Vape vs Hubbly

Mm.... just as vaping gets a lot of bad press, horribly unscientific studies and general heresy as opposed to objective facts, shisha/hubbly gets more.

So to set matters right, no, hubbly does not have "far more nicotine than a cigarette." Not by mass in the raw material, and considerably less in the final, inhaled product. Most of the "studies" done were done in very much the same, incoherent and biased manner as we are seeing studies for vaping, and while many of them have been debunked, most of the quotes (such as yours - no offense intended, I see it all the time) keep flying around without regard for the context or proof of the original study.

I've actually read a peer-reviewed study where they dry-burned the molasses/tobacco mixture used in shisha (no coal, no foil, no water - literally just set it alight) and argued that whatever they analysed is what hubbly-smokers inhale. In a vaping context, that is like dry burning cotton and claiming all vapers inhale burnt organic cotton directly to their lungs. There was also the issue of "water on the lungs" from hubbly - no, you cannot physically get water bubbles on your lungs from inhaling gaseous particles bubbled through water. Again, in vaping context, compare this to the "popcorn lung" issue. And every time I hear the "smoking 45 minutes hookah as compared to 5 minutes cigarette" BS argument - seriously, how does that work? Physically? Are you actually creating new matter whilst smoking? Regardless of concentration, it is impossible to go beyond the actual, total amount of nicotine in a bowl of shisha.

To give you some personal, empirical validation: I was a two to five head hookah smoker a day (round about one pack of coals, or average 3 hours smoking). Thats a crap load. When I moved over to vaping (and now 6 months without hookah whatsoever) I very quickly dropped down to 1.5 mg/ml - I just couldn't take much higher, and this was MTL, before I started sub-ohming. In time, I have actually moved up to 3 mg/ml (increasing my nic content from when I was smoking hubbly), but I still DIY between 1.5 to 2.5 mg/ml. And finally, since I've started vaping, I've more often noticed nicotine overdose from vaping than when I was smoking hubbly.

Now - vaping is still a gazillion times better than hubbly. I don't get carbon monoxide overdose anymore (which used to give me massive headaches, known as a "hookah hangover"). My entire house and person doesn't smell like mouldy peaches any more. I don't inhale all the other horrid chemicals, or old hubbly water any more. I really love vaping - it is a massive improvement from smoking hookah.

But please, for the sake of the objectivity we as vapers ask from our peers, don't just repeat whatever you heard verbatim. I know you meant well, and I really don't want to offend - I just get a little bit upset when I see ridiculous statements from the uninformed (as we get everyday from non-vapers regarding all the "health-risks" of vaping).

For any hubbly smokers moving to vaping - start at loooow nic levels (but don't do 0, or you will relapse), and drink much, much more water than normal - you are used to smoke almost hydrating you, whereas vape has the opposite effect!

Thanks for that. Really informative.
And helps a lot!

Fellow hub smokers know what I am feeling...

Wow thank you

Just so you aware Hubbly has far more nicotine then a cigarette.

MYTH #4: Smoking a hookah is not as addictive as smoking a cigarette because there is no nicotine. TRUTH #4: Just like regular tobacco,shisha contains nicotine. In fact, in a 60-minute Hookah session, smokers are exposed to 100 to 200 times the volume of smoke inhaled from a single cigarette.

You need nicotine thats why you dont find it satisfying. Atleast 6MG my 2 cents.
I like the facts. Do you have a link?

Why not buy 2 bottles of the same juice? 1 bottle 3mg and the other 0mg.
Mix then together and you have 1.5mg.
That's exactly what I am going to try.
Was thinking that....

Hey All

i was too one of those big big fans of the hubbly, still am a fan and try stick away from all the politics , had been smoking it not stop for 13 years smoking 4 cartons a month and roughly 80 coal and never smoked a single cigarette in my life, finally decided to give up for many reasons. Iv been on this journey for over a year now with the assistance of vaping and I'm doing well i would say, it truly is a cleaner and healthier experiance.

Just to add my 2 cents and a bit of advice. When i started vaping i knew i needed to have a kick from smoking pipe for 13 years and i also contemplated on where to start and i went for 6MG and 3MG.... tried them both and found what hits my sweet spot. 6 was ok but hitting me hard, i felt like i wanted more but didn't want it to slap me in my face first. Then 3 came along and it was nice, still coming at me a little strong but with a few adjustment i came right . How i see it is when we smoking a hubbly the harder we pull the more we are looking for something and that is the throat hit and a hubbly is amazingly good at providing that satisfation i loved it !!

if i may ask what equipment are you vaping from?, wattage? Atty ? how long you pulling for?
I would say if you were up to 6 pots of hub not so long ago try bringing your nic down to 1.5, mix it up and take it for a run. it shouldn't hit you hard but as i said only you will know once you have found your equal medium.

Hey All

i was too one of those big big fans of the hubbly, still am a fan and try stick away from all the politics , had been smoking it not stop for 13 years smoking 4 cartons a month and roughly 80 coal and never smoked a single cigarette in my life, finally decided to give up for many reasons. Iv been on this journey for over a year now with the assistance of vaping and I'm doing well i would say, it truly is a cleaner and healthier experiance.

Just to add my 2 cents and a bit of advice. When i started vaping i knew i needed to have a kick from smoking pipe for 13 years and i also contemplated on where to start and i went for 6MG and 3MG.... tried them both and found what hits my sweet spot. 6 was ok but hitting me hard, i felt like i wanted more but didn't want it to slap me in my face first. Then 3 came along and it was nice, still coming at me a little strong but with a few adjustment i came right . How i see it is when we smoking a hubbly the harder we pull the more we are looking for something and that is the throat hit and a hubbly is amazingly good at providing that satisfation i loved it !!

if i may ask what equipment are you vaping from?, wattage? Atty ? how long you pulling for?
I would say if you were up to 6 pots of hub not so long ago try bringing your nic down to 1.5, mix it up and take it for a run. it shouldn't hit you hard but as i said only you will know once you have found your equal medium.
I have a cloupor gt 80w, Fishbone +, Griffin RTA, and a Melo 2, I pull for about 5-8 seconds.
I run my Griffin on Claptons 0.5ohm dual coils at 30w with dual LG 3000mah batteries.

Thanks for the advice.

Here's my two cents. I'm poor, if you don't need the cash, give it back.
Since vaping exclusively and off ciggerets, two things have happened.
1. My local kaffie and petrol station has lost a few thousands of rands.
2. I feel I've made a life altering decision and if by some sad luck, there is something harmful to kill me. At least I died making a choice.
I had a gigle at reading this article.

http://www.lung.org/stop-smoking/smoking-facts/myths-and-facts-about-e-cigs.html

Let them monitor the liquids, why hide. We know what's in it.
Kids vaping? Cool. Better that than ciggerets, I started smoking at 10.
Long like the mighty coil and his vapor cloud, may he blanket us in clouds to hide from aseholes. (Vapors prayer, patent pending)

I totally understand, but per puff it's lower.
I have tried 3 /6 MG at Vape Cartel and it hits me hard in my throat.

Where as a hubbly does not.
You get used to it, because the hubbly has a water filter the nicotine is processed in a channeling format, whereas the vape gives you the nicotine direct as you inhale

Throat hitting less, well that will be up to the resistances and ohms you smoke on or- less watts = to produce a smoother, relatively much longer pulls/drags/inhales withouut anyy worry of too much at a time because its slower

2. I feel I've made a life altering decision and if by some sad luck, there is something harmful to kill me. At least I died making a choice.

http://www.lung.org/stop-smoking/smoking-facts/myths-and-facts-about-e-cigs.html

Kids vaping? Cool. Better that than ciggerets, I started smoking at 10.
Long like the mighty coil and his vapor cloud, may he blanket us in clouds to hide from aseholes. (Vapors prayer, patent pending)
WE KNOW WHAT IS IN IT! perfectly said. 4/5 ingredients; D life changing it has been on this discovery too. 3mg nicotine :D

Cool mike you have some awesome gear and an exceptional RTA.
it is always hard to know what type of satisfaction we look for as we are all different but i if you can make a mix with 1.5 go for it but if you can stick to 0MG it is always better. back onto the 1.5MG...it could be a bit week and might just not be what you looking for try taking your watts up by 5 to 10w and see how it goes and what it does for you. look i am no pro at this and am only talking out of experiance and the bit of knowledge i have and would say you are looking for that little tingle behind your throat. 1.5 should get you there.

Kids vaping? Cool. Better that than ciggerets, I started smoking at 10. {My friends of many started at 12.} The taste, the water vapour filling feeling - even holding my breath because it's interestingly new- Vape is thinner than air :D and I bless the environments with extra flavouring to just say how amazing it is - With each emotional drag :::::::::D
LOL based on that article. -> with those 4 ingredients: propylene glycol , flavouring - of food grade quality, vegetable glycerine, and nicotine, and depending on your brand 'distilled water' hahahah That's definitely not containing Carcinogens!?
The 5000 chemicals released from cigarettes, especially of any un-handrolled commercial sort is what I live to vape for! :rofl: vaping saved my life from tobacco :! Hubbly tobacco was still tobacco, just of the wet quantity that had flavouring meant to burn slowly :anyone ever seen the production of hookah flavours?

Cool mike you have some awesome gear and an exceptional RTA.
it is always hard to know what type of satisfaction we look for as we are all different but i if you can make a mix with 1.5 go for it but if you can stick to 0MG it is always better. back onto the 1.5MG...it could be a bit week and might just not be what you looking for try taking your watts up by 5 to 10w and see how it goes and what it does for you. look i am no pro at this and am only talking out of experiance and the bit of knowledge i have and would say you are looking for that little tingle behind your throat. 1.5 should get you there.
Thank you for your advice...

LOL based on that article. -> with those 4 ingredients: propylene glycol , flavouring - of food grade quality, vegetable glycerine, and nicotine, and depending on your brand 'distilled water' hahahah That's definitely not containing Carcinogens!?
The 5000 chemicals released from cigarettes, especially of any un-handrolled commercial sort is what I live to vape for! :rofl: vaping saved my life from tobacco :! Hubbly tobacco was still tobacco, just of the wet quantity that had flavouring meant to burn slowly :anyone ever seen the production of hookah flavours?
I stopped smoking once and got hooked on the hookah. Went through about 10 to 15 sessions a day.
Basically the damn thing had a fresh coal and I had 5 pots ready made waiting to be swapped out every hour.
Got a nasty wet cough about 2 months in and it hurt real bad when coughing.
That's when I decided it's time to start smoking again.

Never seen the production.
Will go YouTube it.

I stopped smoking once and got hooked on the hookah. Went through about 10 to 15 sessions a day.
Basically the damn thing had a fresh coal and I had 5 pots ready made waiting to be swapped out every hour.
Got a nasty wet cough about 2 months in and it hurt real bad when coughing.
That's when I decided it's time to start smoking again.
I keep getting a sore throat and throat infections.
This is why I want to Vape more!

Thank you all for the great advice last night.... :FADDANCING:

Ok so I have been dabbling with both for a while now.
And I do love vaping and I only have 0mg.
But I keep making a hubbly every night and find myself being satisfied.

Now I come to realize I am lacking the small amount of nicotine from the hubbly.

So my question is what is a comparison amount of nicotine a hubbly produces?
I have read it's about 0.5mg to 1mg now most of the juices out there come in 3,6,12 MG.

So is my best bet to buy nic and add per bottle and make my own 0.5 / 1 MG?

Advice would be great thanks.
Hey @MikeVape

I also smoked a lot of hub and f i recall correctly it is .5% nicotine per kg of flavour.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Well as fr as i no with the juice no matter the volume u will have the mg as stated in the bottle.

With the hub u will have to weigh the amount of flavour u pack in a had and do the maths.
If i recall correct in the kilo of flavour there is roughly 50mg nic (.5%mg per 1kg).
If a box of flav is 100g then u sitting with roughly 5mg nic.
Iut of that box u get roughly 10 hubs then just from the flav u are having .5mg per head.(10g of flavour there is .5mg nic). If my maths is incorrect i appologise.
Look that is my understanding and that is pefect world perfect condition application. I am pretty sure real world application will differ.

Well as fr as i no with the juice no matter the volume u will have the mg as stated in the bottle.

With the hub u will have to weigh the amount of flavour u pack in a had and do the maths.
If i recall correct in the kilo of flavour there is roughly 50mg nic (.5%mg per 1kg).
If a box of flav is 100g then u sitting with roughly 5mg nic.
Iut of that box u get roughly 10 hubs then just from the flav u are having .5mg per head.(10g of flavour there is .5mg nic). If my maths is incorrect i appologise.
Look that is my understanding and that is pefect world perfect condition application. I am pretty sure real world application will differ.

That is exactly what I thought.
Thank you for this.

That's why I will dilute mine to maybe 1.5mg or 1mg and see how I go.

That is exactly what I thought.
Thank you for this.

That's why I will dilute mine to maybe 1.5mg or 1mg and see how I go.
Yea man se how it goes.

Personally i dont craving for hub, maybe its a mental battle u need to overcome

Back