Using a bearing in place of swivels

Awesome thanks.will give that a go.when you wrapping some aliens?

Lol, it’s on the cards, hopefully very soon. Need to tweak my setup a bit and practice a bit more on claptons

So I was headed to the vape shop to go get some mtl superfine coils or wrapped clapton spool.they never had any.so I got myself a spool of 38ga ni80 instead.I already had some 32ga in my stash.didn't know what to expect trying to wrap my first coils with the above mentioned gauges.pretty happy with the outcome

Attachments

• IMG-20190207-WA0032.jpg
    IMG-20190207-WA0032.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 26
So I was headed to the vape shop to go get some mtl superfine coils or wrapped clapton spool.they never had any.so I got myself a spool of 38ga ni80 instead.I already had some 32ga in my stash.didn't know what to expect trying to wrap my first coils with the above mentioned gauges.pretty happy with the outcome
Looking good!

Ohm1 (Hein at JuicyJoes) makes this:

https://www.juicyjoes.co.za/?product=ohm1-street-crew-coil-building-swivel

I believe it is a similar idea using a bearing instead of a fishing swivel.
I had some swivels, but the binding would just mess up everything I tried.
The bearing idea looks like the way to go.
Didn't pick this up yet though as I've kinda left coiling for the past few months.

Ohm1 (Hein at JuicyJoes) makes this:

https://www.juicyjoes.co.za/?product=ohm1-street-crew-coil-building-swivel

I believe it is a similar idea using a bearing instead of a fishing swivel.
I had some swivels, but the binding would just mess up everything I tried.
The bearing idea looks like the way to go.
Didn't pick this up yet though as I've kinda left coiling for the past few months.
This is a thrust bearing which spins when pulling on it where as a normal skateboard bearing exerts downward force in order to spin better

I'm using one of them and its amazing

To make life easier when using swivels, attach 2 or more swivels onto one another because if one stops spinning, the others acts as fail safes and continue spinning

@Dawood Bhawoodien.I do agree fully and my next step it to get a thrust bearing.these regular roller bearings do still carry tension.

To make life easier when using swivels, attach 2 or more swivels onto one another because if one stops spinning, the others acts as fail safes and continue spinning

Altough this works that action when one stops spinning and next starts spinning again annoys the crap out of me as it still twists the wire

Altough this works that action when one stops spinning and next starts spinning again annoys the crap out of me as it still twists the wire
just make sure your swivels are nice and oiled up. What I usually do is throw some eliquid by the ball bearing

Back