VG nic or PG nic or 50/50

Jones

New Vaper
LV

Awards
hi guys,
just quick check : what base do you prefer when ordering nicotine ?
i have been using 50/50 but i find after a few weeks even though kept in the fridge it develops a slightly undesirable smell. Its no noticeable in the juice because i use very little.

would like to know your thoughts.

PG. It's just a lot easier to work with. Unless you have an aversion to PG, I can think of no reason for using VG nic.

i started off with vg nic. but then dropped my ratio to 60vg and 40pg. seems to ok no issues. just had a issue in the beginning as i didnt shake the nic well enough before mixing

and you don't find any odours after a while ?..........or does it not get time to lay around :)
Nope, no odours at all and yea it don't stand very long. Even before I never got any smells from VG nic

hi guys,
i have been using 50/50 but i find after a few weeks even though kept in the fridge it develops a slightly undesirable smell. Its no noticeable in the juice because i use very little.

Develops a smell is not right. Contact Prime Nic about it. Name the vendor. I have been following a test on nicotine degradation, in 8 weeks un refrigerated and open it lost 1 out of 100mg potency. Nic stored sealed and in a fridge should be in perfect condition for many months.

That aside, PG is more easy to work with and that is IT. Throat hit etc is a function of how well the nic was treated and the recipe, not the base it came in. If you are not aiming for MAX VG with high levels of flavoring, PG nic is by far the way to go.

I like my liquid base to be 30%pg/ 70%vg... so it I use 100%pg nicotine and 6mg nic in the recipe I can only use a max of 13.33% flavouring (all my flavouring being pg based). So that is why I prefer 100% vg nicotine. Also never had a bad smelling nicotine.

If you mix at high nic levels use VG Nic

I like my liquid base to be 30%pg/ 70%vg... so it I use 100%pg nicotine and 6mg nic in the recipe I can only use a max of 13.33% flavouring (all my flavouring being pg based). So that is why I prefer 100% vg nicotine. Also never had a bad smelling nicotine.
You need stronger nic if this is how it works out at 6mg

hi guys,

I use 100mg/ml with a vg base because that's what I have always used (I agree pg would be easier,but why mess w/ success?) Kept in the refrigerator I've had no issues.

Develops a smell is not right. Contact Prime Nic about it. Name the vendor. I have been following a test on nicotine degradation, in 8 weeks un refrigerated and open it lost 1 out of 100mg potency. Nic stored sealed and in a fridge should be in perfect condition for many months.

That aside, PG is more easy to work with and that is IT. Throat hit etc is a function of how well the nic was treated and the recipe, not the base it came in. If you are not aiming for MAX VG with high levels of flavoring, PG nic is by far the way to go.
Just to clarify. Do you store your nic in a fredge, say at 0-5 degrees Celsius? I store mine in my closet. I normally buy say 2 100 ml bottles at a time and it last me about 4-5 months. So I recon U must keep it at a better place with summer arriving soon. I normally like to stock up on my nic.

Just to clarify. Do you store your nic in a fredge, say at 0-5 degrees Celsius? I store mine in my closet. I normally buy say 2 100 ml bottles at a time and it last me about 4-5 months. So I recon U must keep it at a better place with summer arriving soon. I normally like to stock up on my nic.
I keep it cold, dark and sealed at all times most certainly. I keep a small bottle of VG nic in a cupboard though, the stuff takes FOREVER to become workable when cold. So gloopy.

Hi @FogFace What I’m saying is if you want to have a base mixture of 30%Pg/70%Vg(or even a lower % of Pg) and you want to have more than 14% flavour(flavour that is diluted in Pg) then you need to use Nicotine diluted in Vg. This way your recipe dose not dictate the Nicotine content.

PG is a better solvent for nicotine. It does not have more throat hit if you mix correctly using proper SGs or volumes for your VG : PG ratio. It oxides far slower than VG nic and that is the real benefit of using pg based nicotine.

Hi @FogFace What I’m saying is if you want to have a base mixture of 30%Pg/70%Vg(or even a lower % of Pg) and you want to have more than 14% flavour(flavour that is diluted in Pg) then you need to use Nicotine diluted in Vg. This way your recipe dose not dictate the Nicotine content.

I use nic in PG @ 6 mg. A large number of my recipes can't get to 70% VG because of the nic. At 3mg nic it is easier but the only other option to get 70% VG or higher is nic in VG

I use nic in PG @ 6 mg. A large number of my recipes can't get to 70% VG because of the nic. At 3mg nic it is easier but the only other option to get 70% VG or higher is nic in VG
Bugger, that is why I keep my ratio to 50/50 I like my 12 mg nic.

If it is 36mg per ml yes. But at 100mg/ml you have a lot more head room.

Obviously if you can't reach your desired PG:VG ratio using PG nic, then you have no option but to use VG. At my preferences of 3mg nic and 60:40, it's never been an issue for me. But even if I used more nic or an insane amount of flavouring, I'd just allow it to tilt the ratio to, say, 58:42. It may make it unvapeable for many. But for me, I can't tell the difference. I vape anywhere between 50:50 and 80:20 with no problems.

PG is a better solvent for nicotine. It does not have more throat hit if you mix correctly using proper SGs or volumes for your VG : PG ratio. It oxides far slower than VG nic and that is the real benefit of using pg based nicotine.
Is this why MOST VG nic I found was pink in color? I am happy to have found great quality of it now. Decreased shelf life is going to suck because i got a lot of it.

Bugger, that is why I keep my ratio to 50/50 I like my 12 mg nic.

If that mix works for you thats perfect. I always try to get the VG as high as possible but on some recipes I even go as low as 50/50. In some recipes the PG hit can be a little heavy so I want to get nic in VG for those

Morning @FogFace Were can I buy 100mg/ml in South Africa?
I wrangled some off a Cape Town juice maker myself. I am not certain of it is openly available I will ask and inbox you. There is no vendor that sells it as far as I know. I just dug around on the DIY scene till I lucked out with a good person to help me out.

Back