Vaping Economics: Total monthly cost with vaping

Then there's the issue of this forum. Most people here are not your average vaper. This forum, imo, represents the hobbyists and extremists with regards to vaping.

Agreed on this point @Spyro

I writ a longer reply that included 3 links. (Of course) being a new member I cannot link even once. But sadly, in trying to go to the options for posting, I was informed of the problem and the entire text was deleted. So here's a much shorter summary.

This thread has been used as 'data' for a 'study' titled:

Potential revenue from taxing e-cigarettes and comparison of annual costs of daily e-cigarette use versus daily cigarette smoking among South African adults.

@u16218435 New vapers tend to buy just one mod, but then you need to try many different flavours to find your go-to juice - and that is expensive. Unfortunately, you will lose money since some juice which you buy you may not like.

If you know other vapers it will help a lot, as you can try some of their juice.

Eventually you will narrow your likes down to a particular flavour profile (category) e.g.
Bakery/Desserts
Fruit with Ice
Fruit without Ice
Tobacco
Mint/Menthol

On the other hand, experienced vapers have found their favourite flavours, or at least their favourite flavour profile, which means that their cost of juice is not as high as when they started vaping, BUT they then start buying more mods!

It's not a question of how much others spend on vaping, but on what each individual can afford.

Cost is subjective as everything in life, I was spending a lot on smokes, so I used that budget to move over to vaping. But now I regularly spend more because this has become a hobby more than a smoke replacement. It's exactly like @Hooked said, you have to find you profile, get a mod and slowly build up a collection. While this is happening you bliksem head first into a rabbit hole, and being a hobbiest by now, you don't climb, no boet you bloody dig!!! :facepalm:

Back