Vapor Giant

I estimate this to be a 30mm diameter tank?

I love the look and obviously great engineering but the price, eisch! However, the capacity of 7.5ml does make it very tempting...

Regards

It is indeed 30mm ... What mod to put this on???

Intaste is a great vendor. Used to order loads there, even if was just within my home base, Germany. Most often the parcel arrived next day. Sadly, TPD screwed it up, nowadays i find myself not looking for anything. Waiting for the newer stock, with the CE rating that is compulsory....

Gesendet von meinem FRD-L09 mit Tapatalk

Right... I have been after an RDA that has a small chamber like is found in the flavour 22mm RTA's but with a bigger juice capacity... I also want perfect engineering like the Skyline and Vapor Giant Mini... I also want flavour of note... also no leaking whatsoever... I want a single coil... I also want it to look good... I also demand a standard 510... well enter the Vapor Giant Medium! It seems to tick all the boxes so let's build it shall we! 3mm Fused Clapton from @RiaanRed coming in at 0.55Ω and firing at 30 watts. First few minutes and I think we have a Chicken Dinner of note! More later after I have had a relationship with it!
VGMedium01.JPG VGMedium02.JPG VGMedium03.JPG VGMedium04.JPG VGMedium05.JPG VGMedium06.JPG VGMedium07.JPG VGMedium08.JPG VGMedium09.JPG VGMedium10.JPG

OK the tank is awesome so far so time to bring out the Viking Mythos to host the Vapor Giant Medium!
MythosVG1.JPG MythosVG2.JPG MythosVG3.JPG MythosVG5.JPG

Recieved mine yesterday. Will report back once I have spent some time with it. So far I can say that it is a very good looking tank and that it definately feels like a well made tank.

Recieved mine yesterday. Will report back once I have spent some time with it. So far I can say that it is a very good looking tank and that it definately feels like a well made tank.

It's bloody brilliant! Same flavor as my Mini but with eight thousand tons more juice! :b1:

20170801_140552.jpg
20170801_141109.jpg
20170801_141238.jpg

Did exactly as asked Mr @Rob Fisher

First thoughts on this tank:

So so SO sexy. Love the way it looks, the finish and machine work is difficult to describe, you can really see and feel the quality of the work.

Building on the old school deck was not difficult but it made the installation of fused claptons more of a challenge. I foresee that if I were to try and put a decent Alien coil in here that getting it to sit under the screws may be a bit of a mission.

I wish the juice wells were a little bit bigger but no dry hits yet so we shall see over time if I am just being picky.

I really hope I don't break the glass as no spare was provided, a pity that at the high price of this tank that this was not included.

I put Panama in as requested and it does taste great in this tank, BUT its not the best flavor tank I have used. ( Disclaimer: First impression ) That being said it is also not the worst flavor tank I have ever used... Close to a single coil build on a Serpent 24.

With the 3mm Coil installed the air flow is a very restricted DL. I like this and it does not bother me.

7.5ml Juice capacity is awesome!!! I hate having to refill all the time and extending my "range" with this amount of juice is great. I think the little bit of juice that will be left at the bottom as it wont make it to the juice holes wont be a problem for my ADV but changing flavors may be a problem as there will always be a little bit of juice at the bottom.

I absolutely love this tank so far. Even the logo on the tank and drip tip is of the finest quality.

Even though I find some flaws in the design I can't help but already love this tank. Will see how it goes over the next couple of weeks and how the experience changes once it has seen a lot more action and another build or two.

First thoughts verdict : Sexy AF

100% @Rooigevaar! Is it the best flavour tank in my arsenal? No it's not... is it on my top 5? Yes it is. Is it awesome to go out with because of it's juice capacity? Big time! Am I going to sell this one? Nope. ;-) Does it leak? Not a chance... German engineering! Does it look good? Sexy AF!

@robfisher hussar or evl2 ? I can get the the hussar single coil for $175 CDN I'm confused as which one to get

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

@robfisher hussar or evl2 ? I can get the the hussar single coil for $175 CDN I'm confused as which one to get

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say uncle @Rob Fisher will say EVL reaper 2. I follow all his threads and currently the EVL is king of flavor in his books

I messaged evl a few times and he always replied I like that. But so many ppl say hussar is King of flavor.. so as usual I'm confused.. I want a backup for the skyline..

I messaged evl a few times and he always replied I like that. But so many ppl say hussar is King of flavor.. so as usual I'm confused.. I want a backup for the skyline..

It's all subjective my man. Each person will have a different opinion on what's the "best". I love the look and engineering on the Skyline, as well as the deck, I love the juice flow control on the Hussar and it looks amazing with the steam tuners tower tank, I love the simplicity of the evl. There is no perfect tank, it's what's perfect for you, choose what you like, all these tanks mentioned have pros and cons and for me personally the Skyline has more pros that's why I'll stick with it. For example people loved the Hadaly, I just couldn't get along with it, I mean if you ask me I'll say Skyline, whereas @Rob Fisher may say EVL, and your sources say the Hussar. Try them if you can, if not, watch some reviews, take notes of what you like and dislike about each and weigh it down from there. While I haven't tried all of them, I'm pretty certain with the same build and wattage in all of them, the flavor difference won't be all that different, maybe a tad bit but definitely not a night and day difference, where the difference will come in is, for example maybe 1 will shine with menthols, 1 with desserts, 1 with fruity juices, then it's the build quality, which I'm sure they all score high marks in, the design of each, how user friendly they are, what's the most convenient to fill, etc. Base your decision on that I'd say

At the end of the day any of these RTA's would be a good back up for a Skyline which if I could only have one I would choose first.

The EVL Reaper has fantastic flavour and with the extended tank has great juice capacity... however getting the wicking right to stop the leaking is a bit of a mission... but I alternate in believing this and the Skyline are the tops for flavour.

I loved the Hussar in the beginning and bought lots of accessories for it and I have a couple of them... then I got one that leaked and was put off in a big way... it turned out that they had installed the wrong (new) O-Rings and they eventually sent me replacements but by then I had moved on... I really should grab an HUssar out the cabinet and give it a go again.

The Vapor Giant Mini is well worth a look at and while the Reaper beats it with flavour the perfect German Engineering of the Vapor Giant makes it a really good option. No leaking at all, easy top fill, easy build and wicking and very good flavour.

If you are after flavour and leaking and difficult wicking options don't worry you then the Reaper... if you want a trouble free vape and very good flavour then the Vapor Giant.

Quick update. Yesterday I changed to a standard clapton coil. Wicked it slightly differently and there it is! Flavour is great! Loving this tank more and more with every passing puff. Not even a hint of a leak so far.

Also not sure if I said this before but it is one Goood looking tank :p

Quick update. Yesterday I changed to a standard clapton coil. Wicked it slightly differently and there it is! Flavour is great! Loving this tank more and more with every passing puff. Not even a hint of a leak so far.

Also not sure if I said this before but it is one Goood looking tank :p

Lol, I love how we say our tanks and mods are "good looking"
Non vapers probably think we are crazy.
Something only vapers will understand

Thinking of getting 1 of these to try out. U kind of sold me with no leaking. It is very hard for me to put my skylines down at this point, but I am after 1 more RTA. Either 1 more skyline or this. Ur thoughts Uncle Rob.

Thinking of getting 1 of these to try out. U kind of sold me with no leaking. It is very hard for me to put my skylines down at this point, but I am after 1 more RTA. Either 1 more skyline or this. Ur thoughts Uncle Rob.

Another Skyline @Ash! At the end of the day the Skyline produces the flavour with no leaking and despite the limited juice capacity and the pain of closing the juice flow opening the top and then filling and then opening the juice flow again it's still the best RTA in my arsenal.

But I will continue to use my Vapor Giant Mini because the flavour is pretty good and the juice capacity and no leaking as well makes it a great tank. However there is one big drawback for you and I with it... it's slightly bigger than 22mm so it won't fit the CLZ-X or Meraki V2.

As soon as I get my 3rd Skyline I'm sending it to Europe to have this done to it!
20294441_883799945109078_5189873568542916126_n.jpg

Another Skyline @Ash! At the end of the day the Skyline produces the flavour with no leaking and despite the limited juice capacity and the pain of closing the juice flow opening the top and then filling and then opening the juice flow again it's still the best RTA in my arsenal.

But I will continue to use my Vapor Giant Mini because the flavour is pretty good and the juice capacity and no leaking as well makes it a great tank. However there is one big drawback for you and I with it... it's slightly bigger than 22mm so it won't fit the CLZ-X or Meraki V2.

As soon as I get my 3rd Skyline I'm sending it to Europe to have this done to it!
View attachment 103351

When you told me about this, I knew it would look good, but seeing it makes it WOW. Will look great on your meraki. Another skyline it is.

When you told me about this, I knew it would look good, but seeing it makes it WOW. Will look great on your meraki. Another skyline it is.

I just have to wait till the end of August when the next batch will be ready! :oops:

Am wondering why they cant make a Skyline with a bit of a bigger juice capacity?
Would be wonderful

Maybe it would interfere with the flavour or something else - not sure

When In Taste Germany got in stock of the limited edition Gold and Gold/Grey Vapor Giant V4 Mini's I shot to the web site but the all gold had already gone... but at least I got a Gold/Grey! The finish on the tank is spectacular! A real piece of art.

OK let's build it with a 3mm Fused Clapton from @RiaanRed and wick it with Royal Wick and then fill it up with XXX from @Oupa!

VGGoldGrey 002.JPG VGGoldGrey 003.JPG VGGoldGrey 004.JPG VGGoldGrey 005.JPG VGGoldGrey 006.JPG VGGoldGrey 009.JPG VGGoldGrey 012.JPG VGGoldGrey 013.JPG VGGoldGrey 014.JPG

OK not a fan of the big drip tip and I remembed I have a real gold tip from @hands that I use on one of my Skylines... let's try that... Oh yes baby... much better!
VGGoldGrey 015.JPG VGGoldGrey 017.JPG

Last edited:
Back