is the case for most other regulated mods. The difference depends on the resistance of the coil. A rough rule of thumb is about 20% difference. So the iStick at 8W should feel the same as a RMS mod at about 10W. Thats why several folk report that the little iStick seems too powerful. It just uses a different reading.

I wonder if this changed with the iStick 30W and 50W?

The istick 20W power reading is the average or mean power, not the RMS power as is the case for most other regulated mods. The difference depends on the resistance of the coil. A rough rule of thumb is about 20% difference. So the iStick at 8W should feel the same as a RMS mod at about 10W. Thats why several folk report that the little iStick seems too powerful. It just uses a different reading.

I wonder if this changed with the iStick 30W and 50W?

I am not sure with the 30W, but the 50W is RMS.

Back