Vapehaven ....... what's the point?

There will always be a variety of forums on any topic. I used to be admin on one of the world's largest motorsport sites. Of course there were several other motorsport sites and members would periodically switch from one to the other. So we'd ban a poster for abuse on our site and he'd go register on another site and say how glad he is that he's finally found a site he likes and what a POS our site is. Then a poster on that site would get into a furious row with someone, would toss his toys and come over to our site. Some members were fiercely loyal to one site, others would register and post on several.

There was also the belief among many posters that the admins of the different sites were sworn enemies and fought constantly for market share. The truth is that we just rolled our eyes and laughed at the "forum wars". It mattered a whole lot more to some members than it did to us.

This, too, is the free market. Only having one vaping site wouldn't be a free market, it would be communistic central control. So one should just let the market settle into whatever pattern it chooses imo. If okes want to post here, fine. If okes want to post elsewhere, equally fine. There are options and everybody can choose what they want.

I agree wholeheartedly - considering the origins, and the role it could play for people who have had unfortunate encounter on eciggssa - I think it should remain just where it is. The last thing we want is someone going back to stinkies because they don't have a vape fam. The idea of one big happy family is a disney fantasy.

lol, I did not even know Vape Haven existed.

Often such things happen in communities. People dislike the way certain things are done for whatever reason and then a few others feel the same, they move on and create another community. Seldom that other community takes off though.

Took a brief look at their forums and seems as if there are a few members who are active on both sites. I personally wouldn't waste my time by creating an account over there. Everyone has a choice and if they choose not to join this forum then so be it.

However I do believe you will stumble upon this forum easier thank Vape Haven, so majority of the vape n00bs looking for something like this will find eciggsa before they find Vape Haven. It is a far more attractive forum and the people here I am sure will be a lot more welcoming too.

Back