VTC Mini v3.01 firmware

Just woke up after a nice afternoon nap :FADDANCING:

giphy.gif

Looks like they are 2 different functions completely and not a typo (never know with chinese products: "Note: 1. The Start Mode will aromatically ") :oops:

I have to say SMART mode on the Cuboid is a lot more useful to me than START on the VTC. Wish they had added that on the VTC mini instead as well:

Newly Added SMART Mode
This time, we added the new Smart Mode for the Cuboid. The Smart Mode will aromatically save ten groups of output settings. Each resistance contains an output power setting. It can be adjusted and will be saved once you changed the output wattage.
When ten groups of profiles are saved, the first profile will be deleted if a new resistance is added. And it is the same to continue.
firmware-V3.11.png

You can swop out atties without worrying about touching your wattage for different builds.

Last edited:
The SMART mode on the Cuboid / START mode on VTC Mini will remember up to 10 different profiles for when you change heads and resistances. It will automatically adjust the wattage based on the previous setting you had that matches the head resistance.
I have tested it with 5 different 'heads' including a dripper, all with different resistances and it changes flawlessly every time.
The biggest gripe I have with this mode, is that once it's set, you have no idea at what wattage it is actually firing after changing attys.

Hey guys, I have a question about the latest vtc mini fw. So before whenever I would use bypass mode on my mod I could get up to 95watts on a full charge. I noticed now that its limited to 33.3watts? At first I though my battery is on its way but in power mode I can hit it on 55watts. Do you guys know if there is a safety in bypass mode now based on the build of the tank?

Hey guys, I have a question about the latest vtc mini fw. So before whenever I would use bypass mode on my mod I could get up to 95watts on a full charge. I noticed now that its limited to 33.3watts? At first I though my battery is on its way but in power mode I can hit it on 55watts. Do you guys know if there is a safety in bypass mode now based on the build of the tank?

What does the coil resistance read ? I assume it's around 0.52 / 0.53 ohms ?

Bypass mode will basically just 'divert' the current battery power to the atty, bypassing the circuitry that lowers / increases the voltage that goes to the atty in power or TC mode.
With a 4.2v battery, a 0.52 / 0.53 ohm coil will give you around 33.3 W. My 0.41ohm coil and battery at 4.13 shows 41.6W on Bypass mode.

Be careful though. 95W from a single 18650 implies a 0.185 ohm coil, and a current draw of ~ 22A from the battery at full voltage of 4.2.

What does the coil resistance read ? I assume it's around 0.52 / 0.53 ohms ?

Bypass mode will basically just 'divert' the current battery power to the atty, bypassing the circuitry that lowers / increases the voltage that goes to the atty in power or TC mode.
With a 4.2v battery, a 0.52 / 0.53 ohm coil will give you around 33.3 W. My 0.41ohm coil and battery at 4.13 shows 41.6W on Bypass mode.

Be careful though. 95W from a single 18650 implies a 0.185 ohm coil, and a current draw of ~ 22A from the battery at full voltage of 4.2.
Yeah the build is reading at 0.47Ohms, i would'nt dare using it at higher then 90watts with this build.

Yeah the build is reading at 0.47Ohms, i would'nt dare using it at higher then 90watts with this build.

On 'Bypass', it should then show the voltage as around 3.95v on your display.
'Bypass' mode acts basically the same as a mech. Some mods that support this do still apply some internal limits via the electronics, i.e. low atomizer checks, low battery etc., it just does not step up or step down the output.

Back