Vape Expo Paris

Ooh, look @Rob Fisher your country flag below your avatar says France
So we know you are not joking...

upload_2017-9-20_16-46-53.png

We flew on Qatar Airlines in business class. It was fantastic. Great service, outstanding food and really comfortable lie flat beds. No queues at passport control or customs for business class and we were picked up in a Merc S-Class. Just has a good shower and change of clothes and am gonna head out into Paris for a look see.

And the Twisp Que worked like a dream on the trip.:p

Ah good stuff. I couldn't use Qatar for a while due to the issues between them and Saudi Arabia so it disrupted the flow of business a bit

Went out walking on the the Champs Elysse today and the people of Paris are smokers. Everyone smokes and the stink in the streets from smokers is heavy... saw one other Vaper today and he was fromIreland! :confused:

Omg this is the way to travel.
041fe60e18383abd0452374531f87fd9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor credit card

So exciting!

Just zip me in your luggage, I'll be quiet, I promise ;)

They certainly are smokers.

I think the daily checklist for them are Navy Blue Suite (check), Ciggies (Check), Happy Hour (Check) :)

Waiting for pics of the show!!! man it must be amazing to see all the high end gear lazily strewn across the show! hope you had a drool cloth handy!!!

Just pinging @Rob Fisher to give us something of an update.
Maybe a one-liner or a photo

I see he last logged in at 9am. Its now midday - so that's 3 hours

I think the expo only starts tomorrow but I suspect he is with some exhibitors now.
Rob are you at the build day there? Did you manage to get in? lol

Just a quick update guys, they are entering the arena as we speak, according to the latest pic I got.

It's only from the 24 to 25 Sep
We are a bit early ;)

Agree @Willyza
But knowing Rob, he has made friends with some of the vendors there. Today must be build day, if not even yesterday as well

@Rob Fisher - Too busy getting to know Louis at Vuitton lol

Sent from my TEL-1013GIQA using Tapatalk

That would be great for him
can see the Expo without the 1000 peeps bumping each other

Just watched a live FaceBook feed from @Takie from earlier today

And can confirm that Takie and Rob are both at the venue - Takie took a walk around the place and it looks great. Lots of vendors setting up although most appear to be pretty much set up which makes me think they had 2 build days and this was the 2nd one.

Stands look great. I dont recognise many of the vendors but saw several familiar Chinese names. It is a world expo after all and they also have a modders section. I must say though, the aisles looked pretty narrow. Hehe. looks very packed and thats without the attendees :eek:

Thank you so much for the live feed @Takie - it was super to see what is going on! You champ.

Anyhow, I presume our skipper @Rob Fisher is hard at work mingling with all the vendors, building relationships and putting in a good word for SA and us. After all, he is the master at that!

Looking forward to hearing more. I predict Rob will post something for us when he gets back to his hotel room... Rob, by the way, I hope y manage to find chips somewhere :D

Well it's 25 to one in the morning and just got back to the hotel... met tons of people... bought two mods so far... an Armor Mech and a GProv stab wood squonker. Gonna hit the sack now because tomorrow is the big day! I promise a full report when I get a chance... it's bloody epic!

Wow it's been insane! So much to see and so many people to meet. Once it's all over tomorrow I will do a full report.

Here is a pic of me and da boys chilling.
e84699310645f446258f105656ca2408.jpg

Wow it's been insane! So much to see and so many people to meet. Once it's all over tomorrow I will do a full report.

Matt Tod, what a legend in the vaping community.

Hehe

Awesome picture!!

They lucky to meet you @Rob Fisher !

Love it

Last edited:
OK I'm going to attempt to tell a bit of a story now... I have a whole heap of other photo's coming but for now let's use the ones taken with my phone.

Travelling business class is certainly the way to go... having your own POD and a chair that converts to a lie flat bed is a Chicken Dinner!
Paris 009.JPG

The chair is fully electronic.
Paris 011.JPG

Beer and Nuts to start!
Paris 014.JPG

The food on Qatar was outstanding... but I got a little adventurous with this Arab delicacy... it was KAK!
Paris 017.JPG

Ice Cream and Strawberries and the Twisp Cue that did a splendid job!
Paris 018.JPG

Our plane!
Paris 019.JPG

The hotel sent a Mercedes to pick us up!
Paris 020.JPG

First sight of the Arc de Triomphe!
Paris 022.JPG Paris 023.JPG

Our first chow in Paris...
Paris 027.JPG

Full size Storm Trooper in the Disney Window. And I discovered an awesome Belgian beer called Leffe!
Paris 029.JPG Paris 030.JPG

The normal water tased kak so I drank Pellegrin sparking water most of the time.
Mod check with all the Scooters and Motor bikes... the driving in Paris is insane... lost of Scooters and Bikes and Bicycles!
Paris 031.JPG Paris 039.JPG

Arc de Triomphe was this close to our hotel!
Paris 044.JPG

If you have more money than God has sheep then you can shop here... I walked in for a look see and retired to vape outside while the others did a little shopping! The cars parked outside were just silly!
Paris 045.JPG

The cars outside... and then a shot of the motorbike/scooter with two front wheels... lost of them around Paris.
Paris 046.JPG Paris 047.JPG

@Takie needed shades so he got a beautiful pair from Cartier... me I would have bought a fancy mod rather! :eek:
Paris 050.JPG

On our way to the Eiffel Tower and a stop at the Princess Di memorial.

Paris 055.JPG Paris 057.JPG

Bicycle driven taxi!
Paris 059.JPG Paris 060.JPG

The River Seine
Paris 061.JPG

On a boat bus trip.
Paris 083.JPG Paris 087.JPG

Me outside Louis Vuitton and one of the cars parked outside.
Paris 113.JPG Paris 114.JPG Paris 121.JPG

The tunnel were the car accident claimed Princess Di's life.
Paris 121.JPG

On the bridge of love going to the Eiffel Tower one puts a lock with a message... as some of you may know my daughter Mandy ended up in hospital while I was away and I needed to send love. She had her brian operation yesterday and I'm pleased to tell you she is doing well and we hope to have her home on Tuesday if she continues to recuperate like she is currently.

Jeff with his Phix in his mouth as always!
Paris 141.JPG Paris 146.JPG Paris 149.JPG Paris 150.JPG

Notre Dame!
Paris 174.JPG Paris 176.JPG

Back