Weekend Projects

Resistance

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
A thread where we can share weekend projects, projects, DIY ,etc even the ones you want to tackle.

So I'll start with something that was done last weekend. An organiser for my DIY stock.IMG_20200726_175145.jpg

My projects is still ongoing - busy painting the main gate today, while my painter is busy paining Caitlin's room the same green and grey as mine - she wanted the same colours .
20200801_130339.jpg

Last edited:
This is my new entrance for my bedroom ,with the small patio/balcony, sliding doors and new tiles , the outside walls are painted in the new colour ,need to do the downpipes still and some minor touch ups. The ramp is screeted and the levels meets up .
20200801_130513.jpg

Finished a mag stir plate last week. I'd burnt out 3 dc motors and decided to upgrade.
So its a 24V brushless motor from a Zerox workcenter, the paper feed one with all gears removed. 20 amp ESC with BEC from my RC plane days, controlled by a diy servo tester. RPM's from 500 to 1700 at 12V DC, works well with no heating up after 2hrs stirring.
stir plate 22.JPG
stir plate11.JPG

This weekend was trying to silver solder a custom 510 for a box mod, brass to SS, was a dismal failure so Ill have to wait for Monday to get some flux.
The brass disc was cut with a 18mm bi-metal hole saw, just needs tapping with 7x 0.5 which is easy enough.
IMG_4712.JPG IMG_4713.JPG

This weekend was trying to silver solder a custom 510 for a box mod, brass to SS, was a dismal failure so Ill have to wait for Monday to get some flux.
The brass disc was cut with a 18mm bi-metal hole saw, just needs tapping with 7x 0.5 which is easy enough.
View attachment 202926 View attachment 202927
Hi @blujeenz try some lemon juice as replacement for the flux. Vinegar might also help

Finished a mag stir plate last week. I'd burnt out 3 dc motors and decided to upgrade.
So its a 24V brushless motor from a Zerox workcenter, the paper feed one with all gears removed. 20 amp ESC with BEC from my RC plane days, controlled by a diy servo tester. RPM's from 500 to 1700 at 12V DC, works well with no heating up after 2hrs stirring.
View attachment 202924
View attachment 202925
This is cool.
I have sourced a fan and might be taking on a similar project.

180 mA is going to struggle as soon as you add the VG.
Might want to try cutting off all the fan blades for less drag.
I figured as much, that's why I didn't start yet just in case I got a bigger fan. I saw the driver board is also burnt. Would have been nice because it has variable voltage. circuit.
I will see what I can source in the week.

I figured as much, that's why I didn't start yet just in case I got a bigger fan. I saw the driver board is also burnt. Would have been nice because it has variable voltage. circuit.
I will see what I can source in the week.
What do you think of a 240v fan @blujeenz

Not a typical weekend project, but having to remove ceilings and chiseling open cracks in walls to parapet height on outbuildings, reappointing and filling with new mortar, plastering and refinishing and waterproofing. Gives me time to redo the shelving and storage as well. When you can see your neighbors pool from inside, and after a 3 or 4 year fight with insurance I’m having to fix it myself, before portions of it move to his yard. :D And then I start on the house! :facepalm:

Not a typical weekend project, but having to remove ceilings and chiseling open cracks in walls to parapet height on outbuildings, reappointing and filling with new mortar, plastering and refinishing and waterproofing. Gives me time to redo the shelving and storage as well. When you can see your neighbors pool from inside, and after a 3 or 4 year fight with insurance I’m having to fix it myself, before portions of it move to his yard. :D And then I start on the house! :facepalm:
Any projects welcome.
Pics or it didn't happen:aplastao:

4391A09B-50F0-4D1B-9419-67A9AD99526A.jpeg Ja so this was meant to take 21 days (original lockdown) but life happened.

Still not quite done yet...

Not exactly a weekend project. More of a semi retirement one. I bought an old settlers cottage that hadn't been lived in for 40 years but had been an occasional holiday home for someone who is now too old to travel. It needs a lot of work. First big item.. The roof and yes I am doing all the work myself with only my wife as an assistant.20200622_131534_HDR.jpg 20200622_131534_HDR.jpg 20200626_151101.jpg 20200626_164705_HDR.jpg 20200801_125213_HDR.jpg 20200501_110604_HDR.jpg

The main gate is still slightly wet so need to wait for 2nd coat of paint , the street facing wall is next . I was notified that I was needed at work tomorrow and maybe Tuesday - so painting must wait .

Not exactly a weekend project. More of a semi retirement one. I bought an old settlers cottage that hadn't been lived in for 40 years but had been an occasional holiday home for someone who is now too old to travel. It needs a lot of work. First big item.. The roof and yes I am doing all the work myself with only my wife as an assistant.View attachment 202977 View attachment 202977 View attachment 202978 View attachment 202979 View attachment 202980 View attachment 202981
Looking good - can see this is not a weekend project.

Back