Well i have a new vape trick.

Yeah I have to apologize for that little outburst. I had such high hopes that we would be able to change this man's life. unfortunately things didn't work the way I had hoped. The man is back on 2 packs a day.

He was rather keen on listening to my advice of trying the Istick Nautilus combo, and hopefully he will be visiting one of the B&M vendors in the next couple of weeks.

Again to all the guys that had good fortune with Twisp devices please accept my apologies.

The first 'mod' I had was twisp as well. That was about 4 years ago.

Used it for a month then went back on stinkies.

I don't blame twisp, I blame myself because if I really wanted to quit smoking I would have done so, regardless of which mod I used.

I always advise smokers who want to quit and start vaping, don't expect your mod to do all the work. You have to make the decision to quit. Make up your mind, do you want to stop smoking or not?

Most smokers expect miracles from the mod they use.

The mod is there to assist, that's all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first 'mod' I had was twisp as well. That was about 4 years ago.

Used it for a month then went back on stinkies.

I don't blame twisp, I blame myself because if I really wanted to quit smoking I would have done so, regardless of which mod I used.

I always advise smokers who want to quit and start vaping, don't expect your mod to do all the work. You have to make the decision to quit. Make up your mind, do you want to stop smoking or not?

Most smokers expect miracles from the mod they use.

The mod is there to assist, that's all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I totally agree. I started with an ego and was good off the stinkies for a week.

Its actually quiet concerning to be honest how many people still use twisps.
True, but the big thing is that they are directly in the public eye... I only found vapeking and then the rest of the shops after probably smoking my twisp for like 4 -5 months... and that was only because I wanted a battery upgrade, even got an extra twisp battery that was not sufficient.. whilst looking for a battery I only ran into Rip, and thest of the youtube comunity, and realized there are actually specialized vapeing equipment... and from there, eish, cost me allot more than my twisps ever did, hehe!!

Perhaps a Vape shop more in the public eye, instead of from home will make a difference.....

Problem is that some vape shops over charge so much that it makes people off the street think smoking is cheaper and so they'll keep doing it. Please not I said SOME vape shops, I pretty sure we all know who I'm referring to.

Problem is that some vape shops over charge so much that it makes people off the street think smoking is cheaper and so they'll keep doing it. Please not I said SOME vape shops, I pretty sure we all know who I'm referring to.

This has been discussed quite a bit. Unfortunately you can not compare a B&M shop to a online store because they have to pay insane amounts for rental in a busy mall/center. And of course then they have to make that up somehow and hence increase their prices. In return they provide a different kind of service than what we are used to. I don't think they "over" charge...they just charge more because they work differently.

PS: smoking IS cheaper :p

I totally get that, and it's understandable that their overheads are going to be much higher then those of a online store with having to pay rent. Don't get me wrong, I love B&M stores, the fact that I get to go into a store and actually pick up a device or test an atty is great, however there are stores out there that are substantially more expensive. I'll use the Aspire Atlantis as a example (All these shops have a online and B&M stores), Vapeshop #1 R470 / Vapeshop #2 R550 / Vapeshop #3 R700. All i'm saying is this, the primary goal of vaping is to get off stinkies for a healthier lifestyle and help smokers do the same if we can, not to exploit people to try make as much money as possible.

P.S: Vaping is only expensive because of all the cool toys :rofl:

I totally get that, and it's understandable that their overheads are going to be much higher then those of a online store with having to pay rent. Don't get me wrong, I love B&M stores, the fact that I get to go into a store and actually pick up a device or test an atty is great, however there are stores out there that are substantially more expensive. I'll use the Aspire Atlantis as a example (All these shops have a online and B&M stores), Vapeshop #1 R470 / Vapeshop #2 R550 / Vapeshop #3 R700. All i'm saying is this, the primary goal of vaping is to get off stinkies for a healthier lifestyle and help smokers do the same if we can, not to exploit people to try make as much money as possible.

P.S: Vaping is only expensive because of all the cool toys :rofl:

I hear you, but...

In your example maybe the store rental costs per month are: VapeShop #1 R5000, VapeShop #2 R10000, and VapeShop #3 R20000 :D
It's really not that simple when comparing these things. Plus you always have the choice of not buying from someone if they are priced too high for you. The goal of any business is always making money.

This can be debated to death, but the bottom line is that no shop in bad just because they charge more. They are not necessarily ripping people off, they are just running a different kind of business.

Back