VGOD Pro Mech Paint Stripping/Removal

Why trade a promech 2 for a promech?

Just curious.

I want a full copper mech to match my dead rabbit with priest Cap. Original plan was to strip it . But because of the black sleeves I've decided to go with the pro mech 1 for the sake of complete copper.

I want a full copper mech to match my dead rabbit with priest Cap. Original plan was to strip it . But because of the black sleeves I've decided to go with the pro mech 1 for the sake of complete copper.

What exactly is this priest cap that i keep hearing about?

This is the priest/challenge copper cap
It fits onto the 24mm dead rabbit
You buy them separately as an accessory item for the dead rabbit

eea3c0ed89c0825c3470f935fa920a6f.png

But how is it any different from the normal dead rabbit copper?

It does not have adjustable airflow port. Airflow is little holes like drop RDA and the top cap doesn’t come off, you can only change drip tip
Makes bigger clouds
c8893ee3a3f832117e9d4d9baa79bb3f.png

So today I finally did it...

I woke up this mornig after a good 10 hours of sleep and before I even had my pjs off I had grabbed my mod and some sand paper.

It took me a total of about an hour doing this because i didnt have the proper equipment. I will post what you will need later on in this thread to repeat this process.

I must say I am extremely pleased with the results. Put it back together, polished her up and popped a fresh wick n battery in and got going.
15338211030781770010647.jpg 15338213821121479489599.jpg

Will post better quality pics later. Had to use a phone camera for this

I woke up this mornig after a good 10 hours of sleep and before I even had my pjs off I had grabbed my mod and some sand paper.

It took me a total of about an hour doing this because i didnt have the proper equipment. I will post what you will need later on in this thread to repeat this process.

I must say I am extremely pleased with the results. Put it back together, polished her up and popped a fresh wick n battery in and got going.
View attachment 141409 View attachment 141410

good job man !

Okay so this is for those wanting to try this themselves.

What youll need:
1 × Drill
1 x sheet of 100 or 150 grit sandpaper (preferably wet-dry sandpaper)
1 × sheet of 1000 or above grit sandpaper (preferably wet-dry sandpaper)
1 × vape drill bit *VITAL* (see below)
A spray bottle with water and a rag
A lot of patience a steady had and a lot of boer-maak-n-plan abilities

The process is very simple
1) unscrew attomizer and ensure there is no battery inside.

2) Pop the drill bit into the drill and screw your tube onto it and ensure it is tight ( ;-) ) just a tip but ensure you oil the threads on the bit that screws onto your vape as it prevents it from getting stuck later on. And wipe down the vape ensuring there is no residue on it.

3) Take a small piece of 100 grit sandpaper (ensure its cut straight, you dont need more than 3 inch by 3 inch pieces at a time) squirt it heavily with water and place it against the tube in the palm of your hand. Curve it around the vape about half way dont apply too much pressure but dont be too gentle.

4) Begin the sanding process. Start off at a slow speed and gradually speed up as if building coils. Move the paper up and down along the tube at a slow pace and avoid edges. Stop every so often to wet the sandpaper again. When you do spray off the residue paint from the tube and give it a wipe down and start again. I did this every minute or so. This prevents heat , friction and accidental damage.

5) Keep going until as much of the paint is off as possible. You may struggle with paint above the logo, I struggled above the V and the D. Once you are satisfied move to the 1000 grit and repeat the steps in 4 (above) and do not forget to keep wetting the paper and cleaning the tube.

6) Once this is done you can try do the paint inside the difficult to reach button hole but i left it because its unseen. Wash your tube thoroughly and dry off to prevent corrosion.

7) Polish your tube up with some Brasso or simular product. Ensure you oil the contact, spring and other moving parts. Pop a fresh battery and atty on there and youre good to go with your revamped Vgod Pro-Mech

Nice work !!!

Things to note:
• this is much easier with someones help to work the drill
• follow the steps to the T or you may have issues.
• make sure you keep the paper wet and clean the tube. There may be paint on the paper but reapplying water will get it off. Once the paper is worn cut a new piece or it wont work
• This took me a while to do so make time and be patient.
• avoid sanding without the drill moving.

***PLEASE NOTE I WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES OR DAMAGES YOU MAY SUFFER BY FOLLOWING THESE STEPS. DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK***

The drill bit:
https://www.vaperscorner.co.za/product/vandy-vape-polishing-rig/
images (10).jpeg images (9).jpeg

Good-luck,
Have fun,
And share your results!!!

Note that i didnt use that drill bit. I used a broken pencil and a whole lot of thread tape/plumbers tape XD XD XD

I was too impatient to wait a week for delivery so i made a plan.

I highly highly highly recommend that you dont do this tho as it was a pain in the Goon

Nice man! Looks good!

For the sake of information for those with box mods, I've stripped 2x mods with paint stripper with great results. Followed up with Autosol makes them shine like a pawnshop owner's forehead.

Definitely! That would look awesome. I would love to see you do a patina.

Got to admit, I've no idea what a patina is. Lol.

You gooi your bare metal <thing> into a bath/spray or otherwise coat with of the likes of vinegar, salt and hydrogen peroxide to forcefully and rapidly oxidise the outer layer. With copper mods, that creates that green weathered look like you stole it from Davy Jones' locker. Alternatively you can hold it firmly whist explaining to your wife where you've been all morning and why the credit card looks a bit on the k*k side and let your salty hands do the work for you, but then if your mod explodes one day and you flee the scene, your mod will become a valuable asset to the investigating party as it will have nice fingerprints embedded in the metal. Then again, they might find actual fingers so this point it pretty moot.

Caution: The side effects of vaping patina devices may include spontaneous sprouting of tentacles from the lower jaw, loss of flexibility in one knee (referred to "wooden leg syndrome"), sudden fascination with triangular hats and treasure, rapid decay of dental health and possibly scurvy.

PS: The above is obviously satire. Please don't write an article about the dangers of vaping titled "A new study by an independent third party professional has shown...bla bla bla #fakenews"

View attachment 141409 View attachment 141410
This looks awesome, job well done!

Got to admit, I've no idea what a patina is. Lol.

A patina is sorta like the oxidisation on metal but a lot of people woth mech tubes force patina their mods to give it a new look using ammonia and salt.

You can do all sortsa things with it

See below.images (12).jpeg images (11).jpeg

Back