Very harsh bitter flavour.

Aaah . so its the old school twisp and not the new models

Those were a bit hit and miss at times.

This I thought of as a rookie mistake.. so I primed a new coil and it still has the issue...
Do you have another coil and a different juice to test with ?

Also perhaps rinsing the tank out in some hot water could help. Remove from battery and remove the coil before you rinse it out

@shaunnadan yes. . I have 5 coils with the start up pack.. got two of everything. . Batteries, tank, three chargers, it's a good kit.. I have started from scratch and had athe same issue with the other set up.. I am thinking it's the liquid so will try a new liquid tomorrow and go from there.. just seems strange no one else has had the same issues.. hope this thread will help others if they come across the same problem.. will definitely update as and when I get results. . Just a pointer to others I drink vast amounts of coffee maybe 10 /15 cups a day.. grounded coffee and I might try a day or two off the coffee and see if that makes a difference... but I think giving up coffee might be harder than the smokes

@shaunnadan yes. . I have 5 coils with the start up pack.. got two of everything. . Batteries, tank, three chargers, it's a good kit.. I have started from scratch and had athe same issue with the other set up.. I am thinking it's the liquid so will try a new liquid tomorrow and go from there.. just seems strange no one else has had the same issues.. hope this thread will help others if they come across the same problem.. will definitely update as and when I get results. . Just a pointer to others I drink vast amounts of coffee maybe 10 /15 cups a day.. grounded coffee and I might try a day or two off the coffee and see if that makes a difference... but I think giving up coffee might be harder than the smokes

lol, I'd give up vaping long before I ever quit the coffee.

Yep @Alex that might be a step to far

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Coffee is good for you :)

Don't try quitting too many things at once, your body will be going through a lot of stress already with trying to cope without all the fun stuff that it's used to getting from cigarettes. Take it slow ;)

Do you have another coil and a different juice to test with ?

Also perhaps rinsing the tank out in some hot water could help. Remove from battery and remove the coil before you rinse it out

A good cleaning might be needed. I noticed many people simply just change the coil or the juice when they want to. I used to find that the burnt taste of a dead coil or the previous liquid flavour lingered in an atty so I used to take my Clearos apart, rinse them in hot water and let them and the coils soam overnight when I go to bed. In the morning I would rinse them out and dry them, put in a freak coil and leave the soaked one to dry. Then rotate those the next morning. Coils lasted months and didn't have issues with taste.

That being said, Twisp juices where out of my budget so Vapour Mountain juices really worked in the Clearos at an awesome price. Personally, I'd say they tasted better in the Clearo than Twisp juices.

What's that @Noddy ???

What about vapor's tongue?
Usually, I found that flavours might get muted or boring after a while, sometimes to a point where I dont really taste much bit haven't experienced a flavour going bitter and timeliness was after 3 weeks, never after a week.

What's that @Noddy ???

Its where you get so used to the taste of something that it starts to fade away. Normally when vaping we tend to rotate juices, vape plain VG, mouthwash regularly to prevent this

I used to manage a call centre years ago, would have at least 8 cups of coffee a day. Decided it was too much and I just stopped.

Now I have maybe 3 cups of coffee a month and only when I go out somewhere

Try the following , maybe it could help

Charge up a battery fully
Rinse the tank out , I use hot water from the tap and dry with some paper towel
Fill up with a different juice and then prime the new coil with a few drop of juice on the wicks on the side and in the middle under that rubber cap (don't flood it)
Leave it to settle for a few min
Take a few pulls without firing to get the juice flowing up the wick (just to be safe)
Take a few pulls by gently pressing the fire button , not too long

Then

Fire away !

If this fails then it needs to be thrown off the mountain , lol

Hi @Nick ,
I started with the twisp clearo. used it for a week then I gave it to my father in law who uses it occasionally now.

My experience was that after a week's use i needed something that was:
Cheaper to operate - I used a lot of twisp juice and it was damn pricey
Battery life was crap - I wanted something that i didnt have to recharge 4 times a day ( i had the dual kit and a single battery would last me 2 hours)
Bigger tank capacity - I hated filling the twisp every 30 minutes
Something that didnt leak in my pocket
Something that vaped consistently.

So my prognosis is a sad one if these are some of your requirements (and they may not be).
I was serious about stopping smoking so I HAD to buy a bigger and better device. In hindsight I did waste a lot of money with twisp devices (and many other devices) but they were useful to introduce me to vaping and also to see what vaping is not.

I was after convenience and great flavour and sadly the twisp in my opinion is not geared towards that. (their flavour is not bad but im comparing to a dripping attomiser)

The good news is that when you see vapemob you will see that most of the devices are cheaper than twisp and the juices are cheaper and you will get a fresh perspective of what is actually possible.

I dont live in Cape Town but im sure they will let you "test drive" a few devices and let you sample many many flavours!

PS. I started with 18mg nicotine and I used that for a very long time in some of the inferior devices. Im currently on 3mg nicotine as 6mg (which was preferred level a week ago) now makes me buzz like a fridge.

Thanks @Christos appreciate the feed back.. I feel I need to visit a good vape shop and run a few tests☺I am pretty adamant at the moment that I want a more sleek pen like device but that's just newbie talk I suppose. . Looking forward to the journey...

Thanks @Christos appreciate the feed back.. I feel I need to visit a good vape shop and run a few tests☺I am pretty adamant at the moment that I want a more sleek pen like device but that's just newbie talk I suppose. . Looking forward to the journey...

No Problem at all.
There are devices that are smaller than a box of cigarettes.
They can become larger based on what tank you put ontop.

Its all a trade off VS battery life/ Filling frequency and portability. You have to decide what it is that is most important to you and live with the other annoyances. (there are solutions that cater to minimal tradeoffs but they are pricey / and or bulky)

Pen devices have some drawbacks in my opinion - they tend to fall over easily and the glass usually breaks and if placed down sideways they tend to leak.

I only own box mods for the above reason and I have 5 box mods that i have used for the past 1 to 1/2 years.

I keep a device in the car and rarely cary it around with me. I go vape in my car. I do however have one of these https://www.vapemob.co.za/product/vice-m4-tactical-mod-holster/
that I use when i go hiking or for walks with the family but since purchasing my latest mod (which i wouldn't recommend to a new vaper) it fits nicely in my back pocket with no extrusions.

Thanks again.. sorry so many questions.. so let's say I go with a box and a larger tank... but still want something smaller is there anything?. I have seen some of the boxes on websites and you need two hands to hold them what would you recommend.

I recently held a kanger subbox mini and it was impressively small.
The istick 30w was also on my to buy list but when i went to buy it I struggled to find stock (this was march this year so I doubt you will have issues).

These are regulated devices that allow you to adjust the wattage depending on how you like your vape i.e nice cool vape or hot or something is burning in my mouth taste.
They also show you the battery life which is nice.
The kanger subbox mini has a interchangeable battery so you could buy 3 batteries and change them out when its flat etc but this does add additional expenses because you would need a battery and a charger along with the purchase of the device.

Im not against pen like devices, everybody has their preferences, im just after practical devices :D

Honestly, those 2 devices I would buy but never did. I had dual battery box mods which were quite large but i could get through a day before having to recharge.

Currently I am using mechanical mods which have no circuitry. You cannot adjust the wattage and you cant see when the battery is going to go flat. You do however have control over the resistance that you build your coil so you build your coil to get the desired wattage. As for the flat battery, on a regulated device it will always fire at the set wattage whereas a mechanical mod deteriorates over time as the voltage of the battery drains.

The plus side to mechanical mods is that you could drop them in the ocean and they would work after a good clean and possibly a battery change :D

I do however recommend you stay away from mech mods until vaping becomes an obsession and you know what you are doing. You have to be careful with the battery ratings and the builds you do otherwise you could have a battery explode or catch fire etc etc.

Perhaps somebody with an Istick or subbox or any other small'ish device could add their input. I think that clearo tank is 1ml and i like 5ml tanks :D

There are 3ml tanks and 2ml tanks a well. You will have to chose something that looks good and feels right but going to a store is still the best bet.

Thanks again.. sorry so many questions.. so let's say I go with a box and a larger tank... but still want something smaller is there anything?. I have seen some of the boxes on websites and you need two hands to hold them what would you recommend.

Hi Nick. Like you, I'm also new to vaping. I did some research and went with the Kangertech SUBOX Mini Kit.
It's great in that I do not crave smoking so far. It's a 50W unit, but I think for my use right now 25W is enough...
Speak to your local vape shop about the SUBOX Mini Kit , Google it, the reviews are all excellent.
If you're prepared to wait a short while, and like me, smaller is important, the Joyetech eVic-VTC Mini (or here) is out soon...

That evic-vtc mini looks nice!
I have to agree with @Pixstar about the cravings. I always had cravings with the twisp hence i chain vaped and the device battery was poor for me.

The nice thing with a 50W or a 30W device is that you can buy different tanks. For example i had one tank that i would leave in the kitchen and one in the bedroom ( i did however have them on 2 different devices) but the point is if i was lazy to refill i could just use one that was lying around.

The sad part is that some tanks were hits and some were misses. Unfortunately I bought a lot of misses before I got some hit tanks!

Here are my 2 devices I currently use. Lip ice in picture for scale.
Just to show that a decent device doesn't have to be bulky. Trade off is price and complexity/experience. 1440537762066-1871027285.jpg

You should really dump the twisp man, rubbish products, Rubbish prices!! their juices are also disgustingly bitter and smash my mouth too hard! If you want I can hook you up with a decent vape setup which you wont get these issues with. And also some juice.

PM me

Back