Vape King SA - Retailer Reviews

To my fellow forumites:

View attachment 203364

I personally dealt with this query, we do not do returns on liquids for various reasons. I also happen to know the manufacturer of this liquid extremely well and we have dealt with them for years, I know that they use salts for all the liquids in the range and not freebase even for the 3mg and 6mg.

The customer was looking for a specific ingredient on the label which is nicotine salicylate, just to be sure I checked every single nic salt that we stock and not one of them list nicotine salicylate on the label. Did some more research into this before responding again just to be sure and explained to the customer how nic salts work.

Just as some interesting facts for you all incase anyone else wants to jump on the train:

NicSalt (Nicotine Salts) does not have 1 version it has infact more

there is
NicSalt-M (Malate Salt)
NicSalt-L (Lactate Salt)
NicSalt-LL (Levulinate Salt)
NicSalt-B (Benzoate Salt)
NicSalt-D (Ditartrate Salt)
NicSalt-S (Salicylate Salt)

NicSalt-M is great for Fruits and citrus flavours however dramatically reduces coil life so many manufactures avoid using it
NicSalt-L was highly appreciated in our test panels with a good balance for smoothness and nicotine hit whilst having a minimal throat hit compared to other salts however not what our customers are looking for from Nicsalts so we generally wont stock it
NicSalt-LL is great for Dairy flavours however when used in such flavours has a short shelf life which makes it rather hard to stock as we cant guarantee that we will sell all the stock so we avoid it aswell
NicSalt-B Nicotine benzoate was one of the first nicotine salt to hit the mass market helping to create the nicotine salt buzz. Our test panels noted that it was very smooth to vape while offering a rapid and notable nicotine hit and the most accessable nicsalt version that can be found on the market, we stock it (alot)
NicSalt-D Our test panels found nicotine detartrate to be extremely smooth combined with a full-on nicotine rush that was noted as the quickest, most potent and closest to “cigarette like” nicotine uptake and hit however is not used by alot of manufactures sadly
NicSalt-S Our test panels found nicotine salicylate to be the smoothest vape experience with a “coolness” to the vape. Little or no flavour changes were reported and nicotine delivery (some noted a chemical taste) was reported to be strong without being overbearing yet without any harsh throat hit however once more sadly not alot of manufactures use it in their liquids.

So this got me thinking. With much better overall nic quality by the looks of it will using nic salt be perhaps better to replace my freebase nic looking longer term and just keep vaping mtl as now. Just cut nic salt down to % nic required as now using freebase nic. I can buy nic salt straight from the US for not much more than the freebase nic I'm buying now. Does this make any sense or not? I'm stashing big time I can just store both in the freezer any way.

Last edited:
So this got me thinking. With much better overall nic quality by the looks of it will using nic salt be perhaps better to replace my freebase nic looking longer term and just keep vaping mtl as now. Just cut nic salt down to % nic required as now using freebase nic. I can buy nic salt straight from the US for not much more than the freebase nic I'm buying now. Does this make any sense or not? I'm stashing big time I can just store both in the freezer any way.
Makes sense.
I mixed 3 +3mg salts and freebase one time. It worked a charm and I'm thinking of doing it again(after lockdown)

Wow, I missed this thread entirely
Don’t know how that happened, but had a very very busy week working all day and most of night

Just to give my side of inputs on various things

To the OP, @Gervais Martin , I don’t know who you are, welcome, I see this was your first post. We like members to first introduce themselves to the community in the Intro thread (as was asked in the welcome PM when you joined) - but you didn’t. That’s okay. Hopefully you will welcome yourself in future. One thing though, if you are going to come onto a forum and make a complaint as your first post, please stick around and don’t disappear. Otherwise you won’t be taken too seriously in the long run.

On the issue of not letting new members make their first post as a complaint or heavy moderation. Here at ECIGSSA we believe members should be given the opportunity to make their comments freely. As long as they remain respectful and don’t break the forum posting rules. We don’t just delete comments. Unless it’s spam. If it’s a genuine comment or complaint it’s best to let it continue and let everyone see what is being said by everyone else.

We also firmly believe in what @fbb1964 mentioned about group dynamics. We prefer to let the community spirit sort things like this out instead of one or two moderators getting heavy handed. We will step in when needed but only if things get personal or it becomes a matter of security or vulgarity etc.

Each time a vendor has a complaint, its a GREAT OPPORTUNITY for the vendor. The vendor can try resolve the complaint to their best ability and show the community how they behave when the pressure is on. If they can do this successfully, they will come out shining. This has happened many times and will continue happening. So don’t shun away complaints, they are golden opportunities in today’s digital age.

We have a very longstanding relationship with most of the wonderful vendors on this forum. Many of them have grown with the forum over the years and have taken part in and supported the forum and its events over several years. In many ways we are like a family. One or two negative posts are not going to harm these relationships and “our” vendors are more than capable of handling the heat when needed.

Moving on to the lighter side :

I am upset no one alerted me to the chip discussion. :)
All the talk about air fryers was great, will have to dissect this thread a bit and move the relevant posts to a new thread. Will get to that hopefully soon

Its just great to see the community spirit here as strong as it is. I think we all can be very proud of this community and what it stands for. At this point out vaping industry is taking strain with the senseless restrictions - hopefully it will get better soon. Hang in there everyone, keep the spirit - it is a great thing indeed!

Don’t know how that happened, but had a very very busy week working all day and most of night

To the OP, @Gervais Martin , I don’t know who you are, welcome, I see this was your first post. We like members to first introduce themselves to the community in the Intro thread (as was asked in the welcome PM when you joined) - but you didn’t. That’s okay. Hopefully you will welcome yourself in future. One thing though, if you are going to come onto a forum and make a complaint as your first post, please stick around and don’t disappear. Otherwise you won’t be taken too seriously in the long run.

On the issue of not letting new members make their first post as a complaint or heavy moderation. Here at ECIGSSA we believe members should be given the opportunity to make their comments freely. As long as they remain respectful and don’t break the forum posting rules. We don’t just delete comments. Unless it’s spam. If it’s a genuine comment or complaint it’s best to let it continue and let everyone see what is being said by everyone else.

We also firmly believe in what @fbb1964 mentioned about group dynamics. We prefer to let the community spirit sort things like this out instead of one or two moderators getting heavy handed. We will step in when needed but only if things get personal or it becomes a matter of security or vulgarity etc.

Each time a vendor has a complaint, its a GREAT OPPORTUNITY for the vendor. The vendor can try resolve the complaint to their best ability and show the community how they behave when the pressure is on. If they can do this successfully, they will come out shining. This has happened many times and will continue happening. So don’t shun away complaints, they are golden opportunities in today’s digital age.

We have a very longstanding relationship with most of the wonderful vendors on this forum. Many of them have grown with the forum over the years and have taken part in and supported the forum and its events over several years. In many ways we are like a family. One or two negative posts are not going to harm these relationships and “our” vendors are more than capable of handling the heat when needed.

All the talk about air fryers was great, will have to dissect this thread a bit and move the relevant posts to a new thread. Will get to that hopefully soon

Its just great to see the community spirit here as strong as it is. I think we all can be very proud of this community and what it stands for. At this point out vaping industry is taking strain with the senseless restrictions - hopefully it will get better soon. Hang in there everyone, keep the spirit - it is a great thing indeed!
I was also wondering why a serious chips discussion wouldn't involve you. Blasphemy! Chips is sacred.

Actually.... you were tagged quite early on... :p

I'm actually more surprised that @Rob Fisher didn't educate us on how to cook a winning chicken dinner in an air fryer...

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

Actually.... you were tagged quite early on... :p

I'm actually more surprised that @Rob Fisher didn't educate us on how to cook a winning chicken dinner in an air fryer...

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

I saw the tags @baksteen8168 , but didn’t have a chance to look :(
If it’s something critical one of the team would have alerted us all via our internal system or WhatsApp

Well well finally Hi Ho Silver has surfaced..
Good to have you back

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

15 years ago, maybe more, people came to your house selling a Magic Kitchen for R5000
This is a Magic Kitchen
319a4ebde0054075846313ad214f42d0.jpg
It is just a small convection oven, and yes they work great, but way overpriced just a marketing scheme.

Few years ago probably some licenses or patents fell away and your normal appliance manufacturers started making the same thing for way less. Think I bought a Salton that look exactly like the Magic Kitchen for R399 at Makro about 8 years ago. You can still buy these for around R800
Jump to today and the next marketing scheme. They now make the same convection oven, just with less space inside, more difficult to clean, looking like a plastic egg, now calling it an Air fryer and you pay 4-5k for a 1k item that has an element and a fan. Lets not forget that in this plastic egg you cant even see the food cooking and know when its ready, I mean normal oven with a glass door was invented decades ago for a reason.

Luckily for the marketing departments, a fool is born everyday.

Back