Vaporesso GEN - Loose 510 Pin FIX

Just a thought. I would try putting a very thin leather washer between the attomiser and mod or a thin "O" ring which I am pretty sure would stop the rocking without opening the device. The washer or "O" ring must seat the outside diameter of the attomiser. Even a attomiser heat sink might work if you don't mind the extra height. If anyone tries this, would love to know if it works. My 510 connector is still secure.

I've also had the same problem on my Gen purchased last year in June. I think it is a Gen S. The message displayed on the screen is "check atomizer", and this message would appear with any atomizer attached. All atomizers work on my other mods. Is this the same message/symptom experienced by the previous posters on this thread? Would an epoxy fix as per the above posts solve this particular issue?

I've also had the same problem on my Gen purchased last year in June. I think it is a Gen S. The message displayed on the screen is "check atomizer", and this message would appear with any atomizer attached. All atomizers work on my other mods. Is this the same message/symptom experienced by the previous posters on this thread? Would an epoxy fix as per the above posts solve this particular issue?

That's not the same issue I'm afraid.

Your 510 connector on your mod is either clogged up, (try cleaning it out with alcohol and a clean cloth), or;

Your 510 connector center pin in jammed down, also caused from juice spills. (try the same as above, and if alcohol and cleaning doesn't resolve it, open the unit and push the center pin back lightly), or;

the wire(s) have broken off the 510 connector, (if so, resolder them); or;

Your mod pcb has expired and gone to mod heaven, (prayer may help?)

That's not the same issue I'm afraid.

Your 510 connector on your mod is either clogged up, (try cleaning it out with alcohol and a clean cloth), or;

Your 510 connector center pin in jammed down, also caused from juice spills. (try the same as above, and if alcohol and cleaning doesn't resolve it, open the unit and push the center pin back lightly), or;

the wire(s) have broken off the 510 connector, (if so, resolder them); or;

Your mod pcb has expired and gone to mod heaven, (prayer may help?)
Thank you for this reply. I will start with the cleaning of the pin. My screen provides all the relevant info such as battery strength, wattage etc, but as I push the fire button this is replaced with the "check atomizer" message.
Appreciate the advice.

Thank you for this reply. I will start with the cleaning of the pin. My screen provides all the relevant info such as battery strength, wattage etc, but as I push the fire button this is replaced with the "check atomizer" message.
Appreciate the advice.

It's about a 99% certainty that it's the 510 connector that has a "stuck" center connector, however if none of the above resolves your issue, (including prayer), then it's probably the large square thermistor at the top of the board that would be my next go-to ;)

If cleaning the pin don't work, next I would open it to check if everything is still in place and take it from there.

It's about a 99% certainty that it's the 510 connector that has a "stuck" center connector, however if none of the above resolves your issue, (including prayer), then it's probably the large square thermistor at the top of the board that would be my next go-to ;)

Thank you @Intuthu Kagesi. I opened up the unit. The pin seems to move when pushed in. So I assume it's that grey square thermistor you referred to. Can that be replaced?

Thank you @Intuthu Kagesi. I opened up the unit. The pin seems to move when pushed in. So I assume it's that grey square thermistor you referred to. Can that be replaced?

Hi Birkie,
It can be replaced, however I'd check it with a multimeter before simply going ahead and replacing it ... PM me if you'd like me to have a peek at it.

I bought a second hand Gen and only picked up after I bought it the 510 was loose. I am guessing that the guy using it was using an RBA and the pressure of wiggling the top cover on and off the RBA exerted a lot of stress on the 510. My solution is an "O" ring and it is firm with it in place.20210129_115957.jpg 20210129_120241.jpg

I bought a second hand Gen and only picked up after I bought it the 510 was loose. I am guessing that the guy using it was using an RBA and the pressure of wiggling the top cover on and off the RBA exerted a lot of stress on the 510. My solution is an "O" ring and it is firm with it in place.View attachment 220836 View attachment 220837
Nice fix, now it should be water tight aswell

Back