Well that's a first (and hopefully last)

Well I ain't about to try roasted bug flavour, and will be storing tanks inverted and tracking down one of them obscene looking tip hoodies :giggle:

Mrs Chuck Norris Lungs tried roasted fruit fly before... and unfortunately me as well because the moment her vape tastes funny she passes it to me and says: "does this taste funny to you?"... since then I have made a habit of checking the PnP pods before I take a hit. If she asks what I am doing, "I am just checking if I can see if it is gunky in there love" is the standard response... never tell your wife that you found an actual bug in her setups, you will be cleaning and rewicking all the other setups post haste!

Luckily never had an issue with one of my own, my "lab" (as my kids labeled it) stays neat and tidy and any bugs entering the designated area gets dealt with swiftly.

I use the tops of 10ml plastic DIY bottles. Heads up - they blow off in the wind, but indoors they're fine.

Tank caps.jpg

This has happened to me before too. It's so revolting!

Actually this weekend my husband bought a red bull, it was a scorcher and we had friends coming to supper. Left it on the counter in the kitchen. I took a sip and there was a living fly in my mouth. I projectile spat that sucker out! I was so grossed out!

Last edited:
We eat insects all the time. In the USA the FDA provides allowed limits for insects and other non-listed ingredients such as fly maggots and rodent hairs in food.

Here is one example :

Screenshot 2022-01-24 164426.jpg

If you want to take a look at the complete list go here ( not for the queasy, easily upset, or easily frightened):

https://www.fda.gov/food/ingredient...atory-information/food-defect-levels-handbook

I have been vaping for more than eight years and have never found any bug/fly/insect/vermin in an atty. I am always using four or five attys in rotation at any one time so the odds are against me. If I covered my attys I would have had to cover and uncover them hundreds of thousands of times over the eight-year period. I am naturally lazy. I am prepared to take the risk. In situations like this, I ask myself "what would Chuck Norris have done?"

Maplotter here but was not always one, these days this sounds like, saturday :rofl:

Back