What am I vaping?

We undergo a nose and palate development course to 'train' our senses to identify the various flavours in coffee. The flavour wheel lists all the aromas present in coffee and hones it down into the various sub-sections per flavour group. This explains how to use the wheel, developed by SCAA (Speciality Coffee Association).
The nose training course is very interesting and it is a kit from France called Le New du Cafe (the nose of coffee). It contains 36 aromas for you to smell and memorize. The illustrated book describes the aromatic group of each aroma, it's odoriferous features and its presence in the world’s coffees.
See the rationale here. It's rather pricey so not really the man in the street will buy. We offer this course at work, called the Coffee Passionate Course, and I'm happy to provide more info if anyone is interested.

Coffee flavour wheel:

View attachment 137084
Holy moly! Makes engineering studies look like a walk in the park!

I have been wondering if there is a way to "write" flavor. Meaning like we write music or explain colors in terms of RGB ratios. This would make explaining and even mixing flavors so much easier. Seems like your post shows that the complexity of flavors makes this idea rather ridiculous.

Or is it?

Regards

We undergo a nose and palate development course to 'train' our senses to identify the various flavours in coffee. The flavour wheel lists all the aromas present in coffee and hones it down into the various sub-sections per flavour group. This explains how to use the wheel, developed by SCAA (Speciality Coffee Association).
The nose training course is very interesting and it is a kit from France called Le New du Cafe (the nose of coffee). It contains 36 aromas for you to smell and memorize. The illustrated book describes the aromatic group of each aroma, it's odoriferous features and its presence in the world’s coffees.
See the rationale here. It's rather pricey so not really the man in the street will buy. We offer this course at work, called the Coffee Passionate Course, and I'm happy to provide more info if anyone is interested.

Coffee flavour wheel:

View attachment 137084
You don't perhaps offer the same type of course with wine? I can do the swirl pretty well, lift the glass to the light and look at it intently, push my face as deep in it as possible when I do take a wiff...so basically I have mailed the "this guy must know what he's doing" act...but I get 1 aroma and 1 aroma only from every single wine a taste, and I call that aroma: Wine.
Then again, I like the wine flavour and it makes me feel happy when I drink enough of it, so I'm fine actually.

@Steyn777 , start vaping faster! :GODZILLA: That way you will never have to guess! Eish, but I can relate as well, found 2 unmarked bottles the other day, had to try them to figure out what they were, turned out to be some of @vicTor Icee Watermelon :D he had gifted me, and surprise, the bottle of vg I use for rewicking that I was looking for :confused:. That damm bottle is now properly marked!
Well I use the Zues when I travel now...so fast vaping is not really a choice anymore. And for that Rta I travel with my 100ml mixes and nothing comes back. Problem solved.

Coffee flavour wheel:

View attachment 137084

Oh my word, cant believe i missed this post @Rude Rudi
I think i was neck deep in VapeCon things when you posted it
Thank you, this is excellent!!!
I love it!

@Hooked, this is for you and reading these things should help you with your coffee research even if you dont go on the course

Oh my word, cant believe i missed this post @Rude Rudi
I think i was neck deep in VapeCon things when you posted it
Thank you, this is excellent!!!
I love it!

@Hooked, this is for you and reading these things should help you with your coffee research even if you dont go on the course
It also gives perspective to @Rude Rudi ability to mix the way he does. He’s got a trained high end nose assisting.:D

Back