Valley Vapour Closing 25 May - 5 June: PLUS 15% OFF!

Dinxster

Worker-bee at Valley Vapour
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
Valley Vapour: Closing 25 May - 5 June: PLUS 15% OFF!

We’ve been offered a rather last-minute opportunity to hike the largest canyon in Africa – a once in a life-time experience we feel we can’t turn down.

To lift our bleakness about having to close at this unusual time of year, we’re running a we’re-not-happy-about-closing-from-25-May-till-5-June SPECIAL!

GET 15% OFF SITE-WIDE - Coupon Code: YOLO

We’re giving 15% discount on all orders placed as of right this second, until 5 June when you use the coupon code: YOLO

What’s rad is that the 15% discount applies over and above the existing bundle discounts currently active on the site. Woo hoo!

Using Valley Vapour Points: You can also use your points, just make sure that you apply the points before entering the coupon code. Why? Well, because the button to apply the points disappears if the coupon code is entered first.

CLOSING DETAILS

We’ll be closed from 25 May – 5 June.

Final date to place orders:

PayFast – final orders Tuesday, 23 May 2017
EFT – final orders Monday, 22 May 2017

EFTs take roughly 24 – 48 hours to clear, so we ask that if you’re paying via EFT you place your order on Monday, 22 May.

PLEASE NOTE

During our closure time we’ll be off the grid which means we’ll be completely out of touch. Please bear with us :)

Yolo!

Dalene & Drew

Last edited:
Enjoy the hike and be safe.

Do you expect any new stock between now and the 23rd?

Have a splendid trip @Dinxster and @drew

I would love to see a photo of you guys vaping in the canyon on your return!!
Am wondering if it will taste better there?

And please tell us what vape gear you will be packing
I assume you will need one of those solar battery chargers ;-)

Thanks @Silver

Choosing the kit to take with has taken a bit of thought because weight is a big factor. I'm switching from my daily 3-cell Reuleaux to a tiny iStick Pico and Melo III mini combo, I'll likely need to up my nic to 6, maybe even 9 to make for the smaller hit. At first I did think that a solar charger would be the way to go but after weighing up the options it looks like taking a bunch of 18650's actually works out a couple hundred grams lighter than taking a panel and power bank.

Thanks @Silver

Choosing the kit to take with has taken a bit of thought because weight is a big factor. I'm switching from my daily 3-cell Reuleaux to a tiny iStick Pico and Melo III mini combo, I'll likely need to up my nic to 6, maybe even 9 to make for the smaller hit. At first I did think that a solar charger would be the way to go but after weighing up the options it looks like taking a bunch of 18650's actually works out a couple hundred grams lighter than taking a panel and power bank.

Ooh, this is very exciting @drew -
If you need some higher nic I know of a good DIY supplier in CT ;-)

By the way, if you just take fully charged 18650 batts, will they be able to last the full trip?
Will you have some power to recharge at any point on your journey?

Lol @Silver ;)

Back in the high nic, low wattage days I remember a single 18650 being able to last a full day. I'm really hoping I can turn back the clock and get a similar run time but will have to do some testing beforehand to see if it's realistic or not. The hike is 90km with no sign of power!

@drew
I use this combo when I'm not sure when I'll get power to charge my batteries again...
Power bank: https://www.takealot.com/romoss-polymos-20-20000mah-power-bank/PLID41836524
Charger (charges via USB): https://www.lung-candy.co.za/nitecore-i2-battery-charger-4.html

The power bank should be able to charge almost 7 3000mAh batteries.

Incase someone gets confused...
The charger I was referring to is the Nitecore UM20.
The link sends you to the correct UM20 page.
The URL for the link says i2 and not UM20.

:)

Thanks @spiv

If weight wasn't such a concern then I would most definitely go the power bank route for ease of use, but check out the weight difference.

Romoss Polymos 20k mah. Power banks are generally only 90% efficient so a 20k bank is more like 18k mah real world and weighs in at 563g.

6x Samsung INR18650-30Q 3000mah is also 18k mah but at 48g each they weigh in at 288g.

Thanks @spiv

If weight wasn't such a concern then I would most definitely go the power bank route for ease of use, but check out the weight difference.

Romoss Polymos 20k mah. Power banks are generally only 90% efficient so a 20k bank is more like 18k mah real world and weighs in at 563g.

6x Samsung INR18650-30Q 3000mah is also 18k mah but at 48g each they weigh in at 288g.

You're right. On a hike, ever gram counts.
In my bag I chuck in the car when I drive to Durban... not so much :)

*Original Post Updated*

Feel free to use your loyalty points alongside the 15% discount; just make sure that you apply the points before entering the coupon code. Why? Well, because the button to apply the points disappears if the coupon code is entered first.

Happy shopping!

Back