Vapefly Manners Pod Kit 650mAh - Review

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Manners Pod Kit 650mAh from Vapefly. The Manners Pod Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Alex from Vapefly.

https://www.vapefly.com/vapefly-Manners-Pod/

Introduction

It seems like Vapefly have been around forever with having such a strong portfolio of quality atomizers which have given them a favourable reputation but they are still in their infancy being formed in 2017 and getting better all the time.

With the all singing all dancing Pod Mods that are still flooding the market the Manners goes back to an Old School simple pod system design for a high nic stealth vape and a device also ideal for the new vaper trying to quit the stinkies.

The Manners is a small pocket friendly device which houses refillable pods with fixed coil heads and leak resistant design. The device can be fired via either draw activation or by pressing the fire button while giving three tier battery status indication. With it's 650mAh internal battery and coming in a choice of 6 colour options let's check this stylishly designed pod device out!

In The Box

Contents:

1 x Manners pod device
1 x 1.4ohm 2ml pod
1 x 1.0ohm 2ml mesh coil pod
1 x User manual
1 x Warranty card
1 x Type-C cable

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The name i assume comes from Gentlemen have manners and this stylish pod system wouldn't look out of place poking out of a suit top pocket but quite rightfully i can hear the feminist outcry as this would look the part within a stylish handbag also, mind mentioning women and handbags in the same sentence might have me lynched by the very same!

It comes packaged in a cardboard box with outer cardboard sleeve with everything within one level in separate compartments, the presentation is very good! I received the Black version, it comes in Black, Deep Red, Blue, Dark Green, Gray or Purple, so a colour to suit most.

One edge is very rounded while the opposite edge has an indented channel which within is a protruding pill shaped button, on both edges towards the top we have a small hole which is for air to enter the pod bay. The Pod meets the device at an angle leaving an angled viewing band with extended vertical viewing slots both front and back. The mouthpiece is inclined which is very stylish and also ergonomic between the lips.

On the front of the device we have an LED for battery status indications and protection alerts then moving to the slanted base we have a type C USB port. We do have a small amount of branding and simple lined design but it's classy looking and the form factor is both extremely stylish and very ergonomic, with it's Aluminium construction it's also very lightweight!

Leather Case & Lanyard

Available separately is a rather nice Leather case with Roped Lanyard in the choice of 3 colours. The device gets fitted with the mouthpiece protruding outside the case and there is a small cut-out which lines up with the indicator light so you can both vape using auto draw while also checking battery status with the device inside the case!

Manners Specs and Features:

Material: Aluminium
Weight: 34.5g
Dimension: 128.7 x 21.5 x 12.5mm
Capacity: 2ml
Battery capacity: 650mAh
Type-C input: 5V 1A
Cartridge:1.4ohm(MTL), 1.0ohm(mesh coil, MTL)
Battery Indicator: Green: >70%, Blue:30%-70%, Red::h:0%
Two types Pod for your selection
Smooth and Fresh Taste for Nicotine Salt E-juice
Draw activated mechanism & manual firing mechanism
Smart Battery Indicator and E-juice Window
Colours: Black, Deep Red, Blue, Dark Green, Gray, Purple

The Pods

You receive 2 different pods both of which have a 2ml capacity and are refillable but each has a different resistant coil head pre-installed which can't be replaced so once the flavour has dropped off past what you personally find acceptable the whole pod needs replacing.

The pod is clear with large Black mouthpiece which has a particularly ergonomic inclined form factor and narrow bore, it especially feels comfortable using the device out of the side of the mouth. The mouthpiece bore comes with a plug fitted which can be tossed or some might want to re-plug the mouthpiece when not in use for hygiene purposes.

On both front and back of the pod we have a protruding vertical rail which slides into the cut-outs of the device when inserting to form viewing windows, we also have an angled viewing band where the pod meets the device and the combination of both i find give good enough visibility of your juice level there is no need to remove the pod to check! Moving to the base we have the central opening which leads to the membrane switch, the 1.4ohm pod has a micro honeycomb filter for even smoother airflow. Either side of the air opening we have the contacts and then to the outside of the contacts we have a magnet each side.

On one edge of the pod we have a Black silicone bung which has an arrow head showing where to lift, once lifted the flap can be rotated to give clear access to the fill port. You need to fill keeping the pod in an horizontal position and although a mess free fill can be done you do need to fill quite slowly else it will be messy, would much prefer top-fill!

The Coils

I know some are under the impression only the 1.0ohm pod has a Mesh coil as it states mesh on the website and doesn't with the the 1.4ohm pod. The pod is a sealed unit so i can't be 100% but i'm pretty sure both pods have a mesh coil installed. This is based on 3 things, the first being just how similar the flavour is from both pods, the second the pods are labelled as M1-1.4ohm and M2-1.0ohm and finally it's the 1.4ohm coil which is pictured on the site showing the micro honeycomb airflow that only this pod has and it quite clearly is showing a mesh coil.

As mentioned the coil heads are sealed within the pod so the whole pod needs replacing rather than just the coil and the 1.4ohm has a honeycomb airflow structure while the 1.0ohm coil is more standard in it's design!

Fitting The Pod

Looking inside the pod bay we can clearly see the membrane switch opening and central Gold plated, spring loaded contacts, we then have a magnet to each side. We can also see a cut-out each side which along with protruding sections on the pod will form viewing windows for your e-liquid. When fitted the pod fits securely with a little bit of play when giving it a wiggle with your fingers but not to the degree where during vaping any movement will be detected, nice neat job!

Operating The Device

The Manners pod device is a simple direct output device which gives the option to use with either draw activation or via the physical fire button. When first attaching the pod the device vibrates and the LED flashes Blue and when removing we get a Red flash of the LED.

The device turns on and off with 5 quick presses of the fire button, either action is confirmed by 5 flashes from the LED which will be in the colour of the current battery status. Once on simply take a draw or use the fire button to fire and that's it! We do have battery status indication which is only 3 tiers but nicely spread out as the following:

Above 70% = Green
30% to 70% = Blue
Below 30% = Red

The Manners also has all the usual safety protections and the LED gives various flashes to give alerts if one kicks in!

Protections:

Over Charge Protection
Short Circuit Protection
Low Voltage Protection
Overheat Protection
Over Discharge Protection

Charging

Great to see a simple device still coming with Type C USB and it does have a 1A max charge rate although it took about 1hour 10mins each time i charged so can barely be charging much over 0.5A in reality, it does support pass-through but the ridiculously short cable barely makes this possible!

How It Vapes? And Thoughts!

The Manners has some very good things about it but also from my own experience is far from perfect. I do like the looks, it is a "Posh Pod", it's light and portable, very ergonomic and the mouthpiece is one of the most comfortable i have used.

Both pods give fantastic flavour easily being a match for the original Caliburn and both are so similar in this regard but the 1.4ohm pod is a looser MTL but noticeably smooth. The 1.0ohm pod gives a slightly more tighter draw and is warmer but pretty much identical when it comes to flavour, this gives a medium to loose MTL, not tight but this is definitely restrictive enough to be classed as a MTL device. I haven't overused the device but both pods have had several fills and the flavour is still all there so no issues with longevity!

For me not being able to replace coils is a con but the good thing with fixed coil pods is they tend to be much more leak resistant and although i admit this has had quite light use it has been used this way for nearly 4 weeks and both the pod bay and underneath the pods have remained bone dry!

Other little things that bug me is needing to remove the pod to fill and it needs to be done quite slowly, also although this is such an ergonomic form factor i don't find the side button more ergonomic as claimed. Being right handed it's not too bad firing with the thumb but then i can't see the LED and to fire with a finger so the LED is facing me so i can check status means bending the wrist and it just feels awkward! Of course you can check the status just with a quick click of the fire button but beware this fires out the gate so it will fire when checking!

Both with auto draw and with the fire button the device fires instantly with impressive ramp up which is even more impressive relative to the Auto draw but it's the Auto Draw that's my biggest con. It does fire out the gate with super ramp up but after about a second it starts cutting out (i was actually sent two devices and it's the same with both). To get any lengthy uninterrupted draw using Auto Draw i need to really suck hard and i want a relaxed vape not one where i have to suck the living daylights out of the device giving myself jaw ache to get a decent lengthy draw, for this reason i have settled on just using the device with the fire button!

Although this is direct output device, drop off is so gradual with such high resistant coils it's barely noticeable and i noticed none at all with the 1.4ohm coil as it's so gradual and slight. The 650mAh battery sounds not much but again with such high resistant coils although i am not going to pretend life is fantastic the device lasts a lot longer than you would think. My final con is that if a device charges slightly over 0.5A manufacturers claim 1A but this is misleading as this is only 650mAh yet takes comfortable over an hour to charge, it does support pass-through but not fit for purpose with the length of the supplied cable!

Elegant design
Ergonomic form factor
Very comfortable mouthpiece
Lightweight, portable
6 colour options
Auto or button draw
Clear pods
Pods come with dust protection plug
Can see e-liquid level without removing pod
Had Zero leaking
Fires out the gate with impressive ramp up
Auto draw fires instantly with the same ramp up (but did have issues see cons)
1.0ohm pod, warm vape, very good favour and smooth-medium to loose MTL
1.4ohm pod, slightly cooler but very smooth, matches flavour- looser MTL
Fit for purpose battery status indication
Device can be turned off
Supports Pass-through

Cons

Auto draw cuts out unless sucking very hard
Can't see LED when firing with button in right hand unless turning and firing with finger which feels awkward
Airflow non-adjustable
Need to replace whole pod rather than just coil
Need to remove pod to fill, filling takes time to be mess free
Charging is barely over 0.5A and takes comfortably over an hour
Ridiculously short cable
Direct output (drop off minimal)

I would once again like to thank Alex from Vapefly for supplying the Manners pod Kit for the purpose of this review, thanks for reading and stay safe!

Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Manners Pod Kit 650mAh from Vapefly. The Manners Pod Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Alex from Vapefly.

Introduction

It seems like Vapefly have been around forever with having such a strong portfolio of quality atomizers which have given them a favourable reputation but they are still in their infancy being formed in 2017 and getting better all the time.

With the all singing all dancing Pod Mods that are still flooding the market the Manners goes back to an Old School simple pod system design for a high nic stealth vape and a device also ideal for the new vaper trying to quit the stinkies.

The Manners is a small pocket friendly device which houses refillable pods with fixed coil heads and leak resistant design. The device can be fired via either draw activation or by pressing the fire button while giving three tier battery status indication. With it's 650mAh internal battery and coming in a choice of 6 colour options let's check this stylishly designed pod device out!

In The Box

Contents:

1 x Manners pod device
1 x 1.4ohm 2ml pod
1 x 1.0ohm 2ml mesh coil pod
1 x User manual
1 x Warranty card
1 x Type-C cable

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The name i assume comes from Gentlemen have manners and this stylish pod system wouldn't look out of place poking out of a suit top pocket but quite rightfully i can hear the feminist outcry as this would look the part within a stylish handbag also, mind mentioning women and handbags in the same sentence might have me lynched by the very same!

It comes packaged in a cardboard box with outer cardboard sleeve with everything within one level in separate compartments, the presentation is very good! I received the Black version, it comes in Black, Deep Red, Blue, Dark Green, Gray or Purple, so a colour to suit most.

One edge is very rounded while the opposite edge has an indented channel which within is a protruding pill shaped button, on both edges towards the top we have a small hole which is for air to enter the pod bay. The Pod meets the device at an angle leaving an angled viewing band with extended vertical viewing slots both front and back. The mouthpiece is inclined which is very stylish and also ergonomic between the lips.

On the front of the device we have an LED for battery status indications and protection alerts then moving to the slanted base we have a type C USB port. We do have a small amount of branding and simple lined design but it's classy looking and the form factor is both extremely stylish and very ergonomic, with it's Aluminium construction it's also very lightweight!

Leather Case & Lanyard

Available separately is a rather nice Leather case with Roped Lanyard in the choice of 3 colours. The device gets fitted with the mouthpiece protruding outside the case and there is a small cut-out which lines up with the indicator light so you can both vape using auto draw while also checking battery status with the device inside the case!

Manners Specs and Features:

Material: Aluminium
Weight: 34.5g
Dimension: 128.7 x 21.5 x 12.5mm
Capacity: 2ml
Battery capacity: 650mAh
Type-C input: 5V 1A
Cartridge:1.4ohm(MTL), 1.0ohm(mesh coil, MTL)
Battery Indicator: Green: >70%, Blue:30%-70%, Red::h:0%
Two types Pod for your selection
Smooth and Fresh Taste for Nicotine Salt E-juice
Draw activated mechanism & manual firing mechanism
Smart Battery Indicator and E-juice Window
Colours: Black, Deep Red, Blue, Dark Green, Gray, Purple

The Pods

You receive 2 different pods both of which have a 2ml capacity and are refillable but each has a different resistant coil head pre-installed which can't be replaced so once the flavour has dropped off past what you personally find acceptable the whole pod needs replacing.

The pod is clear with large Black mouthpiece which has a particularly ergonomic inclined form factor and narrow bore, it especially feels comfortable using the device out of the side of the mouth. The mouthpiece bore comes with a plug fitted which can be tossed or some might want to re-plug the mouthpiece when not in use for hygiene purposes.

On both front and back of the pod we have a protruding vertical rail which slides into the cut-outs of the device when inserting to form viewing windows, we also have an angled viewing band where the pod meets the device and the combination of both i find give good enough visibility of your juice level there is no need to remove the pod to check! Moving to the base we have the central opening which leads to the membrane switch, the 1.4ohm pod has a micro honeycomb filter for even smoother airflow. Either side of the air opening we have the contacts and then to the outside of the contacts we have a magnet each side.

On one edge of the pod we have a Black silicone bung which has an arrow head showing where to lift, once lifted the flap can be rotated to give clear access to the fill port. You need to fill keeping the pod in an horizontal position and although a mess free fill can be done you do need to fill quite slowly else it will be messy, would much prefer top-fill!

The Coils

I know some are under the impression only the 1.0ohm pod has a Mesh coil as it states mesh on the website and doesn't with the the 1.4ohm pod. The pod is a sealed unit so i can't be 100% but i'm pretty sure both pods have a mesh coil installed. This is based on 3 things, the first being just how similar the flavour is from both pods, the second the pods are labelled as M1-1.4ohm and M2-1.0ohm and finally it's the 1.4ohm coil which is pictured on the site showing the micro honeycomb airflow that only this pod has and it quite clearly is showing a mesh coil.

As mentioned the coil heads are sealed within the pod so the whole pod needs replacing rather than just the coil and the 1.4ohm has a honeycomb airflow structure while the 1.0ohm coil is more standard in it's design!

Fitting The Pod

Looking inside the pod bay we can clearly see the membrane switch opening and central Gold plated, spring loaded contacts, we then have a magnet to each side. We can also see a cut-out each side which along with protruding sections on the pod will form viewing windows for your e-liquid. When fitted the pod fits securely with a little bit of play when giving it a wiggle with your fingers but not to the degree where during vaping any movement will be detected, nice neat job!

Operating The Device

The Manners pod device is a simple direct output device which gives the option to use with either draw activation or via the physical fire button. When first attaching the pod the device vibrates and the LED flashes Blue and when removing we get a Red flash of the LED.

The device turns on and off with 5 quick presses of the fire button, either action is confirmed by 5 flashes from the LED which will be in the colour of the current battery status. Once on simply take a draw or use the fire button to fire and that's it! We do have battery status indication which is only 3 tiers but nicely spread out as the following:

Above 70% = Green
30% to 70% = Blue
Below 30% = Red

The Manners also has all the usual safety protections and the LED gives various flashes to give alerts if one kicks in!

Protections:

Over Charge Protection
Short Circuit Protection
Low Voltage Protection
Overheat Protection
Over Discharge Protection

Charging

Great to see a simple device still coming with Type C USB and it does have a 1A max charge rate although it took about 1hour 10mins each time i charged so can barely be charging much over 0.5A in reality, it does support pass-through but the ridiculously short cable barely makes this possible!

How It Vapes? And Thoughts!

The Manners has some very good things about it but also from my own experience is far from perfect. I do like the looks, it is a "Posh Pod", it's light and portable, very ergonomic and the mouthpiece is one of the most comfortable i have used.

Both pods give fantastic flavour easily being a match for the original Caliburn and both are so similar in this regard but the 1.4ohm pod is a looser MTL but noticeably smooth. The 1.0ohm pod gives a slightly more tighter draw and is warmer but pretty much identical when it comes to flavour, this gives a medium to loose MTL, not tight but this is definitely restrictive enough to be classed as a MTL device. I haven't overused the device but both pods have had several fills and the flavour is still all there so no issues with longevity!

For me not being able to replace coils is a con but the good thing with fixed coil pods is they tend to be much more leak resistant and although i admit this has had quite light use it has been used this way for nearly 4 weeks and both the pod bay and underneath the pods have remained bone dry!

Other little things that bug me is needing to remove the pod to fill and it needs to be done quite slowly, also although this is such an ergonomic form factor i don't find the side button more ergonomic as claimed. Being right handed it's not too bad firing with the thumb but then i can't see the LED and to fire with a finger so the LED is facing me so i can check status means bending the wrist and it just feels awkward! Of course you can check the status just with a quick click of the fire button but beware this fires out the gate so it will fire when checking!

Both with auto draw and with the fire button the device fires instantly with impressive ramp up which is even more impressive relative to the Auto draw but it's the Auto Draw that's my biggest con. It does fire out the gate with super ramp up but after about a second it starts cutting out (i was actually sent two devices and it's the same with both). To get any lengthy uninterrupted draw using Auto Draw i need to really suck hard and i want a relaxed vape not one where i have to suck the living daylights out of the device giving myself jaw ache to get a decent lengthy draw, for this reason i have settled on just using the device with the fire button!

Although this is direct output device, drop off is so gradual with such high resistant coils it's barely noticeable and i noticed none at all with the 1.4ohm coil as it's so gradual and slight. The 650mAh battery sounds not much but again with such high resistant coils although i am not going to pretend life is fantastic the device lasts a lot longer than you would think. My final con is that if a device charges slightly over 0.5A manufacturers claim 1A but this is misleading as this is only 650mAh yet takes comfortable over an hour to charge, it does support pass-through but not fit for purpose with the length of the supplied cable!

Elegant design
Ergonomic form factor
Very comfortable mouthpiece
Lightweight, portable
6 colour options
Auto or button draw
Clear pods
Pods come with dust protection plug
Can see e-liquid level without removing pod
Had Zero leaking
Fires out the gate with impressive ramp up
Auto draw fires instantly with the same ramp up (but did have issues see cons)
1.0ohm pod, warm vape, very good favour and smooth-medium to loose MTL
1.4ohm pod, slightly cooler but very smooth, matches flavour- looser MTL
Fit for purpose battery status indication
Device can be turned off
Supports Pass-through

Cons

Auto draw cuts out unless sucking very hard
Can't see LED when firing with button in right hand unless turning and firing with finger which feels awkward
Airflow non-adjustable
Need to replace whole pod rather than just coil
Need to remove pod to fill, filling takes time to be mess free
Charging is barely over 0.5A and takes comfortably over an hour
Ridiculously short cable
Direct output (drop off minimal)

I would once again like to thank Alex from Vapefly for supplying the Manners pod Kit for the purpose of this review, thanks for reading and stay safe!

Back