Vape Gear on a Plane

@vaalboy once triggered a smoke alarm in a hotel. There are 2 different types of smoke detectors on the market: (1) Detects carbon particles and it would be very difficult for an ordinary vape device to trigger this type (except if there is a lot of gunk on coil and/or you start burning the wicking material), and (2) Optical topology which triggers when 2 closely opposing light emitter and light detector are obstructed - this type will be triggered with enough vapor.

did a post a while back with regards to traveling and vape... basically it comes down to, make sure your batteries have a mAh rating clearly stated on it, if it does not, take the pamphlet you received with the device with you as some airports demand that you prove what the rating on the batteries are.. that goes for any charging bank or e cigarette... They confiscated my one device in China on my way back to SA... had to phone up the wife in SA to take photo's of the pamphlet that was with the mod and show them that in order to get it back...

I know not all airports are fussy about it, but in case, then you are prepared...

For instance, I travelled from SA to hong kong, then tokyo then beijing and then from beijing back was the first time I had an issue.....

i remember that story now, that worried me.

Johan, thanks. :-/ The optical detectors would probably be what they would use in planes, in the toilets - increasingly, i suppose. Damn. Can't take a chance on being arrested on arrival.

All good! Take it on the plane and vape it! If someone approach you, put your device in the air and start talking Arabic. Quite a hoot seeing everyone panic. Your new wife can always visit you in jail. But it's worth it.

Literally LOL'ed! :rofl:

Always vape on flights. Take a ego battery with a mini protank or so and vape either in bathroom or take a few puffs when you leaning against the window. Keep the vapour in lungs for a few seconds and almost nithing comes out. I took a clk with nautilus mini through int security check. Nobody said anything

if travelling with a mech I suggest you remove your battery. I do that with the reo I keep in my hand luggage. Would hate a short or accidental fire while my bag is squashed in the luggage compartments above the seats. For the conspiracy theorists, this could be the reason for some of the recent plane crashes? Just putting that out there

Guys
Do u now if ill be able to put my vape tools in my carry on bag to durbs iv gave iitems stolen before n cant live withput my coiling tools now

You should. Only liquid might be a problem and not screw drivers or scissors

Guys
Do u now if ill be able to put my vape tools in my carry on bag to durbs iv gave iitems stolen before n cant live withput my coiling tools now

No sharp instruments allowed ie; scissors, screw drivers,tweezers and not even a nail clipper. e-liquid is good as long as its in equal/less than 100ml bottles.

I read this thread but did not see anyone talk about AIO type kits or something like an ijust with a built in battery. Has anyone had problems with these type of devises in planes? My concern is that you can't "remove" the battery, as asked by most airlines. Is it good enough if you just store the tank and base separately in hand luggage?

Cheers

Hi traveling on BA to zim soon, wondering if things have changed?

I plan on putting the liquids and batteries checked luggage and keeping one on me. I have no intention of vaping on the plane but I have heard the battery will need to be in a case.

Please advise if this will be fine.

I plan on putting the liquids and batteries checked luggage and keeping one on me. I have no intention of vaping on the plane but I have heard the battery will need to be in a case.

last i can remember all batteries need to be in a protective case or silicone sleeve and in your carry on and not your checked luggage all sharps like wire cutters and scissors need to be in your checked luggage.Juice needs to be stored in bottles max 100ml and placed in a ziplock bag and can be in your checked luggage

when i went to the UK i had no issues at all even at customs

Hi @BuzzGlo

As far as I know, batteries must be in hand luggage - not checked luggage

Sent by iDad's iPhone

Friends of mine traveled by plane yesterday, 2017/12/18. (Domestic flight, SA)The airline told them that the vape gear must be in hand luggage, batteries removed and in separate container. With vape pens the atomizer and battery unit must be separate. Their juice was in 30ml bottles x 3, in zip-lock bag.

Cheers

I read this thread but did not see anyone talk about AIO type kits or something like an ijust with a built in battery. Has anyone had problems with these type of devises in planes? My concern is that you can't "remove" the battery, as asked by most airlines. Is it good enough if you just store the tank and base separately in hand luggage?

Cheers

No problem with AIO devices recently traveled with a twisp cue and no problems.

Carry all your gear in hand luggage.

Just came back from a trip that stopped in Angola and had to catch a connecting flight to europe and had no issues in both luggage scans (Angola and Europe)

*batteries must be out of mod in a protective silcone or hard plastic battery holder.
*your attys should be off your mods.
*juice must be placed in a plastic bag of sorts (i took bottles of 30ml and 50ml about 6 bottles with no issue)

Thanks to everyone, I kept gear on me and in baggage. BA didnt seem to have a policy. All batteries in a plastic casing as expected the change in pressure caused tanks to leak a little.

did a post a while back with regards to traveling and vape... basically it comes down to, make sure your batteries have a mAh rating clearly stated on it, if it does not, take the pamphlet you received with the device with you as some airports demand that you prove what the rating on the batteries are.. that goes for any charging bank or e cigarette... They confiscated my one device in China on my way back to SA... had to phone up the wife in SA to take photo's of the pamphlet that was with the mod and show them that in order to get it back...

I know not all airports are fussy about it, but in case, then you are prepared...

For instance, I travelled from SA to hong kong, then tokyo then beijing and then from beijing back was the first time I had an issue.....

When they ask for ratings on the battery what types are allowed and which ones are a strict no no ?

When they ask for ratings on the battery what types are allowed and which ones are a strict no no ?
As far as I know, they do not ask for ratings. They are most concerned about Li-Ion batteries, which must be kept in hand luggage, and be packaged properly.

Back