VTC 5 Dark Spot

Yiannaki

Vaping Addict
VIP
LV

Awards
So I had just pulled one of the VTC 5's I was using all day off of charge and came across this dark spot on it.

Has anyone experienced this before? Battery behaved normally all day and charged fully to 4.2v.

b6026730d5710a91fea226f42dbcd2a5.jpg

It almost looks like some moisture getting cozy under the wrapping, could some juice have gotten in there? Worst case the battery could be leaking its fluids. Or it could just be some innocent staining on the plastic.

Nothing to worry about, the juice gets under the wrap. All of mine look that way.

I get it too. It's juice leaking.

Sent from my REO filled with VM Menthol Ice with a drop of coconut!

@BumbleBee @Alex @Rob Fisher

Thank you for the response kind sirs! It is greatly appreciated :rock:

The three of you have put my mind at ease. I got all sad, thinking I would be tossing it away. Lol.

I've got the same on one or two of mine, Nothing wrong with the battery. Moisture and juice gets under the wrapping when the wrap gets a bit loose from heat.

I get it too. It's juice leaking.

Rob, you must still be getting reception off the coast of Moz?
Mighty impressive !
Hope you enjoying the cruise and the vape is going well

So I had just pulled one of the VTC 5's I was using all day off of charge and came across this dark spot on it.

Has anyone experienced this before? Battery behaved normally all day and charged fully to 4.2v.

:p Fake Wrapper :p

Wow, @Yiannaki
I hear that you and others are having this and its all still working - but that is a bummer

For the record, I have none such spots on my Efest batteries. Been using them for a few months now. Maybe the covering on the Efests is better? I don't have the VTC batts despite wanting to try them for a while.

Wow, @Yiannaki
I hear that you and others are having this and its all still working - but that is a bummer

For the record, I have none such spots on my Efest batteries. Been using them for a few months now. Maybe the covering on the Efests is better? I don't have the VTC batts despite wanting to try them for a while.

I think the EFEST wrapping is better @Silver. It feels almost 'thicker' and its glossy finish could also be the reason that it does not occur.

Efest better wrapping, sony better battery. Xtar best of both worlds like Albany bread but its 1mm taller then both those flat tops

Efest better wrapping, sony better battery. Xtar best of both worlds like Albany bread but its 1mm taller then both those flat tops

Thanks. Do you have a measurement of the Xtar? Is it flat or button?

For those that have Reos, the Reo doesnt like a battery that is too tall, because the hot spring gets too compressed limiting or eliminating its built in safety ability

Thanks. Do you have a measurement of the Xtar? Is it flat or button?

For those that have Reos, the Reo doesnt like a battery that is too tall, because the hot spring gets too compressed limiting or eliminating its built in safety ability
It has identicle readings of a VTC4 because it is an authentic Sony VTC4 that has been rewrapped and branded by Xtar, I can't recall the site I saw the graph on but every test showed it to perform the same as a VTC4. I've used that in my IPV and a couple times in my mechs, they hit just as hard as my sonys. I use them as backups though since I have 9 VTC5's expecting 8 more soon :p

Origin_Vape_XTAR_VTC4_30Amp_18650_2100mAh_3.6v_High_Drain_Li-ion_Flat_Top_Battery_04.jpg

Don't have the measurements, It's a flat top. but this should help

Thanks @VandaL

It will probably work okay in the Reo just judging from that pic

But what I do know is that my Efests are a little bit longer than the AW that the Reo was designed for but not too much of a problem. That Xtar, being a little taller than the Efest may just compress the spring a bit too much. Will probably still work fine though.

Rob, you must still be getting reception off the coast of Moz?
Mighty impressive !
Hope you enjoying the cruise and the vape is going well

I am indeed. So nice to cruise the forums. Not so cool to type replies on the iPhone 4. But great to be in touch. At least I will get the bigger iPhone when I get back. ;-)

Back