Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Hi all

Something that has interested me for quite some time is how some people (like myself) prefer different vaping styles at different times of the day.

For example, first thing in the mornings I just cannot do lung hits. I have to start with mouth to lung. Big lung hits just dont feel right. I need my coffee first and most times some breakfast, before "gentle" lung hits can be enjoyed.

Later in the day from about mid-morning on, anything goes

And I generally find higher power lung hits more enjoyable in the evenings.

Not sure why this is the case, but it's interesting.

Have you noticed any preference for various vaping styles at different times of the day?

image.jpg

Last edited:
I tend to do lung hits through out the day, but mtl just never did it for me. However as the day goes on the clouds get much bigger. I usually have an rda with a 510 driptip next to my bed for the mornings(I can't do wide bore early), but it gets left at home and the goon / troll goes to work with the wide bore. By the time I get home I can use my higher pg juices and really wide caps. So yeah, throughout the day, only my airflow increases, but it's always lung hits

I don't do MTL. So that part of my "style" remains the same all day and all night... long slow full direct lung hits.

Since dripping in total darkness is literally a "shot in the dark" that can easily fail, I mostly only drip in the day time or at my computer desk at night. Main gear used during the darkest hours is Reos and other mech/regulated mods that use RTA's, but that gear is also mixed in with my rotations during the day.

My individual rotations can be from 3-6 different setups vaped together, and the rotations can change from 0-4 times in a 24 hour period. I pretty much vape all the time day and night in a dimly lit/dark environment.

As for the DIY's I vape, what is in my rotations is whatever my flavor whim's are at the time. IOW I'll vape any of my DIY's at any time day or night, so none are specific to anything but my whims. Being more and more a creature of the night for many years now I tend to develop and mix my DIY's during the wee hours of night. The wee's are also the only time when I go out and about in this 24/7/365 city that never sleeps.

No particular pattern for me, I try whatever... whenever.

I definitely noticed that lung hits are a bit much in the morning, but usually give them a good stretch and it disappears relatively fast.

For me it's all about what particular flavour I'm craving, and just use whatever device or build that I have found suited to that flavour. Sometimes it's a nice menthol MTL, sometimes a creamy pudding at high wattage.

My style has changed over time... and it's now pretty much lung hints 24/7. Billet Box's with Exocet's! When I want flavour supreme I will use the Skyline or NarTa on an Phantom.
BBSKYNar.JPG

I agree @Silver especially mornings I cannot lung hits. It's like u need to wake up properly or have mtl before a lung hit. Coffee does help or maybe some sort of liquid before a lung hit.

Back