Weekend Projects

Not exactly a weekend project. More of a semi retirement one. I bought an old settlers cottage that hadn't been lived in for 40 years but had been an occasional holiday home for someone who is now too old to travel. It needs a lot of work. First big item.. The roof and yes I am doing all the work myself with only my wife as an assistant.View attachment 202977 View attachment 202977 View attachment 202978 View attachment 202979 View attachment 202980 View attachment 202981

Smart.

Probably not a good idea.
The reason is that fans are designed to move volumes of air and they do that with rpm's in the 2000 range.
My 35mm magnetic stir bar jumps out of the flow at 1000rpm, roughly halfway on the pot.

I was looking at a 240volt pc fan from a psu ,but what your saying makes sense. I will keep that in mind.

Useful info.
I have the standard brazing flux, white powder in a plastic tub, but its not working too well.
I normally use the plumbing flux. Blue or red top yellow container works equally well. Can't get to the name but will post it when I recall it

Bit the bullet and bought a Geyserwise.

Man I wish I had done this sooner. I have a 200L solar geyser on the roof which by design feeds a 150L one in the roof. The 4kw element in the 200L one is disconnected and the 3Kw in the 150 is active.

What an easy install and a pleasure to work with. I can now program when and how the element comes on and for how long and what temp. The hope is that during the summer months I won't need it on at all.

This will be starting this weekend with stuff I have laying around. No great hurry to get it done. Will make little items for it when I have the time :) images (25).jpeg

Saturdays fail is Mondays win, with enough heat and the right flux, SS/brass hybrid 510 is silver soldered.
I've been getting good use out of the old Bellus since lockdown, cheaper on the juice. :)
The groove on the right is for the negative feed from the N-fet mosfet, which can now be soldered with acid core solder without worrying if the brass disk is going to slide off.
510 plate.JPG

Saturdays fail is Mondays win, with enough heat and the right flux, SS/brass hybrid 510 is silver soldered.
I've been getting good use out of the old Bellus since lockdown, cheaper on the juice. :)
The groove on the right is for the negative feed from the N-fet mosfet, which can now be soldered with acid core solder without worrying if the brass disk is going to slide off.
View attachment 203091
Well done.
Pity you had to wait till today ,but it's worth it when you get it done!
Awesome!

Back