Vaping creates a "slime cloak" in your mouth

I must've missed it then. Please post the link here.
You know...I always also read between the lines along with the scientific research. It may be solid but sometimes theres a catch..like this one:

"...and logging cognitive and psychological data on an accompanying app." (from the next article)

WHY would they need this extra information about you?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And remember...that same science can prove that even scrambled eggs are bad for you.

https://www.pcrm.org/news/blog/new-study-finds-eggs-will-break-your-heart

Attachments

• BZQ5.gif
    BZQ5.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
https://futurism.com/neoscope/vaping-creates-slime-cloak-mouth-scientists
28 May 2020

"THIS IS THE FASTEST CHANGE [TO THE ORAL MICROBIOME] TO A HUMAN BEHAVIOR THAT WE HAVE OBSERVED SO FAR."

It turns out that vaping can wreak havoc on your oral microbiome, the ecosystem of beneficial bacteria that live in your mouth.

Doctors analyzing plaque taken from the mouths of regular vapers found that their microbiomes had become “pathogen-rich,” Inverse reports, and that the bacteria had started to rapidly produce a layer of slime.

That horrifyingly-named “slime cloak” threatens the healthy bacteria that you want to live in your mouth while making it easier for disease-causing bacteria to latch on. As a result, the plaque samples from vapers in the study were as bad as those of patients with the severe gum disease periodontitis, according to research published Wednesday in the journal Science Advances.

“Most importantly, these changes happen within three to 12 months of vaping,” Ohio State University periodontist Purnima Kumar told Inverse. “This is the fastest change [to the oral microbiome] to a human behavior that we have observed so far, [including] diet, antibiotic use, smoking, [and] hookah.”

The slime cloaks themselves can form in just 24 hours, Kumar found.

It’s troubling news for heavy-use vapers, but it’s difficult to know what the long-term health impacts of this microbiome disruption will be, Inverse reports. Like with other experiments on e-cigarettes, the findings are so new that it’s difficult to extrapolate into the future.

“Vaping can potentially induce a whole host of different diseases than what we have been used to seeing with smoking because of the different inflammatory signals and their intensities,” Kumar told Inverse. “It is possible that our immune system will respond to it in ways we do not know and result in diseases that we have not commonly seen in the mouth.”

I think the problem with the ridiculous amount of scientific information/consequences out there these days is that politicians are crossing that fine line between freedom and control by using it as an excuse to dictate our choices. The last 66 days clearly proves it.

What's that smell? like Bovine having a crap!

I have been vaping this for a month now. THERE IS NO F!@#@! MOUTH SLIME

images_0003_lis_cool-mint-1l-bty_ft-juno.png

People making a living by trying to find fault with everything in existence...
Focusing on two or three cons and ignoring all the pros.
Well good for them for earning their pay cheques but what will be left of life if we have to cut everything out of life that is "Bad" or can kill us.
Lets stop sitting on chairs because they can also kill us...

it does raise the question, Does vaping sweet juices have an effect on your dental health?

it does raise the question, Does vaping sweet juices have an effect on your dental health?

I am pretty sure sugar and sugar alcohols like PG/VG isn't good for your teeth.

I think vaping probably has some negative effects on the mouth and teeth
Especially if you vaping all the time and vaping a lot

But

If it’s between vaping and smoking I think there is no contest
Vaping wins in my book

Ladies and gentlemen, please stop contradicting findings published in credible and most trustworthy publications such as science mag, rooi rose, huisgenoot and people magazine. These publications demand the highest degree of fact checking and will not publish anything not extensively supported by common opinion and verified by dumbbook. These people googled and studied for hours, even day's, to become scientists and it is an insult to their efforts and esteem when the grossly uninformed question the legitimacy of their findings.

Regards

Back