Vaping and beards

Do you have a beard?

• Total voters
I'm rocking a 4 month beard with a 7 month vape habit, why? because I can. :)
Waking up in the middle of the night because you rolled over and your face hit a cold patch on the pillow is also a thing of the past.

I haven't shaved clean in 4years.....and I've been vaping for 4years. Consequence? I don't know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think beards are particularly condusive to vaping. I always get the dripping moustache after a toke.

I do like to let my vape cascade out of my mouth and into my beard, I then shake my head and my beard looks like it's on fire! This is often met with scornful looks from the wife, you have been warned...

Been a Beardo for around 3 years now and I've been Vaping for around 18-19 months and I do think I mix better beard oil then vape juice so I guess I'm a beardo first

Shave em off

I am known for HUGE side burns. And an Afro. I am not kidding. The Fro is toned down to just a vague mess and the 'burns kept back these days though. So I went more clean since starting to vape. I have always swam against the current looooool

Yup, I am clean shaven and keep it that way :) Just bodes well in corporate.
I also cannot grow a proper beard as I have alopecia areata, so I look like a 2 bit beggar with my extremely patchy beard in a suit everyday :)
Oh wow is that what it is called? Same here so I rocked the 'burns for YEARS.

Oh wow is that what it is called? Same here so I rocked the 'burns for YEARS.

A patchy beard and alopecia are not necessarily related.
Alopecia hits the face and head. There are distinct circles that are a different color pigment and no hair growth at all.

All these years and there still is no cure... So yes, the burns are the substitute :)

If you really have alopecia, you should get it checked out by a dermatologist before it gets worse. You can suppress it, you just can't cure it.

I'm another bearded vaper. Had the beard for 10 years or so therefore not related to vaping. No hair on the top of my head though ....

I tend to grow a Goatee and have it for a month or so then shave it off then I'll shave for a week and then grow it again.. I don't like being clean shaven, but I start to get irritated once the goatee gets some length. I also hate sweating when bearded so I really sukkel to do the Movember thing in the heat of summer.

Bearded before I vaped! Have a beard now for almost 5years, different lengths but always bearded! It's an art to keep a proper beard in shape! :pesas:

Beards have been my thing more years than not for upwards of 50 years, but mostly kept well trimmed. Although I also did allow both to go wild when for a special upcoming something, like a rock festival or the mountain man rendezvous I planned to attend from the early 70's until 2004 dressed in my persona leathers, gewgaws and foofarraw. A qualifier... my hair color is catching up with the near snow white beard, but I will never be bald. Another qualifier... I've been an out and about in the wee hours of the night person only for some years now. My barber is not open at night, so with no haircuts for about 2 years I could easily pass for the hippie friends I had from the mid 60's. I was never a hippie, but played lead guitar and later keyboards in bands so had somewhat longer than normal hair from the late 50's to mid 90's except during the Vietnam days. This was the longest my hair has ever been (twice as long as in 2004), but I still kept a trimmed beard. Last week I'd had enough of the hair and it came off. So back to normal (if anything about me could ever be called normal). :rolleyes: The "since" (but this is not a current picture).

spyeras.jpg

Difficult one. Sometimes I have a beard, sometimes not. :confused:

I think....therefor I am... And I vape... Oh yea and I have a goatee...therefor I am Awesome !!

I'm not a beard person per se but sometimes I forget to shave for a month at a time.
I know it's time to shave when I get the irritation going on or when my son pulls on my beard.
My motto on shaving is simple: is it annoying me? If yes then the next question: Do I have time?
If 2 yes then shave.

Good thread.
I too wondered about the bierded vape connection.
If I think about it I first grew a beard after I first started to vape, coincidence? I know not. Lately I tend to grow the beard in September to have a good beard for my wife's b day.. she loves it. And occasionally again if my daughter asks me for a daddy beard. However I do not think I could ever live with it permenantly as there always comes a day when I just have to get it off.

I cant believe I'm about to say this but, I just think its a hipster thing... we vaped before it was cool lol. Hipsters and beards... well, nuff said.

Although, I too was born with an overdose of hair where I often cannot decide whether to wash myself with soap or shampoo. So I have a beard because:
a. Too lazy to shave everyday
b. I had to give up my Razor budget for a Vape Budget
c. It is publicly decent to stroke a beard while thinking, rather than some other body part.

Think this is the best explanation lol

Back