VGOD Pro Mech Paint Stripping/Removal

Completely forgot i promised better pictures.... here ya go for those interested:
20180816_145446.jpg 20180816_145442.jpg

magnificent! I am very excited to do this tomorrow :D I'll post my progress pics here too!

So after a night in the paint stripper the paint fell off like burnt skin. Effortless.

Downside is that the factory scratches the device before they paint it to ensure that the paint sticks - as you can see in the photos. Unfortunately no amount of brasso can fix this. So I'm going to pick up some sandpaper when I have time and try to sand off the scratches.

Before:IMG-20180817-WA0003.jpeg

After:
IMG_20180818_124835.jpg

I used a water based paint stripper and it didn't harm the delrin insert at all.

So after a night in the paint stripper the paint fell off like burnt skin. Effortless.

Downside is that the factory scratches the device before they paint it to ensure that the paint sticks - as you can see in the photos. Unfortunately no amount of brasso can fix this. So I'm going to pick up some sandpaper when I have time and try to sand off the scratches.

Before:View attachment 142408

After:
View attachment 142409

looks great man, good job

After:
View attachment 142409
Now I want a vgod merch, damn!
Nice!

Wow, it looks way better without all the paint, good job.

@Spyro that looks great!! Thanks foe the info. Could you share the brand of paintstripper you used because i used multiple brands and none worked.

PS: for best results use 2000 grit sandpaper anything lower and you will still see slightly noticeable scratches.

The stripper and brasso did a real number on my fingers. Need to hop in the shower and moisturise :D anyone got some hand cream? :p

Cant speak for the paint stripper but i doubt the brasso did anything as i use it almost daily to polish my mods and i put it on my finger rub it in then clean it off witha cloth

Plascon Removall, I filled up a bowl, disassembled the device and let it soak for 12 hours. It takes a long time to work but it takes off all the paint without dissolving it. You can peel the paint off afterwards and it doesn't damage the delrin.1534669510845222187236.jpg

Plascon Removall, I filled up a bowl, disassembled the device and let it soak for 12 hours. It takes a long time to work but it takes off all the paint without dissolving it. You can peel the paint off afterwards and it doesn't damage the delrin.View attachment 142462

Ill give this a try. Going to strip another mod soon. Ijoy Capo with flaking paint.

So I gave into the urge and got me a DR and priest cap

Not dissapointed

1535206521635233752437.jpg

After:
View attachment 142409
Do you think the paint stripper would work on the rubber coating on the Minikin boost?

Mine is scratched and peeling but I love the mod but it’s a pain to try peel.

Awesome work guys.
@Paul33 it should work and if it doesn't try a small amount of oil based stripper.oil normally saturates rubber faster

I’ll give it go. Thanks.

I truly don't know a thing about paint stripping. I found the paint stripper in the garage. It was leftovers from some work that was done a while back. I'd follow what Resistance says.

remove any and all rubber / plastic parts. unless it polypropylene the paint stripper will most likely damage it.

Back