Vaporesso Gemini CCell wonders and blunders

Jakey

Reonaut ;)
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Hi all. So I got this tank a few days ago, reverting to commercial coils for the first time in a year, the 0.5ohm coil was installed, primed it, filled her up with some smackaroon and........ WOW!!!! Clean, crisp flavour. Every juice ive tried in this tank has really come through well in terms of flavour.

Its a 3ml tank so needs to be refilled fairly quickly, but who cares right, the vapes just that good.

Heres where my problems come in though. After finishing my first tank I refilled..... This somehow created an airlock which only partially opening the topfill rectified. Dry hit after dry hit forced me to put in a new 0.9ohm kanthal coil. No dry hits since. I found that closing off all the airflow as well as closing off the juice flow control when refilling prevented the airlock issue.

Pure bliss.......?

Not yet........

I seem to get some leakage out of the bottom airflow after refilling.. So I can deal with tgat right? Sure..... But whats pissing me off is the constant gurgle im getting, every damn time. A bit of spitback too.

Am I the only one?

Switch to the 0.9Ω cCell... after the 0.5Ω or 0.8Ω has been in the Gemini tank for some obscure reason I haven't been able to work out the "airlock" problem occurs... just release the top refill till you see bubbles and leave it there... the tank will fix itself over time... both my Gemini's are flying at full tilt again and happiness has been restored to the world!

Gemini Tank back in front!
Gemini 001.JPG

Look for a thread called ceramic tank wars by none other than master Fisher. Should explain a few issues that you are having.

@Christos Ive been partially active on that thread. Just found it a bit tough to filter out everything CCell specific. Think the main thing im looking for is a solution to gurgling. But will have a look again, thank you :)

Hi @Jakey
I had same problem but just open up top cap clean out top cap. Then stick some tissue down the chimney and wipe it.
Once that's done use your juice flow control and only leave it slightly open like 1-2 mm gap. You should be smiling after a few toots.

So I don't want to start a new thread as this has possibly been discussed elsewhere (like somewhere in the ceramic coils thread) so adding it here...

I bought myself a Gemini cCell tank, read about all horrible experiences with the 0.5ohm coils so I used the spare 0.6 coil that came with the tank... and it sucks, my 3rd pull was a dry hit (and that was after priming the coil and letting it sit in the tank for 40min and then only using it with about 26watts!). So, I know I need to find some 0.9 coils but was wondering, just for the interim, can I use Melo/iJust2 coils in this tank? I have 0.3 coils for my Melo III and they look just about the same to me (naked eye-wise anyway).

Thoughts?

So I don't want to start a new thread as this has possibly been discussed elsewhere (like somewhere in the ceramic coils thread) so adding it here...

I bought myself a Gemini cCell tank, read about all horrible experiences with the 0.5ohm coils so I used the spare 0.6 coil that came with the tank... and it sucks, my 3rd pull was a dry hit (and that was after priming the coil and letting it sit in the tank for 40min and then only using it with about 26watts!). So, I know I need to find some 0.9 coils but was wondering, just for the interim, can I use Melo/iJust2 coils in this tank? I have 0.3 coils for my Melo III and they look just about the same to me (naked eye-wise anyway).

Thoughts?

Hi bud. Ive read people use the ccell coils on the i just and mello so im sure you could use the others on the gemini.

Hi bud. Ive read people use the ccell coils on the i just and mello so im sure you could use the others on the gemini.
Ya that's why Im thinking I might be able to but just thought I best make sure... don't want to damage the threads or something if there is a minute difference, etc.

@mildly.inked the only ceramic coil to use is the 0.9 Ohm cCell Kanthal Coil... and they need to be from the new batch.
http://www.sirvape.co.za/products/vaporesso-ccell-coil-ceramic

Vaporesso have done huge damage to the ceramic coil moment with their dud coils.... however getting the decent 0.9 coils changes everything... I pretty much vape on them all day.

The Melo III mini and standard do in deed take the cCell coil so there is no reason not to expect the Melo coils not fitting in the Gemini.

Just a note on your Gemini tank... leave the juice cape slightly loose as the Gemini suffers from an airlock issue... when you take a long vape make sure you see bubbles coming from the coil as it re wicks... that may also be your issue with the coils that came with the tank because they do work to a degree and your problem may just be the airlock problem.

@mildly.inked the only ceramic coil to use is the 0.9 Ohm cCell Kanthal Coil... and they need to be from the new batch.
http://www.sirvape.co.za/products/vaporesso-ccell-coil-ceramic

Vaporesso have done huge damage to the ceramic coil moment with their dud coils.... however getting the decent 0.9 coils changes everything... I pretty much vape on them all day.

The Melo III mini and standard do in deed take the cCell coil so there is no reason not to expect the Melo coils not fitting in the Gemini.

Just a note on your Gemini tank... leave the juice cape slightly loose as the Gemini suffers from an airlock issue... when you take a long vape make sure you see bubbles coming from the coil as it re wicks... that may also be your issue with the coils that came with the tank because they do work to a degree and your problem may just be the airlock problem.

Thanks for the info @Rob Fisher, will check for the airlock issue and see if that helps with the included coils otherwise I will try a Melo III coil while I wait for some proper 0.9 coils.

If it wasn't for the leaking, I'd like the Gemini tanks better than I do. I missed out on the air lock issues with my black Gemini by replacing the factory installed coil with a .9 cCell as soon as I took it out of the box. It's never suffered an air lock, never given a dry hit. So it's only downfall has been the occasional leaking. No idea on the SS Gemini tank yet though, have not even bothered to open the package yet. I've liked the 3 Target tanks better having no issues at all with any of them. But now the Melo III/III Mini tanks, may overtake my Targets around here for running the .9 cCells in.

@Jakey after suffering with the dud .9 coils I got my hands on some 0.5 ccell coils, going to give it a try little later. Will keep you posted.

Its weird hey. Seems like alongside the dud coil issue, that the tanks design itself is a bit off. Theres been two coils which work perfectly in my target tank, but when transferred to the gemini I get dry hits / airlock issues. When put back in the target they dont work properly anymore. Is it possible that the design / threading on my tank is messing up my coils completely? Or that the crap coils messed my tank up? My first coil worked wonders, since then ive been through 17 coils which have not worked. @Spydro @Christos @Rob Fisher

Its weird hey. Seems like alongside the dud coil issue, that the tanks design itself is a bit off. Theres been two coils which work perfectly in my target tank, but when transferred to the gemini I get dry hits / airlock issues. When put back in the target they dont work properly anymore. Is it possible that the design / threading on my tank is messing up my coils completely? Or that the crap coils messed my tank up? My first coil worked wonders, since then ive been through 17 coils which have not worked. @Spydro @Christos @Rob Fisher

The Gemini has an airlock issue but if you leave the top juice cap slightly open it is 100% fine... I have been through many many tanks with the 0.9 Kanthal Coil without an issue... of course getting a 4ml Melo III tank is the real answer.

I dont know what's up with the vapereso stuff. I have the gemini tank too i had the airlock issue with the coils it came with so i bought 0.9 and first coil i popped in perfect. About 2 days ago i popped in the 2nd 0.9 and boom airlock issue. But if you only close the top cap slightly then no more airlock problem. But ive kept all my coils.

I think uncle @Rob Fisher can solve this mystery for us.
Uncle rob do you have any coils still which you say were duds?
Can you maybe pop them in your melo 3 and see how they work?
I think this way we can see if its the coils or the crap gear.

I dont know what's up with the vapereso stuff. I have the gemini tank too i had the airlock issue with the coils it came with so i bought 0.9 and first coil i popped in perfect. About 2 days ago i popped in the 2nd 0.9 and boom airlock issue. But if you only close the top cap slightly then no more airlock problem. But ive kept all my coils.

I think uncle @Rob Fisher can solve this mystery for us.
Uncle rob do you have any coils still which you say were duds?
Can you maybe pop them in your melo 3 and see how they work?
I think this way we can see if its the coils or the crap gear.

I tossed all my duds... I had a packet full of cCells, atom and some others... but every time I looked at the bag of wasted cash it annoyed the crap out of me to I just tossed them! None of my current stock of cCells are dud... but if I get one I will try it in the Melo but a dud is a dud is a dud methinks...

I tossed all my duds... I had a packet full of cCells, atom and some others... but every time I looked at the bag of wasted cash it annoyed the crap out of me to I just tossed them! None of my current stock of cCells are dud... but if I get one I will try it in the Melo but a dud is a dud is a dud methinks...

And any of the coils that came with the gemini tank- the 0.5 etc

I only used the atom g ceramic for the crown. Sorry I don't have experience with the Gemini or target.

The Gemini has an airlock issue but if you leave the top juice cap slightly open it is 100% fine... I have been through many many tanks with the 0.9 Kanthal Coil without an issue... of course getting a 4ml Melo III tank is the real answer.
It does work fine but somehow I find that with the top cap open the airflow just isnt the same, I also fine a slight difference in flavour. So..... This melo III tank. Who has em in stock? Hows the flavour compared to the gemini? And are you sure about this one? Haha.

It does work fine but somehow I find that with the top cap open the airflow just isnt the same, I also fine a slight difference in flavour. So..... This melo III tank. Who has em in stock? Hows the flavour compared to the gemini? And are you sure about this one? Haha.

Had a little search early on and as far as i can remeber vaperite has them and vape club.
But im gonna wait a while before i jump the gun.

Im really enjoying the serpent mini i already ordered a 2nd for my other mod.
Its the smoothest vape ive had on a rta. Almost as smooth as a ccell i would say.

The flavour is just as good as either the Target or Gemini and while it's only been a few days with the Melo III I think it's the best of the bunch apart from the juice dump I had with my second Melo III 4ml... but I think I didn't have the coil in 100% because after cleaning and reseating it it's been spot on ever since.

Haven't checked other vendors but I got mine from @Sir Vape.

http://www.sirvape.co.za/products/eleaf-melo-3-tank

Back