What Can We Do To Keep On Vaping In Rsa?

Yes, this is certainly something that has been kicked around in the past, and as I recall, it is totally in conceptual stage and did not go any further.

If I had the time, and the patience then I would probably do it.

If anyone is interested in working on it, let me know, and maybe as a group effort we could get something going?

We would need:

1. A committee of committed committee members (think tank)
2. A person with graphic design capabilities
3. Someone who can do basic website and maintenance
4. A few folks who write well/enjoy writing/drafting documents
5. Someone to interpret the legislation

The think tank would need to assess the current position and identify potential threats in the future. We would also need to identify and propose a strategy to promote edukashun about vaping, and to counter the evil propaganda of Big Pharma and Big Tobacco

struggle.jpg

All, I would like to suggest a meeting of those few who are prepared to take up the cause!

Probably the Joburgers, as that's where @devdev, @Silver, and I are based (The guys I know personally)

I'm prepared to make the time for this.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

All, I would like to suggest a meeting of those few who are prepared to take up the cause!

Probably the Joburgers, as that's where @devdev, @Silver, and I are based (The guys I know personally)

I'm prepared to make the time for this.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

@Chef Guest - you have such a great vibe and such a wonderful way with words!

As I said previously, I will add value where I can - time permitting

I'm also willing to help out where I can, just give me a shout wherever a hand is needed :rock:

sent from a Reo & MVP happy cloud

im a willing helper.
will offer what ever time i have to spare in whatever ways i can

Greetings all. I'd like to bounce something very important off everyone in the forum, which has bearing on the issue of how vaping is perceived by the South African community at large, and - in turn - on future prohibitions/restrictions in terms of law. Needless to say, the outcome has massive repercussions for suppliers large and small, and of course for every one of us in the vaping community.

As some of you may know (having read my recent, well-received Cape Argus article), I am a freelance journalist. I am also a veteran copywriter, editor and well-regarded scriptwriter-producer, with extensive experience in both corporate and broadcast TV (inserts; documentaries, etc.)

I'd like to use my skills to make the ultimate slick, professional, informative and entertaining documentary on vaping; a multi-purpose production that can be uploaded to uTube, used on supplier-sites, and - hopefully - screened on national television.

In a nutshell, I'd like to shoot in Joeys, Durbs and Slaapstad, interviewing key industry players; attending vape meets; talking to vaping pros and gear collectors; grabbing vox pops from smokers and anti-smokers in the street, in clubs and in restaurants, as well as getting input from medical professionals and researchers, if possible. I reckon we'd be looking at around 12-15 minutes in length (which can always be edited down for different applications).

I've bounced the idea off an associate who owns a small production company/facility near me (who is also a producer, director and veteran, shit-hot editor). He's fired up to work with me on this project, but - even if we slash our own rates to Cape Town rock-bottom - the production is going to cost bucks.

Quite apart from the time spent in pre-production on writing, researching, 'storyboarding' and shoot co-ordination, there are the actual production costs of crew and gear-hire (lighting, sound and camera), transport, consumables, accommodation, etc, and finally, post-production, i.e. graphics and editing.

I am sure that, being a community, ecigssa members will help out wherever they can, but essentially, we need upfront financial assistance to get the production off the ground, asap.

I will do some number-crunching and revert with a ballpark figure, but urgently need an enthusiastic show of hands regarding assistance with formal sponsorship and/or crowd-funding.

Thank you in anticipation for sharing my excitement.

This is awesome news and exciting and if done correctly could help out the vaping industry as well as provide useful information to the South African community. In the last few days i have noticed an increase in our local media around this. Most importantly is if we could help stop people smoking (stinkies) cigarettes!!.

Greetings all. I'd like to bounce something very important off everyone in the forum, which has bearing on the issue of how vaping is perceived by the South African community at large, and - in turn - on future prohibitions/restrictions in terms of law. Needless to say, the outcome has massive repercussions for suppliers large and small, and of course for every one of us in the vaping community.

As some of you may know (having read my recent, well-received Cape Argus article), I am a freelance journalist. I am also a veteran copywriter, editor and well-regarded scriptwriter-producer, with extensive experience in both corporate and broadcast TV (inserts; documentaries, etc.)

I'd like to use my skills to make the ultimate slick, professional, informative and entertaining documentary on vaping; a multi-purpose production that can be uploaded to uTube, used on supplier-sites, and - hopefully - screened on national television.

In a nutshell, I'd like to shoot in Joeys, Durbs and Slaapstad, interviewing key industry players; attending vape meets; talking to vaping pros and gear collectors; grabbing vox pops from smokers and anti-smokers in the street, in clubs and in restaurants, as well as getting input from medical professionals and researchers, if possible. I reckon we'd be looking at around 12-15 minutes in length (which can always be edited down for different applications).

I've bounced the idea off an associate who owns a small production company/facility near me (who is also a producer, director and veteran, shit-hot editor). He's fired up to work with me on this project, but - even if we slash our own rates to Cape Town rock-bottom - the production is going to cost bucks.

Quite apart from the time spent in pre-production on writing, researching, 'storyboarding' and shoot co-ordination, there are the actual production costs of crew and gear-hire (lighting, sound and camera), transport, consumables, accommodation, etc, and finally, post-production, i.e. graphics and editing.

I am sure that, being a community, ecigssa members will help out wherever they can, but essentially, we need upfront financial assistance to get the production off the ground, asap.

I will do some number-crunching and revert with a ballpark figure, but urgently need an enthusiastic show of hands regarding assistance with formal sponsorship and/or crowd-funding.

Thank you in anticipation for sharing my excitement.

sounds like creating an awareness to maintain the current vape situation or even grow it is essential. i doubt very much anyone on this forum would be anti supporting this campaign. however the most important factor being the cost factor. once there is a ballpark im certain there will be a greater show of hands based on affordability to each individual.

i personally like the pro-active idea. and i wait anxiously to see what follows.

big up!!

Cool banana-flavours for the positive response so far.

Production length is a major factor influencing the budget, not so much from a scripting and producing POV (as I would not charge normal commercial rates), but what has the greatest impact on cost is the actual shooting (camera-operators, gear-hire, and travel-related expenses), as well as editing time. It is obviously vital that the video covers a selection of manufacturers, suppliers/retailers (and vapers) in the major centres of JHB, Dbn and Cape Town, to be representative. (On reflection, 8 - 10 minutes probably allows adequate time to cover diverse issues, while not becoming too long-winded.) Obviously all sponsors/contributors would get a mention, which is open for discussion. Regardless of who is in the documentary and who isn't, though, this is something that will benefit EVERYONE!

@Vaper Rising if i were in a major center i would be happy to take part and help were i can, i am sure you had a look at my site and saw what vaping did for me.

is it not possible to sell some product placement to some of the big ecig manufacturers. i don't know how this works just a idea.

is it not possible to sell some product placement to some of the big ecig manufacturers. i don't know how this works just a idea.

It is an excellent idea. I would like every single manufacturer and supplier in SA to be featured in some way though, whether it be through interviews, or just via subtle product placement. However, major contributors to the production would be formally recognised in the credits as official sponsors, with logos. I haven't approached anybody privately yet, and am eagerly awaiting input (hello there) from the key players on this forum, as to what the consensus is. Having done my own very informal survey in Cape Town, I can see that the practice is on the up - which means a clampdown is bound to come, so we need to get working on this, and a general modus operandi asap. I'm sure we are agreed that it would be a travesty if all of us who have quit smoking were to once again be lumped together with analog-puffers, and barred from indoor vaping!

John Maytham (Cape Talk) was discussing 'twisps' (in the generic sense) this afternoon, and a listener messaged him to say that the Twisp kiosk in Cavendish Square, Claremont, CT, turns over 70 k a month!!! The bucks are out there.

John Maytham (Cape Talk) was discussing 'twisps' (in the generic sense) this afternoon, and a listener messaged him to say that the Twisp kiosk in Cavendish Square, Claremont, CT, turns over 70 k a month!!! The bucks are out there.

Just a quick P.S. If anyone feels my approach to this mini-documentary/magazine insert concept is inappropriate, please let me know. I'm a spontaneous and impulsive troubleshooter who likes to find quick, creative ways to get a job done, but I am also very practical and polite - and especially sensitive to protocol. Please message me directly if you feel uncomfortable discussing the idea in public, or if you can give some feedback as to where to go with it. I'm meeting with my colleague tomorrow to discuss budget, and would like to give him a positive report, at least.

Yo guys, I've been researching the legalities of Vaping and what we could do to keep Vaping. I'm willing to help out on design and production.

I have a post production studio and the ability to craft a super video for us. My rates are good though, so hit me up @Vaper Rising

Also, I'm very new to this forum, but have been Dry-herb vaping for a while. My product of choice is the Vaporite Budy Pen Pro.

Yo guys, I've been researching the legalities of Vaping and what we could do to keep Vaping. I'm willing to help out on design and production.

I have a post production studio and the ability to craft a super video for us. My rates are good though, so hit me up @Vaper Rising

Also, I'm very new to this forum, but have been Dry-herb vaping for a while. My product of choice is the Vaporite Budy Pen Pro.

Hi fellow writer/producer! I am sorted with production facilities, thanks. The issue is one of production sponsorship, as there will naturally be costs involved if one wants a slick, professional job done. The clampdown is coming! BTW, I'm fascinated by the dry-herb concept. Amazing. Best, M

Hey all,

I was just curious if there are any organisations that are available or if its in the pipeline to help prevent (ant vape laws) or at least provide the vaping community with information around vaping in south Africa and the laws?

My reason for this is I am seeing a trend overseas (more usa) and would like to know your thoughts or info?

Back