What did you Mix today?

New flavors arrived Thursday, nothing like that smell when you open the courier bag :mm:

Mixed up the following:

Pebbles refill of my 100ml bottle with CAP Sugar Cookie v1 for the first time instead of subbing v2, excited to taste the difference.
DIYeleos the Milk 50ml tester as I've read good things, Rage said he has mixed up 16oz of it which is making me wish I had made a bigger batch.
Sadlads Cinnamon Toast Crunch 50ml Its been a couple of years since I was last in the states and ate this cereal but this is so spot on even after a 48 hour steep I feel I'm going to need bigger bottles of Cereal 27 and CDS
Funfetti 50ml Got FA Joy to give the DIYorDIE classic a taste
Bronuts 30ml As above, have heard that Choc Glazed Donut can be hit or miss so mixed a smaller tester.
Cookies and Cream 50ml Finally getting CAP Sugar Cookie v1 I couldn't pass up such a highly rated recipe.
Bust A Nut 30ml Didn't have FA Sweet Cream so subbed it with 3% CAP Sweet Cream as per v2 of the recipe.
Strawnana Custard 100ml I did a double take at the Vanilla Custard % but I'm going to do my best to stick this at the back of the cupboard and forget about it for 7 month as per the authors instructions. Wish me luck.
Butter Almond Custard 2x 30ml one with FW Yellow Cake and one without to test.

Last edited:
New flavors arrived Thursday, nothing like that smell when you open the courier bag :mm:

Mixed up the following:

Pebbles refill of my 100ml bottle with CAP Sugar Cookie v1 for the first time instead of subbing v2, excited to taste the difference.
DIYeleos the Milk 50ml tester as I've read good things, Rage said he has mixed up 16oz of it which is making me wish I had made a bigger batch.
Sadlads Cinnamon Toast Crunch 50ml Its been a couple of years since I was last in the states and ate this cereal but this is so spot on even after a 48 hour steep I feel I'm going to need bigger bottles of Cereal 27 and CDS
Funfetti 50ml Got FA Joy to give the DIYorDIE classic a taste
Bronuts 30ml As above, have heard that Choc Glazed Donut can be hit or miss so mixed a smaller tester.
Cookies and Cream 50ml Finally getting CAP Sugar Cookie v1 I couldn't pass up such a highly rated recipe.
Bust A Nut 30ml Didn't have FA Sweet Cream so subbed it with 3% CAP Sweet Cream as per v2 of the recipe.
Strawnana Custard 100ml I did a double take at the Vanilla Custard % but I'm going to do my best to stick this at the back of the cupboard and forget about it for 7 month as per the authors instructions. Wish me luck.
Butter Almond Custard 2x 30ml one with FW Yellow Cake and one without to test.
I've tried the bust a nut before... But found the hazelnut way too harsh for me... even after standing in the cupboard for a couple of weeks... if I ever try it again it will be with hazelnut at 1% or something like that...

The butter almond custard is amazing... I made it without the yellow cake... it's one of my favorites lately...

I have not tried any of the others yet...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've tried the bust a nut before... But found the hazelnut way too harsh for me... even after standing in the cupboard for a couple of weeks... if I ever try it again it will be with hazelnut at 1% or something like that...

The butter almond custard is amazing... I made it without the yellow cake... it's one of my favorites lately...

I have not tried any of the others yet...

Did think the percentage was a bit high as I've only tasted Hazelnut around the 2% mark for the most part. If it turns out a dud at least I've only mixed 30ml.

Did think the percentage was a bit high as I've only tasted Hazelnut around the 2% mark for the most part. If it turns out a dud at least I've only mixed 30ml.
I only made 10ml and honestly couldn't understand what everyone was raving about... But I love nutty vapes... so I do want to give it another go... with hazelnut at 1% though...

Mixed up the following:

This is a solid list of top rated recipes - not one there which I have not made and enjoyed!
That Strawnana custard... heaven in a vape. It's generally good to go in about 4 weeks but gets better and better...

Enjoy 'em!

A note in Bust a Nut - DO NOT SUB ANYTHING. I made the mistake of subbing the FW Hazelnut and it tasted like shite...
The longer it sits, the better...

Will do - based on the ratings, it's sure to be a winner.

OK, the Sadlad had a week of resting and I vaped it over the weekend. It's a solid, complex vape with many layers and notes. The exhale is heavy on the CDS and I will probably drop it slightly on the next batch. It is not as "dry" as other cereal vapes, thanks to the duo of creams employed. The toasted marshmallow is a nice touch to add the the "toasted" effect and blends nicely to provide the sweetness. The use of multiple cereal types makes the "cerealness" less linear and adds fantastic complexity.

If you like cereals, this is a must have.

Finally a use for my TFA Pie Crust...

@Andre

Managed to mix just a couple up this week...

Plum Brulee - One of my favourite rotation juices courtesy of @rogue zombie. I experimented with the base by adding 0.1% INW Sesame to add a new dimension to this stunner!
Awesome Apple Pie by Botboy141 - My absolute favourite Apple Pie bar none. Mixed up a generous 100mls of this baby...
Creme de Orange - I have to make this so often that I no longer require a recipe... Bumped it up to 100mls now...
Toasted - Cinnamon toasted cornflakes with a splash of milk. A bit dry but a solid cereal vape
Virgin Frosties! Thanks to @Clouds4Days for this baby! This is a cereal-less cereal! Cereal note provided by AP...
Frosties Remix - A brilliant, complex cereal vape courtesy of a private recipe shared by @DanielSLP. One day he will share it...
Ckemist Original: Apple Juice What is says on the label...
Queen's Cookie Jar Thanks to @Caveman for the share here

I made 100ml of God Milk... 100ml of Eye of the Tiger... and 50ml of my raspberry pineapple sherbet... decided they were worth more than my previous 10ml sample...

I made 100ml of God Milk... 100ml of Eye of the Tiger... and 50ml of my raspberry pineapple sherbet... decided they were worth more than my previous 10ml sample...

Links to the recipes please. I find it is always worth a look at recipes, which are larger quantity favourites of DIY members.

Oooohhhh... made a couple again this weekend... These are the new ones I tried out... Made some old favorites as well...

Eye of the Tiger - A Frosties cereal recipe... I only made a test batch of 10ml... waiting for this to steep... at the moment I am getting too much Hazelnut... so hoping that will settle a bit after a while...

God Milk - Also only made a 10ml test batch... too much harsh Strawberry at the moment... so also waiting for it to steep a bit before I make up my mind about it...

Butter Almond Custard - Oh my hat!!! This sample came out so nice I immediately made 100ml of it... I'm sure it will be so much better after some steep time... but wow... I love it!!

Unicorn Puke - Quite interesting... I like it! It's a bit of a break from my normal sweet tooth...

Sorry @Andre... I posted them last weekend... Only made testers back then for God Milk and Eye of the Tiger... made the full quantities this weekend...

Oh... and I almost forgot... I made 60ml of

Mother's Unicorn Milk

as well... Never tried it before... but it seems to be highly rated... so decided to give it a try...

Oh... and I almost forgot... I made 60ml of

Mother's Unicorn Milk

as well... Never tried it before... but it seems to be highly rated... so decided to give it a try...
Just in case you don't like that one, don't despair - it's a pretty old recipe (total flavour percentage is WAY high), so there is a newer scaled-down modern version of it. I just need to dig through my recipe list to find it, but it's the authentic clone (bit of a paradox there, but it's the leaked authentic recipe, I mean).

Just in case you don't like that one, don't despair - it's a pretty old recipe (total flavour percentage is WAY high), so there is a newer scaled-down modern version of it. I just need to dig through my recipe list to find it, but it's the authentic clone (bit of a paradox there, but it's the leaked authentic recipe, I mean).
I still have old gear... so I have to admit I do prefer the higher flavor percentages... I am planning on upgrading a little at the vape con :)

I still have old gear... so I have to admit I do prefer the higher flavor percentages... I am planning on upgrading a little at the vape con :)
Gotcha - but the main issue with that recipe is that the strawberry starts to disappear behind the heavy creams after a steep :)

Gotcha - but the main issue with that recipe is that the strawberry starts to disappear behind the heavy creams after a steep :)
Ahhh ok... I get you...
Oh well... will see what it does after a couple of weeks in the cupboard...
Thanks for the heads up!!

Found it:

Butter Cream: 1.5%
Graham Cracker v1: 0.5%
New York Cheesecake v1: 0.5%
Sweet Cream: 1.5%
Sweet Strawberry: 8.5%
VBIC: 1%
Vanilla Custard v1: 3%

All ingredients are CAP.

That's the official Unicorn Milk recipe, according to Wayne. Personally I found the strawberry way too sweet in that one, so I brought mine down to 4% and added 2% INW strawberry.

PS: But with older gear / less heat / MTL setups / etc, the extra sweet strawberry might be a good thing.

Found it:

Butter Cream: 1.5%
Graham Cracker v1: 0.5%
New York Cheesecake v1: 0.5%
Sweet Cream: 1.5%
Sweet Strawberry: 8.5%
VBIC: 1%
Vanilla Custard v1: 3%

All ingredients are CAP.

That's the official Unicorn Milk recipe, according to Wayne. Personally I found the strawberry way too sweet in that one, so I brought mine down to 4% and added 2% INW strawberry.

PS: But with older gear / less heat / MTL setups / etc, the extra sweet strawberry might be a good thing.
Oooohhhh... thank you! I will try this one out next time!

A note in Bust a Nut - DO NOT SUB ANYTHING. I made the mistake of subbing the FW Hazelnut and it tasted like shite...
The longer it sits, the better...
I did use all the exact right ingredients... and still didn't like it... all i tasted was chemical hazelnut... LOTS of it... But I think I might have figured out that I don't like high % of hazelnut... so will try it again... but much lower % of hazelnut...

Finished my last 20ml of this, so made 80mls of this amazing Winston Lights recipe tonight. Perfect for my MTL setup:
(NOTE: It darkens considerably on the steep)
I do 40ml in a 50ml bottle to provide some shake-room. Two of those = 80ml, which is about 40 fills of my Nautilus 2 tank. Should last me about a month, since I only use my MTL setup during work hours.

XiYVF32.jpg

Yeah I mixed it up at 75% strength and it was still a very strong flavor on my setup.

Apparently that Authentic clone from Cuttwood spy isn't 100% authentic, was listening to Wayne on an old Podcast recently talk about how he had spoken to the guy who admitted he had just got the concentrate order information from a source at the lab and he had to test and guess at the percentages himself.

Not that any of that really matters as long as the recipe is a good one and he seemed to have fooled everyone with it's closeness to the original. Still need to pick up CAP Butter Cream to give it a test myself tho.

Yeah I mixed it up at 75% strength and it was still a very strong flavor on my setup.

Apparently that Authentic clone from Cuttwood spy isn't 100% authentic, was listening to Wayne on an old Podcast recently talk about how he had spoken to the guy who admitted he had just got the concentrate order information from a source at the lab and he had to test and guess at the percentages himself.

Not that any of that really matters as long as the recipe is a good one and he seemed to have fooled everyone with it's closeness to the original. Still need to pick up CAP Butter Cream to give it a test myself tho.
Yup - but it passed the blind taste test from Wayne himself, so if he couldn't tell the difference, I'm sure we'll be fine too :p
And yes. Butter Cream is extremely useful.. I use it in a LOT of my recipes.

What Wayne did for Inw Milk Chocolate, Goldfish did for Cap Butter Cream. :p

Back