VapeOwave - Retailer Reviews

Viper_SA

https://www.tiktok.com/@tinus_viper?lang=en
LV

Awards
So, yesterday I got my first ever vape mail from VapeOwave. Sad to say it will be my last. I put in a smallish order because it was my first time buying from them. 6 rolls of 10m Kanthal A1 and two little tool thingys with lots of different bits. One for me and one for a colleague who also like taking stuff apart. Order showed up, and just my luck. One tool thingy has 3 bits missing. Spent and hour comparing the two sets to figure out what was missing, emailed them with a photo to inform them of the issue.

Got a reply via email the next day stating that unless I am close to their local branch, it will be difficult to send me the right bits because their are so many. Got offered a R30 credit. No thanks guys. With the sudden demise of the Rand's value, and so many options for retailers, people will be thinking twice about where they spend their money and on what. If you can't even offer to return/replace a R69 item for customer satisfaction, you won't get my support again.

You have good pricing on the Kanthal A1, but with this sort of service I'd rather pay double and get a smile with a correct order from the many other retailers who sell Kanthal.

As a last comment I'd like to add that, many of us use couriers precisely because we are not in "civilization". Double check orders before they go out.

Ohh man, I'm not placing any orders if something so small can go wrong.

Someone missed the bus. :X

Ive had a similar experience with the replacement of a faulty evic vt bought from them. Its been a month now and im still waiting on a replacement, refund or something.

Oh boy, and a second email offering me R20 credit after someone else already offered me R30. Some communication would be beneficial.

Last edited:
Can't complain too much about Vapeowave.

Had some noob questions that were answered well and quickly by them. So I ordered my stock and it arrived the next day, all in good working condition, nice and fast too!

Only complaint I do have is that I had the option of black and silver. When adding to your cart you don't get to choose, so after some corespondence they confirmed that I must just send them a email telling me which I want when I placed my order. I did this, only to receive silver (instead of the black I asked for).

I sent them an email mentioning this. It's not a big deal, but I have still not had a reply which bugs me a bit. There are quite a few options of who I buy from online, and little things like this can make a difference.

Mmmmm..... @Vapeowave ?

I put in an order on the 21st and it still shows "Processing" on the site, yet you claim orders will be finalized and shipped within 12 hours. Come on guys. If you want people to reorder from you, you should step up your game. You haven't even answered my pm yet from yesterday.
If my order is not finalized and shipped today, then I feel I cannot order from you again. Seems I have to stick to the older, trusted vendors that have proven themselves over the years.
Reading up on the previous comments in this thread, I fear this will be my last order from you. Not cool guys, not cool.

I am really disgusted at this stage. This vendor has not been on the forum since Saturday and nowhere on their site or the forum did they inform anyone that they won't be available over Christmas. I already made payment (stupid me) for an order that I'll probably only get in January if I'm lucky. I ordered on the 21st and it still shows "Processing" on the site, yet they claim processing will take only 12 hours.
I've run out of juice and nicotine, so I can't even make juice for myself. I ordered PG and nicotine well in advance while I still had some left. Now I've run out.
I'm in the Vaal Triangle so the vendors with proper ejuice are too far for me to drive and buy juice.
I will never buy from this vendor again. I'm going to try and have that payment reversed. I've never been so disappointed by a vendor. It's pathetic.
I tried all the phone numbers listed on their site, even the mobile ones, nothing. No answer. No service from them.

//end rant

Last edited:
Try the contacts from hdcabling.co.za they're the same guess apparently.

They were around Monday, I placed an order and got it Tuesday.

I just want my money back so I can order from a proper vendor.

I just want my money back so I can order from a proper vendor.
You know it seems that the online options for vape stuff are quite good for us. When other retailers are throwing in little free goodies with orders, but @Vapeowave doesn't even seem interested in your other concerns, they're going to lose out big time.

It's a pity too, 'cause they have a really nice selection.

Last edited:
Just adding my experience with Vape-O-Wave thus far:

I have ordered from them twice:

Order 1: Ordered some flavour concentrates - all noted as TFA/TPA. No different to the concentrates I usually get at from Valley Vapour. Delivery was quick, got the right stuff. Only gripe was that it came in those 10ml glass bottles and I prefer the plastic ones for DIY.

Order 2: Ordered some flavour concentrates together with 100ml of 3.6% Nicotine suspended in VG. Flavour concentrates were again on par, however, I used the nicotine last night (standing for 1.5 months in the same place as my nicotine from Sky Blue [had sky blue nic for about 3 months already]) and it was terrible. My juice turned orange immediately and after giving the nicotine a wiff, it smelled as peppery as a mexican food stall. The nicotine itself is not discoloured though (just slightly yellowish - same as Sky Blue and Valley Vapour). I'm nervous to vape this juice (previous times I made this specific recipe it took over a week before it slightly started changing colour. I also ordered some VG, of which I have absolutely no problems with.

Maybe I just got a bad batch, wondering if any of you have used the nic from Vape-O-Wave and can compare it to other venders.

Boom, where has customer service gone...

I should've read this earlier this week. Waiting for nic and flavours to arrive and now I'm worried.

It's absolutely shocking that in a flourishing market like this, there are actually suppliers giving anything less that excellent customer service, I mean there's so many available suppliers that if you don't leave your customers with an overwhelming sense of satisfaction, you can be assured that they will move on to another supplier. This is just bad business sense from them, in my humble opinion... just my 2:2c:

Order 1: Ordered some flavour concentrates - all noted as TFA/TPA. No different to the concentrates I usually get at from Valley Vapour. Delivery was quick, got the right stuff. Only gripe was that it came in those 10ml glass bottles and I prefer the plastic ones for DIY.

Order 2: Ordered some flavour concentrates together with 100ml of 3.6% Nicotine suspended in VG. Flavour concentrates were again on par, however, I used the nicotine last night (standing for 1.5 months in the same place as my nicotine from Sky Blue [had sky blue nic for about 3 months already]) and it was terrible. My juice turned orange immediately and after giving the nicotine a wiff, it smelled as peppery as a mexican food stall. The nicotine itself is not discoloured though (just slightly yellowish - same as Sky Blue and Valley Vapour). I'm nervous to vape this juice (previous times I made this specific recipe it took over a week before it slightly started changing colour. I also ordered some VG, of which I have absolutely no problems with.

Maybe I just got a bad batch, wondering if any of you have used the nic from Vape-O-Wave and can compare it to other venders.
Peppery nic is the first sign that its going bad from what I've heard. AND if you say the juice is turning orange immediately , I say chuck it out. A R130.00 loss is a lot better than the damage it may do health wise.

in saying that , my last 4 orders of nic from vapeowave were fine. Didn't experience any funny taste / colour change. What I did notice though is that their nic compared to a previous vendors didn't give me as much of a kick as I would have liked. Even at 24 mg , nothing

Peppery nic is the first sign that its going bad from what I've heard. AND if you say the juice is turning orange immediately , I say chuck it out. A R130.00 loss is a lot better than the damage it may do health wise.

in saying that , my last 4 orders of nic from vapeowave were fine. Didn't experience any funny taste / colour change. What I did notice though is that their nic compared to a previous vendors didn't give me as much of a kick as I would have liked. Even at 24 mg , nothing

I would have no issues chucking the juice, only problem is its 150ml :eek:
The nic is definitely going down the drain!

If you arent getting the same kick, it can only mean that it's diluted.

I am not one to bash a vender, just have serious issues with substandard stuff. Especially when it can cost me my health.

Had an issue this week where some bottles didn't arrive with the rest of my order. One email & all was sorted & my bottles are on their way now.

I'm very happy with the service though. Wish they would at least respond to the guys that got let down though.

I would have no issues chucking the juice, only problem is its 150ml :eek:
The nic is definitely going down the drain!

If you arent getting the same kick, it can only mean that it's diluted.

I am not one to bash a vender, just have serious issues with substandard stuff. Especially when it can cost me my health.
My assumption too but seeing as that's all it is(my assumption) , it should not be taken as a concrete claim that they are diluting the liquids.

Mmmmm..... @Vapeowave ?

I put in an order on the 21st and it still shows "Processing" on the site, yet you claim orders will be finalized and shipped within 12 hours. Come on guys. If you want people to reorder from you, you should step up your game. You haven't even answered my pm yet from yesterday.
If my order is not finalized and shipped today, then I feel I cannot order from you again. Seems I have to stick to the older, trusted vendors that have proven themselves over the years.
Reading up on the previous comments in this thread, I fear this will be my last order from you. Not cool guys, not cool.

Hi Zadiac,

Not too sure what your online user name is for the order that was placed online, on our T&C's we process and send orders wit in 48-72 hours delivered depending where you are, December we did inform all clients that had placed orders that orders will be submitted within 12 business hours to couriers after payments received and banked, alot of vendors has experience fake pop's lately aswell as all 4 stores we run, we have a average of 40 to 100 parcels leaving the stores daily.
December had a few delays with stores being busy and December couriers run time schedules that we don't really have control over
im sure communication was sent out to you, i do recall we had a problem with 3 orders out of a whole lot that did go out on time, once again i do apologize for the inconvenience.
We also closed down for a few days during the Christmas period so staff can also have a break and spend time with there loved ones over the festive period.
just on a light note we have made some changes this year and hoping to make more, changes made we have employed more staff members and sourcing alternative couriers, although we have been by fast way for the last 6 years of business there has only been a 5%-7% poor service over the last 6years from there side, making a move to a new courier company is some what of a task.

Concerning the Not replying to your PM we don't have any staff members monitoring the forum, please if any things comes up please drop us a mail @ info@vapeowave.co.za for a quick reply.

its mostly appreciated to have feedback over things where improvement can be made and i do appreciate it even if its negative so improvements can be made.
im not based at the store and don't always deal with clients, but when im at the store and i do find time to interact with each and every client and we do note the suggestions and try make the changes for the best, in every business there is alot more going on in the back ground that is not noticed on the front end, just as all the vendors we are here to help and make a success out of any business being small or big, this market is still new to us and i can tell you it can be very demanding and time consuming business but we trying our best to get past all the speed bumps that might pop up going forward.

Best Regards
Vapeowave Team

I am really disgusted at this stage. This vendor has not been on the forum since Saturday and nowhere on their site or the forum did they inform anyone that they won't be available over Christmas. I already made payment (stupid me) for an order that I'll probably only get in January if I'm lucky. I ordered on the 21st and it still shows "Processing" on the site, yet they claim processing will take only 12 hours.
I've run out of juice and nicotine, so I can't even make juice for myself. I ordered PG and nicotine well in advance while I still had some left. Now I've run out.
I'm in the Vaal Triangle so the vendors with proper ejuice are too far for me to drive and buy juice.
I will never buy from this vendor again. I'm going to try and have that payment reversed. I've never been so disappointed by a vendor. It's pathetic.
I tried all the phone numbers listed on their site, even the mobile ones, nothing. No answer. No service from them.

//end rant

Hi Zadiac,

Please see previous reply to your posts,do apologies but the stores was closed during this period, the store had tried calling you on the 23rd but had no luck getting hold of you, there was also a mail sent.

You know it seems that the online options for vape stuff are quite good for us. When other retailers are throwing in little free goodies with orders, but @Vapeowave doesn't even seem interested in your other concerns, they're going to lose out big time.

It's a pity too, 'cause they have a really nice selection.

Hi Stosta,

Thanks for your post, as mentioned prior to this reply suggestions is a good thing thanks, we are trying to keep prices as low as possible for each and everyone on our flavor selection, hardware is prity much same as market retail value as there is not much to make on hardware if you trying to keep by all the bigger retailers, if i move the pricing up i will be able to send each and every client a free goodie no problem at all.

Hi Stosta,

Thanks for your post, as mentioned prior to this reply suggestions is a good thing thanks, we are trying to keep prices as low as possible for each and everyone on our flavor selection, hardware is prity much same as market retail value as there is not much to make on hardware if you trying to keep by all the bigger retailers, if i move the pricing up i will be able to send each and every client a free goodie no problem at all.
I think you may have misunderstood me. I'm not saying I need free goodies with my orders, I'm just pointing out that I received the wrong colour unit, and despite bringing it to your attention via email as well as on this forum, I have had zero feedback or even an acknowledgement at all.

As I have said previously, it's not a big deal, and those Evods still got me off the stinkies! But some communication would have been great.

Good luck with the new year, hope your changes bring you loads of profits!

Hi Caspian,

Thanks for you post, sorry to hear about the nicotine, this is strange out of the whole batch we have not had any problems as per the above as i also do DIY and been using the same batch with no funny results at all or difference in juice
concerning the peppery smell i have done some research as i too have had a question some time ago concerning a faint smell and found that it can also be found or called as "a wet dog smell", a week or 2 later the client advised all is good and the nic is on par again and now purchases this in bulk by us, research done and found that its got to do with natural oxidation of nicotine with O2 and or compound base its diluted with and how fresh the nic is and has breathed yet "just a short description explained" i will question this with the suppliers in the USA for answers for you, please drop me a mail at info@vapeowave.co.za on further study to what you experiencing and if no luck with results let sort you out maybe send you a new batch or something

Best Regards

Hi Khan83,

Thanks for being a positive fellow vaper, Big ups bro, please drop me a mail at info@vapeowave.co.za so we can chat, as far as i understand the lab that the nic is diluted in is on exactly 36mg per 100ml, it come to us in a much higher mg per mil level and is diluted to 36mg locally never under a 36mg per ml.

Best Regards

I should've read this earlier this week. Waiting for nic and flavours to arrive and now I'm worried.
Hi Picautomation,

There should not be any worry at all, everything is on standard, i personally use it in my DIY and i have not had any bad experiences and many happy clients, the above is the 1st of its kind, so i will follow up on this and do more tests from my side, i do generally ask our DIYers for some feedback and honestly it all has been positive feedback thus far, amoung many posts concerning our start up and DIY selection the guys had put in some trust and alot of work but as far as i can tell according to the feedback i get everyone is happy chappies the only bad experience i have is i wish i was a better mixologist and i could create me some lovely juices :) big ups for all the lovely DIY juices i have tasted on my vape journey some really good good juices can be found locally

Best Regards

Back