Vaping in thailand

Well this is a bit unsettling, seeing as my flight is in a few hours.
I'm not going to Bangkok though and plan to only vape in the hotels.
I honestly can't decide if it's worth it to take it with me in my check in bag.
I would personally take something "disposable" in my carry-on, and just do your best to declare it on your way over, possibly even stopping in at customs as you land.

A Thai prison would not be a nice way to spend Christmas day.

If I do go I will take vape gear... maybe not my expensive stuff but I would certainly take something...
My thoughts too. Take the penguin in check in bag, perhaps an old ego style for the stop over. Thanks for the feedback Rob.

howzit all

Fortunate enoughf to be going to thailand for 10 days next year april ...

Problem is i hear vaping is banned ? Is this true ?

Annyone been the latley ?

@morras
The following is from my thread

https://www.ecigssa.co.za/vaping-in-different-countries.t45129/#post-614114

THAILAND - 15 Aug. 2017

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel...arettes-use-bangkok-holidays-uk-a7893981.html

In November 2014, Thailand approved legislation outlawing the import of e-cigarettes into the country. This has since been expanded to the export as well as sale of e-smoking devices and equipment. Although it is common to see people vaping in Thailand offenders are technically breaking the law as possession is illegal.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand/local-laws-and-customs
Undated

"You can’t bring vaporisers (like e-cigarettes and e-baraku) or refills into Thailand. These items are likely to be confiscated and you could be fined or sent to prison for up to 10 years if convicted. The sale or supply of e-cigarettes and similar devices is also banned and you could face a heavy fine or up to 5 years imprisonment if found guilty. Several British Nationals have been arrested for possession of vaporisers and e-cigarettes."

I have not been yet but was told by a work mate that he takes no vaping gear with him as they can be quite ruthless at customs but two blocks out of the terminal there is a Vape shop.

Will be going early next year as we have two aircraft there so will find out first hand.

I have not been yet but was told by a work mate that he takes no vaping gear with him as they can be quite ruthless at customs but two blocks out of the terminal there is a Vape shop.

Will be going early next year as we have two aircraft there so will find out first hand.

@RayDeny A British woman is on Death Row in a Thai prison for bringing drugs into the country. Hope they don't re-define vaping as drugs. Just saying ... Let us know if all goes well. If we don't hear from you ...

My mate just returned from a holiday in Thailand and there is no question that Thailand is not for vapers... there are big signs in the airport saying electronic cigarettes are not allowed. So Thailand is off my list of places to visit again. They can kiss my ass! Smokers everywhere and ecigs not allowed! How bloody moronic! :-@

I'm back, made it. I saw very few others who used ecigs around Thailand, although I only spent 1 day in mainland, rest on the islands. I mostly vaped at the hotel and in bars that seemed ok. Used my penguin which is quite small and stealthy. Strange thing was, on my flight from Samui to Phuket, the lady asked to remove all batteries etc (including ecigs) from our luggage and put it in our hand luggage, so I complied, and asked her about the ecig, she just said, yes put it in your hand luggage. Also, penguin was in my backpack as hand luggage through security etc.

I am however not convinced that it's 100% safe to walk around the and just vape wherever you want.

My mate just returned from a holiday in Thailand and there is no question that Thailand is not for vapers... there are big signs in the airport saying electronic cigarettes are not allowed. So Thailand is off my list of places to visit again. They can kiss my ass! Smokers everywhere and ecigs not allowed! How bloody moronic! :-@
I agree on this @Rob Fisher - Thailand can go suck my d, im not visiting it. Was planning to go this year - but my money will go elsewhere.

@morras i was in Thailand in september and had this same conversation and questions.
Vaping is banned in Thailand.
However, i packed 1 mod and tank and about 10 bottles of 50ml juice. some cotton and tweezers just in case.
I vaped at the hotels. sat outside the room and vaped. At the hotels where i wasnt on the ground floor i sat on the balcony and vaped.
this is what you need to do.
seperate your mod and tank/rda and pack it in your carry on luggage. i kept a set of batteries in a hard case(this is required. must be transported safely) in my carry on and a 50ml juice.
i packed 9 x 50ml bottles in my check in luggage along with 2 sets of batteries each in its own hard case.
key with juice is to not have bottles bigger than 50ml.
no vaping at the airports.
I had no issues at all carrying my vape gear and wasnt stopped once.

i did see 1 person vaping inside his shop in Phuket but nowhere else.
koh samui i saw another cape town fellow on the balcony next to mine vaping away same as me. when i see the police do their ritualistic morning patrol over the hotel premises i just stopped vaping and conitnued when he was gone. no staff ever told i couldnt do it.
Bangkok i saw a guy vaping on the streets. but again only one.

mostly i think vaping isnt very big that side and you wont find a vape shop anywhere so dont bank on buying anything there.

hope this helps bud...

Hi All

Going to Thailand this year. Has the view on vaping changed over the years?

While electronic cigarettes, or e-cigarettes, are used around the world to help people quit smoking, visitors to Thailand should be aware that these devices are illegal in Thailand.

Back