Vaporesso Cascade One/One Plus - Starter Kit Review

daniel craig

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
Whilst box mods are favored amongst most vapers, there will always be a place in the market for a good tube mod. If you’re a lover of vape pens, then Vaporesso has your back with the Vaporesso Cascade One and One Plus which features their new Cascade tank that gives you the option of using either mesh or CCell ceramic coil heads.

Vaporesso-1-2.jpg

The key difference between the two is that the Vaporesso Cascade One is powered by a 1800mAh internal battery and has a 3.5ml tank whilst the Cascade One Plus is powered by a powerful 3000mAh battery with a 5ml tank. What sets this pen device apart from other similar devices is that these have 2A quick charging. These devices can be charged in 1 hour (Cascade One) or 1.5 hours (Cascade One Plus) which is a big PRO.

Specs:
specs1 .jpg

Kit Contents:
specs.jpg

Vaporesso-1-4.jpg

Design:

At first glance, this kit looks like it has far too many removable parts to be considered a ‘simple’ to use device. The tank alone can be stripped down into 6 parts which consists of: Drip tip, Top fill cap, Glass tube, Isolation Component, coil head, base. Despite its many parts, this device is still extremely simple to use. Vaporesso has done an excellent job on the build quality of this device! Not a single rattle can be heard when the device is shaken. The threads on both devices are extremely smooth and screwing back the individual components is an easy task.

Vaporesso offers 6 colour options which include: Silver, Blue, Black, Rainbow, Gold and Shiny Gold. These devices have a smooth metallic finish which looks like it may scratch easily if throw around a lot. So far, with normal usage and proper care, the paint on mine has no sign of peeling. The device feels solid and neatly machined. Every component slips into place easily and leaves no gaps between the connections.

Like other pen devices, the Cascade One and One Plus has only a single button which is highlighted by an LED Surrounding it which indicates your battery life and is activated when you press the button.

Vaporesso-1-3.jpg

Using the device:

The Cascade Kits come equipped with Vaporesso’s OMNI Board chip which ensures safety features such as short circuit protection, low battery/voltage protection and a whole lot more making it a perfect beginner device.

The aim of this device was to cater for new vapers or vapers just looking for a great carry-around device and so simplicity was very important for this device to be effective. Due to this, there is only a single button on the device with no screen or wattage control. The only thing that a user must do is charge the device, insert a coil, refill the device, and vape.

The Cascade tank has a construction which is different from other tanks. It has an isolation chamber which you don’t see in other brands atomizers.
upload_2018-6-23_3-14-56.png

According to Vaporesso, this Separate coil and juice chamber allows for consistent and intense flavor whilst extending the coils life and reducing the chances of a dry hit.

To me, this system does work effectively in reducing dry hits since your tank may look empty, but there is still juice below the isolation chamber keeping the coil soaked. Other devices like the SMOK Pens do not have this system and so, the whole wick will not stay soaked unless you keep tilting the device therefore, when your tank is empty, it is highly likely that you will get a dry hit. On the Cascade tank, the isolation component fits onto the coil head and allows juice to pass through the sides ensuring that the entire coil head is submerged in juice. This system is well thought of and a big pro.

The firing button on the device protrudes about a millimeter from the battery and is clicky with no rattle at all. The OMNI Board on these devices do seem to be superior compared to other device. As soon as you press the button, you can hear the coil heat up almost instantly. I would say that the delay is probably around 0.1 second which is barely noticeable unless you watch out for it. When you’re vaping, you won’t even notice this delay at all.

Both the Cascade One and One Plus Kits use a “direct output voltage system” which means that the power output depends on the charge of the battery. When fully charged, the Cascade tanks operate at their best because the power output is at its maximum and as the battery depletes, the vape gets weaker due to the lower power output.

Flavor and Performance:

Included with these kits, you get 2 coil heads; One is a GT-Mesh Coil head with a resistance of 0.18Ω and the other is a CCell 2 coil head with a resistance of 0.3Ω.

Vaporesso-1-5.jpg

Going back to the Subtank era, CCell coils were very troublesome and often suffered from airlock issues. I had my fair share of dry hits and frustration and back then and wasn’t too keen to test out the CCell coil heads. After testing out the CCell2 coil heads, I can confirm that dry hits and airlock issues are a thing of the past!

From what I have experienced, the CCell2 coil head seems to be better suited for fruit and cool/menthol kind of flavors. It seems to deliver a more cleaner kind of vape. The flavor with this coil head was not too bad at all. It is most certainly not the best I had but still better than I had expected.

Vaporesso-1-6.jpg

Recently, mesh coil heads have started becoming a trend and company’s such as Eleaf and SMOK have also come up with their own mesh coil heads.

The GT-Mesh coil in the Cascade is excellent! I vape bakery/desserts and this coil head, paired with a dessert flavor is a match made in heaven. These coil heads give a warmer, denser kind of vape compared to the CCell2. I would go as far as saying that the Cascade tank with the GT-Mesh coil head (using a bakery/dessert flavor) beats every other sub-ohm tank I have tried. Keep in mind that I was using a bakery flavor in mine and so your experience may differ if you were to use fruity flavors. I would say that the mesh coils aren’t really suited for fruits/menthols. They favor bakery and dessert type of juices. The SMOK Stick Prince Kit which has the TFV12 Prince (using SMOK’s included coils) does not come close to the flavor that the Cascade with the mesh coil produced using the same juice. I am still yet to test out SMOK’s and Eleaf’s mesh coil heads, but I will at some point.

What makes these mesh coils so much better than standard coil heads is that the mesh has much more surface area. With other coil heads, heat is concentrated in one area therefore mesh coils, which have a larger surface area, distribute heat more evenly across its surface, ensuring that you get a warm, saturated and dense flavor.

Pros:
  • Excellent build quality and finish
  • No rattles
  • 2A Fast Charging
  • Smooth airflow
  • Isolation Component (Reduces chances of dry hits; Extends coil life span)
  • Includes 2 coil heads which are suited for different flavors (Mesh for Bakery/dessert/Candy; CCell2 for fruits/menthols/beverage)
  • Excellent flavor
  • No sign of leaking present

Cons:
  • No spare glass included
  • Direct Output Voltage System (I would’ve preferred a constant output on the One Plus; The 2A charging makes charging on the go possible and the 3000mah capacity is good enough to compensate)
  • Does not include a 2A adapter so you will need one to benefit from its 2A charge capability.
  • Not as stylish as other pens devices in the same category.
  • Not very different from other pens.

Who is this device for?

The Cascade One and One Plus kits are best suited for a Direct Lung vaping style. The tank is quite airy and just won’t be any good for Mouth-to-lung vapers. As a beginner device, the Cascade One and One Plus is a good choice. There really isn’t much to fiddle with on these devices which reduces the chances of something going wrong. Both kits have 2A Fast charging so it all comes down to which size you prefer. That said, if you already have a pen device, there is no need to go out and get these. In my opinion, it is the tank that makes this kit attractive.

Vaporesso-1-7.jpg

Attachments

• Vaporesso-1-2.jpg
    Vaporesso-1-2.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 3
Back